My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    The FROG today was getting my hair cut. It shouldn't be a frog, but a new place and not having had my hair cut for a year turned it into a frog. Anyway it is done now. Not sure I like it but I look younger, cleaner and better for sure. My eyebrows are newly done and I am wearing 'nude' makeup. Better for sure ;)

WTC letter posted.

Called the gardeners now the rain has stopped so gardens should be done this week :T

Another FROG was calling the builder. I did it. I know it sounds daft but I didn't get a good vibe from him so won't be getting a quote. The same thing happened with the electrician and I decided I was being silly so arranged for a quote and he stunk of alcohol and scared me so I am going with my gut. For whatever reason it doesn't feel right ;)

Going to the theatre later :)

Eating poorly and spending appears not to be over. Getting bored of both so I'm sure I will stop soon.

A little top up shop in Ald1 (resisted wine so that's something ;))

No creative work done :o but at least I feel a little more motivated today thank goodness. :)

I hope your day is going well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,713 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new hair :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Loads achieved, well done! Enjoy the theatre :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy new hair :)
    jwil wrote: »
    Loads achieved, well done! Enjoy the theatre :)
    Thanks beanie and jwil.
    The theatre was good :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Anyone use a mac and time machine? I think I almost get it now. Anyway, I bought an external drive and it works with time machine. It may take me a couple of goes to get it to work but I bought the drive and this has been outstanding as a FROG for 4 years plus. :eek: I know!!

I finally have slippers. Bought a lovely pair for a very good price :money: Wearing slippers feels nice ;)

I made soup today and one washing machine load has been done and is dry too ;)

I walked 2 miles. I'm so unfit it tired me out :o

I ate a big bag of crisps. Bad :o but did not buy any chocolate as I did not fancy it. I bought 4 apples instead :T

I picked up several bottles of wine. I think it is the change in weather. It says a nice glass of red somehow and then I feel rotten so I resisted again :T

Feeling more myself ;)

Enjoy your evening :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Good to see you feeling better in yourself DIA .
    I have a Mac . It should automatically back up when you turn on your Mac ,or you get an error message if it doesn't . You can also click on the hard drive icon and on the top of your screen you can " back up now" . I think that's how it goes. If you're unsure you could also ask tech forum and they'd sort you out pretty sharpish .
    Have a good day
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good to see you feeling better in yourself DIA .
    I have a Mac . It should automatically back up when you turn on your Mac ,or you get an error message if it doesn't . You can also click on the hard drive icon and on the top of your screen you can " back up now" . I think that's how it goes. If you're unsure you could also ask tech forum and they'd sort you out pretty sharpish .
    Have a good day
    Thanks AC. :) I can't see anything when I click on the icon.
    I suppose it is working in the background but I can't be sure.
    I will post on the tech forum although I'm a coward about posting anywhere except debt diaries. Another frog I guess...:o

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks AC. :) I can't see anything when I click on the icon.
    I suppose it is working in the background but I can't be sure.
    I will post on the tech forum although I'm a coward about posting anywhere except debt diaries. Another frog I guess...:o

I've just had a look at my Mac mini which is plugged into the tv.
    If you see the external hard drive logo on your desktop and nothing happens, then that's fine.

If you want to double check: go to top of your screen.
    There should be an icon that looks like a clock with a circular type arrow ..click on that.
    You will see a greyed out area telling you when the last back up was. If you want to back it up just press " back up now".
    Let us know how you get on :)...
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Slippers tell my body that work is finished for the day.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,713 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new slippers :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure