I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Today we swam with the dolphins.
    It was a strange experience. But certainly interesting and fun. I was pushed across the pool by two dolphins at mr feet while I help on to a bodyboard.
    Dgd got to hold on to two of them by the dorsal fin and swim across that way.
    Mum sat in the gallery and watched us.
    It's extremely hot so Mum is now sitting in the front room with the air conditioning on and a book with her trusty magnifying glass.
    I am about to have a read too and Dgd is in the pool with a few friends that she met yesterday.
    I haven't had any updates from home so I hope they have sorted it out themselves. Not that I can do anything from here anyway.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Time for bed.
    I am happily tired now.
    It was extremely hot today so we have been in the shade as much as possible. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Half the week gone already. Certainly better that Mum has a different room to me, even though I am sharing with Dgd.
    The apartment was a much better idea. We are eating out at lunchtime and having salads or a sandwich at night.
    Brought several of my evening outfits but we haven't bothered to go out. We can hear the entertainment from our balcony balcony and we just have our own drinks and food whenever we want, and the bonus is we have our own loo without having to queue in the public ones.
    I shall be sad to have to go home.
    But I have a new life to embrace when I get back.
    I have had several calls for work, so that is a relief that I will have plenty of jobs when I get home.
    Let's hope DS etc actually do get their acts together and clear the boxes etc I'd packed up and take them to my Mums garage.

Time for sleep.
    Night all x
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are having a good time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It is good to hear you say you are happy Mooloo. recently all of your energy has been taken up just getting through the day.

Maybe the family at home will have to have sorted things out for themselves while you are away - one can but hope!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    DS been texting me. His Sister is making his life merry Hell. He's hardly getting any sleep and she is dictating to him everything she needs. ( I have seen a screen shot or two of her messages to him and I am very disappointed in her. DS was sitting crying in the children's wend house this morning.
    Problem is if I contact her it would only make his life Even worse.
    I have told him to just try and deal with it until I get home. That it's not for ever and when I get home he won't have to dance to her tune or put up with her husbands snide remarks etc
    I will not come away and leave him alone with them dictating again.
    If I have to supervise etc I will wait until I can afford to take him and the children with me next time.
    I did realise that this could be the last holiday with Mum but I never thought it would be because Biggest is being a prize !!!!!.

My Mum said to me how come we both have one daughter who is a selfish mare?! Erm don't know because we are not like it.

I have finished reading the book I bought at the airport and taken my diary out. Seems a long time since I wrote my diary.
    The tax credits have come back to me and I had a payment yesterday. Not sure what the payments are but it's less than I got for just Dgd so not sure how that works and I am still not in receipt of the child benefits.
    Time will tell.
    I have had plenty of calls and messages on the work number so I am hopefully going to still be working when I get home.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a real shame Mooloo, the only defence I can think of is that she is upset by the stress his choices have put on you?
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mooloo, I'd also get Biggest's side of it. DS has had a number of motivation issues of late. Also, DS is old enough not to be giving you rubbish to deal with on your hols!!!

But it's not your problem until you are back home!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2019 at 9:55PM
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    DS been texting me. His Sister is making his life merry Hell. He's hardly getting any sleep and she is dictating to him everything she needs. ( I have seen a screen shot or two of her messages to him and I am very disappointed in her. DS was sitting crying in the children's wend house this morning.
    Problem is if I contact her it would only make his life Even worse.
    I have told him to just try and deal with it until I get home. That it's not for ever and when I get home he won't have to dance to her tune or put up with her husbands snide remarks etc
    I will not come away and leave him alone with them dictating again.
    If I have to supervise etc I will wait until I can afford to take him and the children with me next time.
    I did realise that this could be the last holiday with Mum but I never thought it would be because Biggest is being a prize !!!!!.

My Mum said to me how come we both have one daughter who is a selfish mare?! Erm don't know because we are not like it.

I have finished reading the book I bought at the airport and taken my diary out. Seems a long time since I wrote my diary.
    The tax credits have come back to me and I had a payment yesterday. Not sure what the payments are but it's less than I got for just Dgd so not sure how that works and I am still not in receipt of the child benefits.
    Time will tell.
    I have had plenty of calls and messages on the work number so I am hopefully going to still be working when I get home.

Now Mooloo - just read what you wrote earlier - and think again - is it really fair? Your eldest daughter has, at times, been your only support, and you have relied upon her help, just as she has relied upon yours. Now, you are turning on her because your son - aged 28 -is crying in the childrens' Wendy House? She has probably told him some unembellished home truths - and that has hurt him. You are also being harsh on her OH commenting on his "snide remarks".

You have been giving him a pretty easy time making excuses for him, and feeling guilty for things that you shouldn't be feeling guilty about. I know I haven't given my problem son such an easy ride - I've been on his back 24/7!

Think long and hard before attacking your daughter - your mum's comment was that of an old, tired lady - and I can only go on what you have written over all the years, and my impression of your eldest - from what you have written - does not coincide with the term "selfish mare". I do hope you can settle this amicably - you'll get more help with the boys from her than you will EVER get from your DS - he is not, and it would appear, will never be mature enough to act as a parent :-(

This is harsh, I know.
  • Babe1
    Babe1 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo, it was smashing to read that you swam with Dolphins - I think DGD must have loved every minute! 😊

Also, that the apartment is meeting everyone's needs - makes a holiday so much easier.

I really do feel that DS should not be messaging you while you are on hiday - he may well have needed to "talk" but he should have "talked" to his GF or a mate, not his Mum.

Maybe as siblings, Biggest has been harsh on him; told him a few home truths, that he didn't wish to hear. Biggest and her Hubs have stepped into looking after the Boys, so you could still get away. Maybe he hasn't been helping out as he should, or something else has upset her.

I know from experience, it isn't easy on the partner - her Hubs could be fed up, taking it out on Biggest. There are a lot of dynamics here going on, and just "if" DS isn't doing what he said he would, than yes they are surely justified in telling him.

For him to cry to you 😏 - surely he is old enough to fight his own battles with his sister.

I agree with Thorsoak - please, please don't assume this is all down to Biggest. See what gets said a few days after you come home - she is bound to talk to you about it. Hear her out first.

Families eh! Drive you up the bloomin wall 🙄😊
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport