I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,632 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Artytarty ~~ sorry to hear that things are tough for you at the moment.
    Take care of you and keep plodding 😊
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Artytarty, your apology was very gracious. I'm sorry that you are also going through a tough time :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Babe1
    Babe1 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice one Beanie and hb2😊 - I'm with you in wishing Arty well.

Arty, I hope you too are able to get some time to yourself, and find a way through your Family problems. Thinking of you.
  • tooldle
    tooldle Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    For those who asked what this has to do with tax payers.
    The council won’t help as DS has run up a debt via the social housing property he had.
    DS has been provided with legal aid to fight for his children
    Social services have put hours and hours into this case over many many months. Foster care has already been provided.
    None of this is funded by magic money.
    I don’t know if he is currently claiming anything, but Mooloo is claiming for the boys and to top up her income. She has lost a lot of days of work to this situation.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone. Following my last post here on 1st August I was halfway through a reply on the os forum and the laptop gave up again. Needless to say I have been climbing the walls again.

I have been following some of the posts here when I could get on dds desktop but need to go back and catch up properly. No sign of Mooloo today so I assume she,dgd and mum are now on their break. I hope the journey went well and at some point you get to get some much needed rest among trips out etc Mooloo. I was wondering about your cough Mooloo and wondering if clearing the shop and moving stuff around at home could have disturbed dust and affected your chest. I'm not calling you a mucky madam but know myself if things are stored and not moved often they do attract dust.

I hope our friends here are ok and plodding on . Look after yourself Arty. You can't sort things if you don't practise self care. Hope your well beanie and the weather wasn't too bad in your neck of the woods. It's feeling very autumnal here and quite cool although the rain seems to have stopped now. I've been taking a hot water bottle to bed the last few nights. The joints have been flaring and sciatica too.

Well I have news.Three brown envelopes in a couple of weeks. Ist a claim form for dds support group esa. Then the health assessors pip report I'd waited ages for after phoning for a copy. You could have driven a fleet of double decker buses through it. I began to wonder if she'd sent someone elses report but there were things relating to dds medical history. She described her physical examination of dd which never happened and other things which weren't true.
    I began preparing for a MR before the decision makers letter arrived. Luckily that arrived 3 days later and she'd again awarded Enhanced for both DL and Mobility. She went against the assessors recomended points and had read the previous dla to pip paperwork.
    She said medical evidence and the complexity of dds health conditions meant her award would be until 2022 when she would then be looked at again. We're aware the forms will come out before that date but the ongoing stress from last Autumn is over for now.

Thanks to all here for your positive and kind support during the process. I'm proud to consider you my friends. ESA isn't such a worry. Hopefully this will be assessed in our county as the last one was. Still quite a journey but more straight forward and an area we know well. The form is much shorter and less complex than pip. At dds 2 weekly gp appointment last Friday we spoke about the ESA claim and Superdoc was going to do another full medical report as he did for previous claims. I'll pick that up this week and put it with the paperwork once I've made a copy .

Sleep tight all

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,632 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on your DD's PIP :) polly :)
    The weather here has been dire.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Thanks beanie. I can't describe the relief when I read the DMs letter. A huge load has lifted from us both, I don't think we realise how much these things rule our days until they are over. I have caught up on sleep after months of worrying and wondering.
    I've missed being online and was driving dd and her boyfriend nuts while I winged and whined abut the laptop. It's a lot better now but on it's last legs.

I don't want to go in debt . I've always paid off the cc in full so not about to give in now. My mum did her job well and left us with the fear of debt. Family techie suggested a Raspberry Pi for now. That sounded like a plan until I realised it needed a monitor, mouse and keyboard so not exactly portable. I use my laptop both upstairs and down and sometimes in the garden. It has spent a lot of time over the years with the family techie as he sorts the latest problem . Maybe it's a cunning plan:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I've escaped that because I can't use smart phones or anything that needs swiping. The family laugh at my mobile and big button landline phone but the arthritic fingers mean I have no other choice.
    Take care of you too beanie. Keep plodding ( I think I only watched the first series of come dancing but evertime you say that I can hear keeeep dancing)
    pollyx.

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning!
    Well I am just going to bed.
    We arrived safely even though the turbulence was in evidence and the landing was bouncing off the tarmac .
    It was 10.40 before we got to the hotel. Some how I put the wrong streets address in the sat nav and I knew it was taking me the wrong way, so I had to wait until I recognised a place then I turned it off and trusted my memory and got us here.
    We have sat down at the pool bar and relaxed.

Arty, hope that things improve.
    Polly glad that the brown envelope brought good news.

Re Tax Payers money!
    I paid Tax exactly for the ability to ask for help if I needed it.
    I have put in a claim for the children but I haven't had anything, Mum is still claiming.
    I hope that everyone sees an improvement in their life soon.
    It's been a long day.
    Good night x
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Morning Mooloo good to hear you arrived safe and well. I fell asleep while trying to catch up on this months posts and have just woken up in the armchair still logged in. Bedtime for me too . Sleep well.
    pollyx

• hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, I'm glad you arrived safely, even if the journey was somewhat bumpy.

Polly, welcome 'home', I hope your laptop will hold up for a considerable time. Great news about dd's PIP, here's hoping the ESA award also goes the same way.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport