Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• danielson81
    danielson81 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 October 2020 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Switched from Symbio to Neon Reef over a week ago to Aqua One, now had an email saying its being delayed for over a week.
    We are sending you an email with an update with your switch to Neon Reef.  Due to an industry issue on our end we have had a delay in switching your supply to Neon Reef which has just been identified and we wanted to notify you of this.  
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Switched from Symbio to Neon Reef over a week ago to Aqua One, now had an email saying its being delayed for over a week.
    We are sending you an email with an update with your switch to Neon Reef.  Due to an industry issue on our end we have had a delay in switching your supply to Neon Reef which has just been identified and we wanted to notify you of this.  
    oh joy.....
    i bet i'll get this as well as signed up a week ago too!
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would "industry issue" be related to Symbio owing a large amount of money?,or just coincidence?.Getting a bit concerned but as I chose a no exit variable tariff this time,just a hassle if their being wound up and SOLR palaver incoming.Anybody know how many customers Symbio have?.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 October 2020 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Looks like I might have escaped just in time. I transferred to NR on 1st October on their Aqua One tariff.and it all seems to have gone through.
    Symbio owe me £20 but I guess I might have to either wait a long time to get it back or write it off.

May I suggest that you get onto your on-line account and download and save as much info (meter readings, bills etc) as you can before they either fall off the twig or close down their web accounts - unless of you have been wise and have already been doing it in readiness for this eventuality.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Stratus
    Stratus Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just received my closing bill after leaving on the 6th October. All is in order and I owe them £10. Symbio should be commended for holding off generation of the October bill until the transfer had fully completed rather than estimating for the whole month and then having to refund.
    Good luck to all those left with them. I will keep checking in here for the entertainment. So much better to be in the audience rather than a participant.

• UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    .Anybody know how many customers Symbio have?.
    Difficult to say as they supply both domestic and non-domestic.

Based on industry data, it looks to be around 50k customers.
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    .Anybody know how many customers Symbio have?.
    Difficult to say as they supply both domestic and non-domestic.

Based on industry data, it looks to be around 50k customers.
    Thanks for that,didnt think it would be as many.If they fold what happens to business energy if their in credit?.Other than on here virtually nobody has ever heard of Symbio.
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    UnclaimedEnergy Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 October 2020 at 4:25PM
    Options
    The credit should be taken on by the new supplier who will honour the balances (The new supplier normally claims this back from the industry and is only taking on the immediate cash flow loss)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2020 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Shower of idiots.
    Sent them an e-mail on 12th querying what they were going to take as my closing payment as I owed them £9 ish and the e-mail said they were going to take the £41 fixed DD amount.  Nothing heard so I cancelled the DD and paid with card.  Have today received an e-mail stating they cannot reply to an e-mail that is not linked to the account in question.  There is only one e-mail account I use !
    Thank you for your email.
    We sincerely apologise for the delayed response.

However, we wish to inform you that we cannot properly resolve and/or reply to your query as this has been received from an email account which is not registered under this account. 

We would be more than happy to help should we have authority from the account holder that we can liaise with you or call us to go through the verification process.

• danielson81
    Options
    Had the Symbio switch email from them today, however they want a meter reading as well, isn't this the job of the new supplier? 

If indeed you are moving away, we request you to provide us with a meter reading along with the meter picture on the day of the switch. The meter picture is required to validate the final reading, that we receive from your new supplier. We will process the final bill as per the final meter reading we receive from your new supplier.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback