I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DS is currently living at Mooloo's - there is, apparently, no alternative at the moment - but it does mean that he can take some responsibility for looking after his children.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Isn't he a lucky boy to be getting a lie in in Mummy's bed!
    He does deserve it after a late night out.

Your sarcasm does you no favours. He had been working at a very busy club. He wasn't on a hot ride. But actually he didn't need to use my room, and he was up and thanked me for keeping my eye on the children and allowing him to sleep. He has work today 12-12 so again he will be busy there is a function on so he will be busy all evening.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    DS is currently living at Mooloo's - there is, apparently, no alternative at the moment - but it does mean that he can take some responsibility for looking after his children.

I may have to consider looking at the whole flow of the house to see what is best. My double bed will not fit in that room it is tiny. I don't fancy giving up my bed and having a single. I think I have given up, changed my life enough.
    I was fine about looking after them when he's been to work. Not so if he's not working or been on a jolly. That's not on.

I have had several collections, and a drop of. I have managed to pack the suitcases for tomorrow. The other Granny collected them for the first time and had them for three hours. Dgd went out to play with some friends, one used to be a neighbour and she moved away and has come to visit the other one, so I actually had about two hours of the house to myself. So I was able to pack, do a few loads of washing and sit down for a while.
    I am hoping that the children will be tired out t will not be long for bed.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • tooldle
    tooldle Posts: 1,540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »

There is always an alternative. Mooloo and the taxpayers both deserve better.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,698 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    tooldle wrote: »

Confused. What has it to do with the tax payers?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tooldle wrote: »

Well her son claims no benefits, so your tax payer nonsense means nothing. If your meaning something else say it.

Mooloo you enjoy your holiday. Hopefully your son will be okay with the boys and there's no drama. Enjoy yourself and recharge the batteries Xx.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Your sarcasm does you no favours. He had been working at a very busy club. He wasn't on a hot ride. But actually he didn't need to use my room, and he was up and thanked me for keeping my eye on the children and allowing him to sleep. He has work today 12-12 so again he will be busy there is a function on so he will be busy all evening.

You are absolutely right. It was a cheap shot on my part and totally uncalled for. I offer my apology, not looking for absolution.
    I've spent the day feeling pretty sh*tty about it!

Just because I'm stressed about certain family issues is no reason for me to have taken it out on you. I think I've learned a lesson today Mooloo from your polite, restrained response.
    I am sorry.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well her son claims no benefits, so your tax payer nonsense means nothing. If your meaning something else say it.

Mooloo you enjoy your holiday. Hopefully your son will be okay with the boys and there's no drama. Enjoy yourself and recharge the batteries Xx.

The boys are going to Biggest
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    You are absolutely right. It was a cheap shot on my part and totally uncalled for. I offer my apology, not looking for absolution.
    I've spent the day feeling pretty sh*tty about it!

Just because I'm stressed about certain family issues is no reason for me to have taken it out on you. I think I've learned a lesson today Mooloo from your polite, restrained response.
    I am sorry.

Were all human. Life is rarely a bowl of cherries for a lot of people who find themselves here.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You have fun and relax Xx.

Hope your mum is feeling better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills