My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,713 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    One of my friends is a great fan of wild swimming.
    Glad that you had a good creative time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    Swimming, at 8am in the morning, in October, in Scotland - no wonder you were buzzing - I've got goosebumps just thinking about that
    Good to see you back and feeling positive. Wild swimming sounds shivery but amazing.
    beanielou wrote: »
    One of my friends is a great fan of wild swimming.
    Glad that you had a good creative time.
    Thanks everyone. I miss it already :( Imagine living somewhere where I could do it everyday!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I did not eat frogs yesterday. I went completely off plan and achieved very little indeed. :o (Decluttered a bag to the CS/Phone topped up/A few presents found in CS)

Despite expecting shopping today I still did a small shop and did not eat from the fridge. Not very MSE.:o I even bought flowers (1.99.!thank you Ald1)

I have ordered my veggies from the community farm so I am excited to see what turns up. I’ve been going backwards and forwards with this for months. I want to be more plant based so I’m hoping the veg box is successful and becomes a regular thing.

I am half way through the month with very little budget left. I just cancelled a social with a friend on Friday because I can’t afford it. I should be okay it if I am careful.

Todays tasks
    A wash done/dried/ironed/packed away
    A clean kitchen (including washing the floor)
    A clean dining room (including washing the floor)

Frogs
    Contact builder
    Contact organisation re creative work
    Contact a relative

Today I will crack on with my creative work. It is great that I can work at a desk, with a chair and fully functional work station :)

I am still avoiding TV unless there is something on that I really want to see :T This frees up so much time.

Wishing you all a positive day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sounds like you were differently productive yesterday. what's the point of being your own boss if you can't make executive decisions on what to do with your time
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    sounds like you were differently productive yesterday. what's the point of being your own boss if you can't make executive decisions on what to do with your time
    Thanks Mark88man :) That is a generous interpretation. I will take it!

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good luck with your frog eating. At least you got lots of cleaning done. I sometimes found cleaning a distraction when working from home, but then it's hard to feel creative if mess is driving you nuts.

I hope you do lots of lovely creative work at your new desk and office chair set up :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good luck with your frog eating. At least you got lots of cleaning done. I sometimes found cleaning a distraction when working from home, but then it's hard to feel creative if mess is driving you nuts.

I hope you do lots of lovely creative work at your new desk and office chair set up :).
    Thanks HH. :) I must confess neither cleaning or creative work are going to plan at the minute but hey ho tomorrow is another day :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yesterday wasn’t too positive. I found out a past friend had died. I had not known she was ill. I thought about her all day. :(

Today I saw a film (Judy). An Oscar nomination for Renee I suspect…

My bedroom is a decluttered tidy space. There are even fresh flowers :) But the house is such a mess generally! All my cleaning plans came to nothing. The floors are crying out to be cleaned! I am not giving up. I am keeping going with this, as coming in to this mess is both demoralising and unnecessary.

I am still spending way above sensible levels. I am confessing to… a film, 2 make-up purchases (primer and eyeshadow) and some cotton/wool tights. I also intend to get my hair cut tomorrow. In my defence I think I am feeling a bit shabby again and I want to raise my game a bit.

Just writing that I realise if I had a 'pot' for appearance I wouldn't need to feel guilty and I doubt I would be overspent in this pot either...

In MSE balancing of spends I am doing my own eyebrows tonight. I also discovered I have a £60 claim that will pay for my dental hygienist appointment in a few week’s time. :money:

Tomorrow’s focus will be creative work, decluttering and cleaning…;)

I hope everyone is okay :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    A pot for appearance would be an excellent idea.

Creative work is hard because you need to feel in the right frame of mind. I hope you feel creative tomorrow :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hairdressers is in my monthly budget and I have a small amount of personal spends on top. I give myself a quarterly clothes allowance too. It is nice having guilt free spends
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport