I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For all those quibbling about "taxpayers' money" - in this country we have a benefits system which is there for all of us in time of need, and as taxpayers we all pay in, but we can all claim if and when we need to. Mooloo pays tax - she has also paid business rates on her shop so let's not have snippy remarks, please!
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    For all those quibbling about "taxpayers' money" - in this country we have a benefits system which is there for all of us in time of need, and as taxpayers we all pay in, but we can all claim if and when we need to. Mooloo pays tax - she has also paid business rates on her shop so let's not have snippy remarks, please!

She should not have been paying business rates. A business of that size would be far under the threshold for small business rate relief, so if she was paying it would be a good idea to see if that is something which can be backdated.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I don't want to go in debt . I've always paid off the cc in full so not about to give in now. My mum did her job well and left us with the fear of debt. Family techie suggested a Raspberry Pi for now. That sounded like a plan until I realised it needed a monitor, mouse and keyboard so not exactly portable. I use my laptop both upstairs and down and sometimes in the garden. It has spent a lot of time over the years with the family techie as he sorts the latest problem . Maybe it's a cunning plan:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I've escaped that because I can't use smart phones or anything that needs swiping. The family laugh at my mobile and big button landline phone but the arthritic fingers mean I have no other choice.
    Take care of you too beanie. Keep plodding ( I think I only watched the first series of come dancing but evertime you say that I can hear keeeep dancing)
    pollyx.

Could this be worth looking at:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-stream-11-ak0500sa-11-6-intel-celeron-laptop-32-gb-emmc-pink-10189380-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=4d7eb93e-055f-499d-8ee5-1cdcc50d67d1&istItemId=wmwqtrqwm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~1011%20(PLA)%20WINDOWS%20LAPTOPS%20&%20CONVERTIBLES%20-%20Summer%20Mega%20Deals%202019~1011%20(PLA)%20WINDOWS%20LAPTOPS%20&%20CONVERTIBLES%20-%20Summer%20Mega%20Deals%202019%20ad%20group~Exact&mc!!!!!gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700046554468096&tgtid=1011%20(PLA)%20WINDOWS%20LAPTOPS%20&%20CONVERTIBLES%20-%20Summer%20Mega%20Deals%202019&&gclid=CjwKCAjwkenqBRBgEiwA-bZVtkX1lJ8r65fVZOS8hAtDoKeau2g1ahf2eiYZmIBBN30InfkcBweD2BoCN3gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Is there a possibility you could start your own thread Pollyanna as it gets a bit disjointed with your issues and Mooloos on the same thread
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Is there a possibility you could start your own thread Pollyanna as it gets a bit disjointed with your issues and Mooloos on the same thread

Although this thread is mine as such, if Pollyanna is happy with the same friends etc then it doesn't worry me about her updates etc. Hopefully we're all a little community together here.
    Although if she does post a link to a thread she starts I will happily follow her journey.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re tax payers money, I'd rather it went to someone like Mooloo than the boys mother! I can't believe she has the brass neck to claim a penny! How is she not being done with benefit fraud?
  • Mooloo wrote: »
    Although this thread is mine as such, if Pollyanna is happy with the same friends etc then it doesn't worry me about her updates etc. Hopefully we're all a little community together here.
    Although if she does post a link to a thread she starts I will happily follow her journey.
    I hope you don't think i was being nasty its just they are very long posts that do not relate to the thread and now large links being put on makes it difficult to read from a phone . I would be happy to follow a thread by Pollyanna as a separate entity but it just makes thing quite confusing xx
    Keeping both feet on solid ground
  • berrybug
    berrybug Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you don't think i was being nasty its just they are very long posts that do not relate to the thread and now large links being put on makes it difficult to read from a phone . I would be happy to follow a thread by Pollyanna as a separate entity but it just makes thing quite confusing xx

It was vandanfc that posted the long link not Pollyanna 26
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

I'm not sure if you've followed Mooloo's journey over the years. I think thiis is year 11 thread. Discussions on here have ranged over many topics over the years. Central to all was Mooloo's wish to cope with challenging circumstances and make her money stretch as much as possible. So cheap healthy cooking from scratch, moneysaving ways, navigating the benefits system and lots about sewing and make do and mend etc. A year ago or so there was dv. I started that one too.

I feel at home here and am fond of many of those who post. I'm aware a number of them face those health assessments on a regular basis. Internet searches bring up many more negative outcomes than positive . The reason for that is people are more likely to report bad outcomes than good ones. I think positive reports give hope to others while negative ones are scary and worsen the worry. That's just my opinion however.
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you vandanfc for the link also *max* for your very helpful pms.

BTW I do have a thread on OS. It fluctuates from time to time due to the nature of the subject OS ways and Poor Health. Posters have come and gone over the years according to their cicumstances and a number are now coping with difficult times either as the ill person or carer. One person is both the very ill person and carer and has been off the radar for some time and I worry about her. She can't deal with pms so I think of her each evening when I light my lavender candle.

I was halfway through a post there when the laptop packed up at the beginning of the month.

For anyone interested there are loads of hints and tips near the start of the thread re cooking, cleaning , changing beds . shopping etc.

Anyway enough of my "issues"

I hope the sun is shining Mooloo and you're chilling out and winding down. Just be in the moment .
    pollyx.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport