Forum Home» Energy

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 203

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 7:00PM in Energy
2.2K replies 123.8K views

Replies

• edited 28 October at 2:15PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 October at 2:15PM
    Totally handled by the new supplier, ignore them, I did and all went fine.  Can't fault the speed with which they issued the final bill and to a reading I only gave to the new supplier. Don't know if they would have been so fast if I was in credit though :o
  • edited 29 October at 4:57AM
    Streaky_BaconStreaky_Bacon Forumite
    537 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 29 October at 4:57AM
    I've started a switch away from Symbio and have also received the email requesting a meter read, which I will ignore and just give a reading to the new supplier as is standard practice.
    Although Symbio are a bit of a nightmare when it comes to billing, I have, to be fair, always found them quite responsive when I have emailed complaints to them.
    I have only decided to switch because I am somewhat spooked by the Ofgem final order, plus I am within the free switching window and I have a new supplier who is only slightly more expensive on a fixed and actually cheaper on a variable.
    I just really can't be doing with the extra hassle of a supplier going bust, but I do wish them well, because although the billing and overall management is poor, I do think they are fair and responsive, which I cannot say for many of the bigger companies I have dealt with.
    It would be a shame if they can actually pay their obligations but just haven't done so in a timely manner or properly engaged with the regulator, because this final order will certainly be losing them customers.
    As I have now initiated by switch, I would expect it to go through, even if Symbio do go bust.
  • edited 30 October at 3:05PM
    537 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 30 October at 3:05PM
    Ofgem have now issued the Final Order. The amount outstanding is just over £500,000 (to be paid no later than tomorrow).

• BigBlueSkyBigBlueSky Forumite
    267 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Ofgem have now issued the Final Order. The amount outstanding is just over £500,000 (to be paid no later than tomorrow).

This isn't looking good if they don't pay? - Although they might have already paid, I presume Ofgem wouldn't publish an article saying that?
  • StratusStratus Forumite
    222 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Interesting note in the press release:
    • Symbio Energy Limited has sought to challenge the final order in court. On 28 October, Mr Justice Knowles refused Symbio’s request for urgent injunctive relief. Ofgem considers that the enforcement action it is taking is reasonable, proportionate and lawful, and will defend that position vigorously.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • merchcon55merchcon55 Forumite
    173 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper

SEEMS NABUH OWES MUCH MORE THAN SYMBIO, LET ALONE RHE

Following the late payment deadline of October 31, Ofgem will publish a summary of suppliers' Renewables Obligation payments, late payments and any payments which remain outstanding.

The three suppliers and outstanding amounts are:

Total RO/ROS owed (excluding interest)FIT Year 10 Annual levelisation owed
    Nabuh Energy Ltd£2,683,631.70
    Robin Hood Energy Limited£12,057,879.42£33,945.51
    Symbio Energy Limited£506,308
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they are going bust then. What's the likelihood of me making it to 12th November when my 49 day period kicks in?
  • edited 31 October at 5:07PM
    537 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 31 October at 5:07PM
    Swipe said:
    Sounds like they are going bust then. What's the likelihood of me making it to 12th November when my 49 day period kicks in?
    Hi Swipe. It does look very likely that they will go bust.
    I am already in my switch window and have started a switch that will take 17 days to complete.
    All switches take at least 14 days because that is the cool-off period (no supplier is going to complete a switch before that, because you can always cancel it).
    So, if you start a switch now, the earliest that it would complete is 14th November, and probably a few days after that.
    The key date for exit fees is when the switch completes, not when you initiate it, so you would be safe to switch now, and avoid any SOLR pain.