What small DFW things will you do w/c 25th Feb?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 February 2019 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Nice to see La E back with us again, and congrats on the bump :heart2:
    BB, I hope your husband is well and back home again soon :(
    HK, am I right in assuming that the treatment is now being funded? I do hope so, and that you very soon feel the benefit.
    CLF, condolences on the loss of your friend / acquaintance.

Went to hospital for my tests yesterday, now got to wait for the results, it may be something serious that needs surgery and perhaps other treatment too, or it may just be a nuisance. I am assuming the latter unless informed otherwise!
    Looked after baby GS this morning for an hour or so, took him for a long walk as lifting / carrying him about, which is the alternative, is not allowed atm. I hoped he would doze off in his pushchair but he didn't, despite making the going to sleep type noises all the way round! He has a nasty cough and cold again, poor little mite.
    Before he arrived I made a large batch of stilton and walnut scones, to use up walnuts left over from Christmas (I had cracked and frozen them). Some of the scones are now in the freezer. Took out a few blueberry muffins while I was at it, and am now enjoying one with a cup of camomile tea :):)
    2 loads of washing done, and one is already dried, folded and put away in the airing cupboard. Quite a few items in the second load will need ironing unfortunately :eek:
    Spent most of the afternoon sorting out my seed tin, sowing some broad beans, land cress, and using up out of date pea seeds for pea shoots. Watered everything that needed it - it is so dry everywhere, not how it should be in February, which my grandfather used to call 'fill dyke' month, meaning it was expected to rain a lot and fill the ditches on the farm. Sad to hear of the moorland fires further North :(
    OH cooked a ham hock this morning, so we will have some of that with baked potatoes and salad for dinner :)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Went to hospital for my tests yesterday, now got to wait for the results, it may be something serious that needs surgery and perhaps other treatment too, or it may just be a nuisance. I am assuming the latter unless informed otherwise!

Fingers crossed! Not sure what you are being tested for, but my mil had some funny symptoms a couple of years ago. Initial concerns were ovarian cancer, but it actually turned out to be a very large benign ovarian cyst. It did require a major op but everything afterwards was simple and just recovery. Hopefully yours will be something even simpler xx
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Fingers crossed for good test results Dawn, and BB I really hope your hubby is on the mend soon.
    Nothing to report today - another busy day and a nsd as I have literally no money left at all. Thankfully it's payday tomorrow, so I'll have money in the bank for about 3 days before I'm skint again.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Ziggy Thank you for keeping an eye on last weeks thread, welcoming new posters and redirecting them to the current thread :A

PurpleFairy Thank you. I did manage to get some sleep, It took me awhile to get to sleep and then I've woken early but at least there was a block of sleep in the middle, which generally works better for me than having my sleep broken into smaller sessions.

Deni looks like both you and the volunteer are doing well off the exchange :)

Dd brought me breakfast in bed this morning :T porridge and a pot of tea. Great opportunity to spend a bit of time together.

OH has been discharged and is now home :j

My parents stepped up and took over the house and children again. I am very grateful for this and allowing me to devote most of my energies to OH.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Fingers crossed for good results Dawn.

Bb, glad to hear that your dh is home again
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Emzmom88
    Options
    Evening all,

I have been busy getting better /running around constantly as oh is decorating dds bedroom (i hate the mess) so weve had an expensive fee days the new bed will be here next week...i got moaned at because i should have ordered it yesterday that was until we realised it had been reduced by a further £60 today :D so i am one very pleased lady!! And obviously it was all part of my plan :rotfl:

Anyway bb hope your oh gets better soon!! Along with everyone else
    Carrie your comment earlier in the week made me smile i actually asked my friend once coz she didnt feel well and she was adamant she wasnt 1 week later she found out....3 years later i am still blamed for that baby not her and her husband its my fault :eek: :rotfl: although every so often i ask her just for the fun of it now :rotfl:

Ally glad your feel a lot better i think the sunshine helps my oh suffers with depression and anxiety but he can manage a bit easier in the summer i think its because we can go outdoors and just have some fun the 3 of us!!

Foxgloves i think its a lovely idea to do a garden for your mom so sweet and kind!! 💗💖

I joined sw last night and i was shocked at how much weight i put on so spent £18 on my way back on healthy alternatives and tbh we had nothing in,had a nsd today but need to order shopping online so after a bath i will quickly make my list!!
    Have spoke to oh about going on holiday with his parents next year to isle of wight he has family there and its a big birthday for his dad so i was thinking maybe as his birthday present but i will get some prices and see.

Not much going on except decorating and work....i need my house back!!

Take care everyone xx
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you want to Stamp Out your Junk Mail?
    Every year the average British household receives 650 pieces of junk mail. The majority of junk mail we receive remains unopened or unread.
    Receiving junk mail is not only a nuisance, it is also a waste of valuable resources. If you are fed up of receiving junk mail and want to reduce the amount of waste paper that comes through your letterbox, help is at hand!

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/D2D-Opt-Out-Application-Form-2015.pdf
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: sending you love and best wishes Dawn hope you hear some good news soon. Glad hubby is home BB

My list for today:

Call a company and ask them why they have a) still not processed my refund and b) taken an additional random amount of my account today :mad:
    Get some chicken out to make curry for tea
    Make a cake
    Go for a run so I can eat some ^^ :rotfl:
    Got to new barginous sm that opens in our town this week as they have additional opening offers on. I need a few bits anyway so will be good to see what they have. Have list.
    Drink lots of water, have a headache
    Walk tonight with friend for a catch up and fresh air

Have a good day everyone Purps.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2019 at 11:22PM
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

BB - Glad to here the hubby is home

The sun is shining, today's plans

Check Bank & make PAD - Done
    plumber to solve problem with boiler (let's hope he turns up today)
    Ironing -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    Swagbucks -
    RM survey -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Bob, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read Book -

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Dawn I'm hoping it is just a nuisance and will resolve itself quickly.

HK I'm pleased you now have the funding in place. Any news on when treatment will commence?

OH has been up often throughout the night, due mainly to coughing.

Today's list:
    Make bread
    Make porridge
    Stick to meal plan, this should be easy as my Mum made tonight's dinner yesterday, it only needs putting in the oven :)
    Check bank accounts
    PAD
    Home educate children for free
    Update spending diary with today's spends, I'm planning on going out this evening with my Mum
    Turn lights and appliances off, when not in use
    Bill people for their share of last week's wholesale delivery
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income