We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The case worker etc was there. Everyone was there. I just don't think the person can keep a meeting on track or allow enough time for them. Although the Mum was late signing in we noticed when we signed in, by 20 minutes. So theoretically we shouldn't be later than 20 minutes.

Anyway it's done now and we cannot change that.

So this morning I am running late as I am coughing so much that I struggle to get up this morning.
    Not good as that means I am two hours behind my schedule.
    My tax credit has not arrived in my bank today, so lucky the social gave me some money yesterday. I hope that is a temporary glitch or it means that I will be having my claim revised.
    I have customers coming for collections, I have fittings and I have work to do.
    I need to move.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you get the tax credits sorted out.
    Boo to the coughing.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would find it very hard to deal with meetings being arranged/rearranged at short notice, running late etc. It is somehow suggesting that people's lives are not important :(

Mooloo, have you seen anyone about your cough? Might it be worth doing so before you go away?
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • hb2 wrote: »
    I would find it very hard to deal with meetings being arranged/rearranged at short notice, running late etc. It is somehow suggesting that people's lives are not important :(
    Maybe they had other more important cases to discuss it maybe as professionals were all together it was a convenient time maybe they had to make sure that everyone was up to speed on the twist and turns of the case or even god forbid a SW had been out on an emergency visit these people have better things to do than prolong their own working day or those of their clients as Mooloo says walk a mile in their shoes not many people wan't to do the job and from the scathing comments on here i can see why you never hear the good or the people helped just take a moment to think if you would want their job with the same constraints and life and death decisions and yes i do know what i am talking about
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo - one point has occurred to me ….the SW who was insisting that DS left your home immediately, and threatened you with the removal of DGD: does he have contact with the childrens' mother? Could she be drip-feeding him/her? If this particular SW is not very experienced, s/he could possibly be manipulated by a clever (and I don't mean academically) person.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    hb2 wrote: »
    Maybe they had other more important cases to discuss it maybe as professionals were all together it was a convenient time maybe they had to make sure that everyone was up to speed on the twist and turns of the case or even god forbid a SW had been out on an emergency visit these people have better things to do than prolong their own working day or those of their clients as Mooloo says walk a mile in their shoes not many people wan't to do the job and from the scathing comments on here i can see why you never hear the good or the people helped just take a moment to think if you would want their job with the same constraints and life and death decisions and yes i do know what i am talking about

I did actually say they were all there though!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Mooloo - one point has occurred to me ….the SW who was insisting that DS left your home immediately, and threatened you with the removal of DGD: does he have contact with the childrens' mother? Could she be drip-feeding him/her? If this particular SW is not very experienced, s/he could possibly be manipulated by a clever (and I don't mean academically) person.

No, nothing devious, just a different teams view. Fostering team say Dad cannot live here and we're sending their report supposedly to Court the next day.
    However our worker supported her and her experience.
    But actually the boss is trying to go for a Child Care Order, which is different from full on fostering so hopefully it will be sorted. He is allowed at home but it would be better if I had a fourth bedroom. Unfortunately I can't Magic one of them up.

Got through to Tax Credits only to be told my case is with the Exxeptions team and they had shut 15 minutes earlier ( of my 18 minutes on hold). So no tax credit payment at all.
    Looks like it was a good job that social were able to give me some money yesterday then.
    I had to order Dgds school uniform, I hope that we get it in time as I am 3 days late with all the drama.
    I have had to put that on my credit card as I was supposed to have had help from the school with uniform but it never came through. So all fun and games.
    I have got some work to sew now. I have been trying to get to my sewing machine since 8.30 this morning.
    I have a fitting in 30 minutes and I don't feel like I have achieved anything yet I have been on the go all day!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I wonder if Tax Credits is linked to you claiming for the boys when someone else is already claiming for them?

They would have to investigate especially if you don't have Child Benefit in payment yet.....

Shame they cant just keep yours and DGDs money in payment while its looked at
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Call me a cynic, but a care order = no fostering allowance, so an easy way to stuff you financially again.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    No fostering allowance means Mooloo would claim Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits so the cost is on DWP and not local Social Services...…..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport