3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    2Scratters wrote: »
    I need to do this. Find a little online savings account and dedicate it to this. I will start with 100.

Hi 2Scratters - welcome to the challenge. :hello:
    You are #17
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back from my few days away and have done the big number shuffle. :T

With so few moving over from the original challenge, I have changed almost everyone's number for a fresh start. (Please check post #2)

If anyone is not happy with their number, please let me know, it's not a problem to amend it.

For now, keep on keeping on :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Thank you Dobbi.

This morning I transferred the extra monies from my current account as I get paid this week, I left myself £100 but doubt if I'll spend it. My EF is now £700. slowly getting there :)
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • MummyRivett
    MummyRivett Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2019 at 10:20AM
    With so few moving over from the original challenge, I have changed almost everyone's number for a fresh start. (Please check post #2)

@Dobbibill
    I've just taken al look, you've even put the percentages in, that is fantastic thank you. I've updated my signature with my new number. I'm very grateful to you.

Have a great week everyone, keep saving :)
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Dobbibill
    @Dobbibill
    I've just taken al look, you've even put the percentages in, that is fantastic thank you. I've updated my signature with my new number. I'm very grateful to you.

Have a great week everyone, keep saving :)

Total updated for you. You are doing brilliantly ;)
    I do like to add the percentages in - many of us calculate it anyway as it's helps the focus so I thought adding it would be handy :D
    Keep up the good work.

• I set aside some time at the weekend to go over finances and had a lightbulb moment. I've been putting small amounts into little "pots" and therefore never get round to actually completing one. Just like my house renovation projects. Oh dear!!! So, I amalgamated everything I could and finished my main goal of having an immediate contingency fund of £1000 and then set up a monthly savers bank account (for one year) for the 3-6 month emergency fund. A small amount, but over time will add up. So my 3-6 sum is now at £35.00 please Dobbibill! :):):)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • Dobbibill
    MrsMouse wrote: »
    I set aside some time at the weekend to go over finances and had a lightbulb moment. I've been putting small amounts into little "pots" and therefore never get round to actually completing one. Just like my house renovation projects. Oh dear!!! So, I amalgamated everything I could and finished my main goal of having an immediate contingency fund of £1000 and then set up a monthly savers bank account (for one year) for the 3-6 month emergency fund. A small amount, but over time will add up. So my 3-6 sum is now at £35.00 please Dobbibill! :):):)

Well done on getting your £1k EF done.

£35 updated on post #2 for you now.

Keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D

• x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi all,

More D-roo wages into my EF - £54.83.

EF Total £297.58/£5000
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Dobbibill
    Hi all,

More D-roo wages into my EF - £54.83.

EF Total £297.58/£5000

It's coming along in leaps and bounds now.

Update done - you are almost at 6% :D so really nearly there!

Keep on keeping on x_raphael_xx

Dobbi :D

• Hi
    Can I join? I have just cleared our loan debt and used a good chunk of our savings to do so. I would like to get to £5000. Currently Mr Big Dreams and I are at £2145.
    Thank you
    Big Dreams
    Debt 0/6960 Dec 19
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family