🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Hope you get a good deal on the windows and it gets sorted . I hate that when you get a slimy company rep . Same as anything I suppose when essential jobs have to be done and you have to step into the unknown .
    You're still plodding along nicely and getting thing done , which is another step in the right direction .
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You sound like you're making progress on tasks.

Are you neighbours annoying you because you are home more now, or have they always been annoying?

I hope you got the application done.
    Thanks HHOD :) I think I am a bit down so more easily annoyed. I worked from home a great deal so I am used to being here, albeit in a different way.
    LOL at the duvet... I need new pillows...

Hope you got your application done...
    Thanks SH :) I know the duvet is a ridiculous situation :o
    Hope you get a good deal on the windows and it gets sorted . I hate that when you get a slimy company rep . Same as anything I suppose when essential jobs have to be done and you have to step into the unknown .
    You're still plodding along nicely and getting thing done , which is another step in the right direction .
    Thanks AC :) It will be great if I can have the windows in before the year ends.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am feeling tired and still a bit low. I think it is partly because I am not yet in a structure. My holiday is over but I have not begun my creative work routine yet. But I’m okay. I just think the reality of my situation is beginning to dawn on me. The weather might be contributing too. Wet and dark. I have noticed that across other diaries the general mood is low too.

I am going to reintroduce frogs to my daily waffling, to give myself some focus.

I have lots to look forward to such as a theatre trip on Saturday and Scotland next week. :D

I am pretty sure my iron levels have plummeted again. All the signs are there such sleeping eight hours at night but falling asleep sitting up during the day! I have restarted taking iron again. I rarely eat red meat but I bought some organic beef today and I will make a huge chilli con carne tomorrow

I walked to return an item to MnS. I was tired but still managed to walk 1.5 miles (and feel better for it) Got the bus back. :)

Bought a bamboo cup. I have a stainless steel one but it is too big and too heavy for everyday use. This one is small and light and just £3 in TK. If I use the cup I get discounts, so it is worth remembering to use it. I bought some underwear at 70% off and some B1rkenst0ck shoes (almost boots really) and beyond cute. They were reduced from £93 to £28 in TK. :money: Pleased with my purchases today (Except for the crisps and chocolate…I know. Sshhh)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you are feeling a bit brighter soon. I think the weather is definitely making a difference.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    At least the walk would mitigate against the chocolate and crisps
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Slept poorly (due to squirrel-gate) :mad:
    Mood still going down…

I pushed myself to go to pick up my duvet from the dry cleaners. (Barely half a mile walked today) It was not ready despite being told it would be ready today. Sigh. I put the spare duvet in too as it was cluttering up my hallway. Dry cleaning duvets is expensive. :eek: Next year my goal is to get a washing line up, find a laundrette with a large tub and do it myself!

I made a GP appointment. The nearest with my GP is the end of November. :eek: I have another appointment on Friday with the nurse to get my iron levels checked.

I used the only rain-free day for ages to wash and dry 2 loads of washing. :T

A fair amount of cleaning/decluttering done and a chilli made.:T

Iron and probiotics taken (making this a priority now).:T

Have a relaxing evening all :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    November~~ that is dire.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So sorry to hear about you feeling down at the moment DIA.
    I missed the part about the squirrels . Can you refresh my memory ?
    I had squirrels in my loft in my last place .

Regarding the iron , is it an idea to get a jar of multivitamins for a month ?
    I used to get sanatogen with iron .( different from the normal ones)
    Something to consider while you have a wait to see your doctor .

Don't forget that what you are going through will eventually pass, and that you've done a great amount of stuff in a short time .
    Not a bad idea and step back and have a day off if things seem too much.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks AC :)

I have squirrels in my loft. I've had them before and they are back. I will call pest control today as I have been in denial for a few days but time for action now. (I remember your squirrels from your old diary where I used to lurk)

Yes, I have a supply of iron to take until I see the GP

Re mood, it isn't too bad but I like to keep an eye on it. I have a day of fun on Saturday so I can step back then :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 3 October 2019 at 9:47AM
    Options
    Woke less 'out of sorts' and my mood has stabilised. My strategy is to ignore it and get in a walk, eat well and don't push myself too much.

I have a chicken carcass on for stock and veggies are saut!ed ready for a veg and black bean soup. This is the first soup I have made of the season. and looking forward to it :)

Squirrels woke me. I am stopping my denial and calling the squirrel man today. He never seems to catch them and they go of their own accord, but I feel I must do something :eek: I need to step up finding a builder to replace the fascias. I can't find a good recommendation for this and don't want to do such a big job using the C-a trade type system as I have had mixed results with them.

More or less on top of the housework. Well a bit less than more, but hey ho...

My 2 frogs today are:
    --call the squirrel man (edited to say done and he is coming tomorrow)
    --write to creative organisation about a future opportunity

I will be going for a walk later to my newly discovered good coffee shop. :)

Have a good day everyone

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business