3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    MrsMouse wrote: »
    Hi, new to the forums, and would like to join in please :)

Welcome MrsMouse - until I do the number shuffle at the end of the month, I've allocated you #122. Welcome to both the forum and the challenge. Keep us updated on your progress. If you'd like me to add a goal, please let me know ;)

ponypal wrote: »
    Deposited some money and now on £400/£1000 :) Hoping to put some more in when I finally get paid

Progress updated ponypal :D
    I have your target down as £3000 from post #8. If you'd like me to amend it to £1000 to work in bitesize chunks let me know ;)

You are making steady progress, keep up the good work.

Thank you Dobbi, I am happy to take #52 my 6 month EF would be £12,000, I think it may take me about 18 - 24 months to get there. Thank you
    Goal of £12000 added for you MummyRivett.

It doesn't matter how long it takes you. We are all here for the long run. Anything you add is a positive so keep up the good work.

Keep on keeping on guys.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you Dobbi. Will have a think about the goal :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • EF challenger #10 paid in an extra £150, now at £1,570/£10,500

Many thanks
  • today £60 to my EF to catch up saving £20 a week through 2019 challenge - this brings my total to £410 in my EF.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Pay day, woohoo!!

Added £60 to my EF so now the total is £456/£3,000.

Really hope I won't have to dip in it next month, have so so many expenses in Jan/Feb... Luckily managed to get some overtime which covered the cost of a new TV. It's taking me ages to get everything I need for my new home...probably because I'm being fussy. :D Can not wait for that first month when I do not need to purchase some kind of appliance or furniture!
  • Hello, may I join this challenge please? I really need to start saving.....
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    today £60 to my EF to catch up saving £20 a week through 2019 challenge - this brings my total to £410 in my EF.
    blue_mango wrote: »
    Pay day, woohoo!!

Added £60 to my EF so now the total is £456/£3,000.

Really hope I won't have to dip in it next month, have so so many expenses in Jan/Feb... Luckily managed to get some overtime which covered the cost of a new TV. It's taking me ages to get everything I need for my new home...probably because I'm being fussy. :D Can not wait for that first month when I do not need to purchase some kind of appliance or furniture!

Well done both - you are plodding on at a lovely pace. :D

Hello, may I join this challenge please? I really need to start saving.....

Welcome aboard MoneysaverNikki, of course you can join. :wave:

Let me know if you have a goal you're aiming for. I'm updating post #2 in a few weeks with all member details when I have a better idea of who is keeping their previous number. For the moment, you can be member #123, when I do the update and shuffle the numbers I'll see if I have a lower number for you.

We're a friendly bunch and will be cheering you on from the sidelines.

Dobbi ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Yesterday I was invited to speak at an event and they gave me a gift of £50, it was such a lovely surprise. The cheque is going straight onto the Emergency Fund, taking me up to £460.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • #12 checking in :). Appliance replacement costs have meant slow progress on the EF, but as of today I'm at £275/£5000. All but £50 is in an account I can't access, so I need to make sure my other savings pots are topped up as well! I made that 5.5 % which is better than nowt.
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi No 29

£25 to add to my account please, first of the year but as January is such a long month I'm chuffed to find this

Keep warm everyone

Thanks for keeping us ticking over Dobbi
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport