Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2) - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
417 replies 31.9K views

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsMouse wrote: »
    Hi, new to the forums, and would like to join in please :)

Welcome MrsMouse - until I do the number shuffle at the end of the month, I've allocated you #122. Welcome to both the forum and the challenge. Keep us updated on your progress. If you'd like me to add a goal, please let me know ;)

ponypal wrote: »
    Deposited some money and now on £400/£1000 :) Hoping to put some more in when I finally get paid

Progress updated ponypal :D
    I have your target down as £3000 from post #8. If you'd like me to amend it to £1000 to work in bitesize chunks let me know ;)

You are making steady progress, keep up the good work.

Thank you Dobbi, I am happy to take #52 my 6 month EF would be £12,000, I think it may take me about 18 - 24 months to get there. Thank you
    Goal of £12000 added for you MummyRivett.

It doesn't matter how long it takes you. We are all here for the long run. Anything you add is a positive so keep up the good work.

Keep on keeping on guys.

Dobbi :D
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • MrsMouseMrsMouse Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Thank you Dobbi. Will have a think about the goal :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • EF challenger #10 paid in an extra £150, now at £1,570/£10,500

Many thanks
    -£99,152 net worth - scary figure - my diary out of debt!
    Total debt currently stands at £78,812.91
    Get out of debt 2019 #39 - target £26,429 - current = £2395 3-6 month EF challenge #10 - currently at £1,421/£10,500
  • MummyRivettMummyRivett Forumite
    385 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    today £60 to my EF to catch up saving £20 a week through 2019 challenge - this brings my total to £410 in my EF.
    (#8) Emergency Fund Thread £1,700.00 / £12,000
  • blue_mangoblue_mango Forumite
    483 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Pay day, woohoo!!

Added £60 to my EF so now the total is £456/£3,000.

Really hope I won't have to dip in it next month, have so so many expenses in Jan/Feb... Luckily managed to get some overtime which covered the cost of a new TV. It's taking me ages to get everything I need for my new home...probably because I'm being fussy. :D Can not wait for that first month when I do not need to purchase some kind of appliance or furniture!
  • Hello, may I join this challenge please? I really need to start saving.....
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    today £60 to my EF to catch up saving £20 a week through 2019 challenge - this brings my total to £410 in my EF.
    blue_mango wrote: »
    Pay day, woohoo!!

Added £60 to my EF so now the total is £456/£3,000.

Really hope I won't have to dip in it next month, have so so many expenses in Jan/Feb... Luckily managed to get some overtime which covered the cost of a new TV. It's taking me ages to get everything I need for my new home...probably because I'm being fussy. :D Can not wait for that first month when I do not need to purchase some kind of appliance or furniture!

Well done both - you are plodding on at a lovely pace. :D

Hello, may I join this challenge please? I really need to start saving.....

Welcome aboard MoneysaverNikki, of course you can join. :wave:

Let me know if you have a goal you're aiming for. I'm updating post #2 in a few weeks with all member details when I have a better idea of who is keeping their previous number. For the moment, you can be member #123, when I do the update and shuffle the numbers I'll see if I have a lower number for you.

We're a friendly bunch and will be cheering you on from the sidelines.

Dobbi ;)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • MummyRivettMummyRivett Forumite
    385 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I was invited to speak at an event and they gave me a gift of £50, it was such a lovely surprise. The cheque is going straight onto the Emergency Fund, taking me up to £460.
    (#8) Emergency Fund Thread £1,700.00 / £12,000
  • GlendaSugarbeanGlendaSugarbean Forumite
    689 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    #12 checking in :). Appliance replacement costs have meant slow progress on the EF, but as of today I'm at £275/£5000. All but £50 is in an account I can't access, so I need to make sure my other savings pots are topped up as well! I made that 5.5 % which is better than nowt.
  • skye_blueskye_blue Forumite
    203 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi No 29

£25 to add to my account please, first of the year but as January is such a long month I'm chuffed to find this

Keep warm everyone

Thanks for keeping us ticking over Dobbi