Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2) - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
417 replies 31.9K views

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    2Scratters wrote: »
    I need to do this. Find a little online savings account and dedicate it to this. I will start with 100.

Hi 2Scratters - welcome to the challenge. :hello:
    You are #17
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back from my few days away and have done the big number shuffle. :T

With so few moving over from the original challenge, I have changed almost everyone's number for a fresh start. (Please check post #2)

If anyone is not happy with their number, please let me know, it's not a problem to amend it.

For now, keep on keeping on :D

Dobbi
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• MummyRivettMummyRivett Forumite
    385 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thank you Dobbi.

This morning I transferred the extra monies from my current account as I get paid this week, I left myself £100 but doubt if I'll spend it. My EF is now £700. slowly getting there :)
    (#8) Emergency Fund Thread £1,700.00 / £12,000
  • edited 3 February 2019 at 10:20AM
    MummyRivettMummyRivett Forumite
    385 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 3 February 2019 at 10:20AM
    With so few moving over from the original challenge, I have changed almost everyone's number for a fresh start. (Please check post #2)

@Dobbibill
    I've just taken al look, you've even put the percentages in, that is fantastic thank you. I've updated my signature with my new number. I'm very grateful to you.

Have a great week everyone, keep saving :)
    (#8) Emergency Fund Thread £1,700.00 / £12,000
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dobbibill
    I've just taken al look, you've even put the percentages in, that is fantastic thank you. I've updated my signature with my new number. I'm very grateful to you.

Have a great week everyone, keep saving :)

Total updated for you. You are doing brilliantly ;)
    I do like to add the percentages in - many of us calculate it anyway as it's helps the focus so I thought adding it would be handy :D
    Keep up the good work.

• MrsMouseMrsMouse Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I set aside some time at the weekend to go over finances and had a lightbulb moment. I've been putting small amounts into little "pots" and therefore never get round to actually completing one. Just like my house renovation projects. Oh dear!!! So, I amalgamated everything I could and finished my main goal of having an immediate contingency fund of £1000 and then set up a monthly savers bank account (for one year) for the 3-6 month emergency fund. A small amount, but over time will add up. So my 3-6 sum is now at £35.00 please Dobbibill! :):):)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsMouse wrote: »
    I set aside some time at the weekend to go over finances and had a lightbulb moment. I've been putting small amounts into little "pots" and therefore never get round to actually completing one. Just like my house renovation projects. Oh dear!!! So, I amalgamated everything I could and finished my main goal of having an immediate contingency fund of £1000 and then set up a monthly savers bank account (for one year) for the 3-6 month emergency fund. A small amount, but over time will add up. So my 3-6 sum is now at £35.00 please Dobbibill! :):):)

Well done on getting your £1k EF done.

£35 updated on post #2 for you now.

Keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D

• x_raphael_xxx_raphael_xx Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

More D-roo wages into my EF - £54.83.

EF Total £297.58/£5000
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Julys NSD's - 16/31 / EF Challenger #3 £4475 / £5000
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

More D-roo wages into my EF - £54.83.

EF Total £297.58/£5000

It's coming along in leaps and bounds now.

Update done - you are almost at 6% :D so really nearly there!

Keep on keeping on x_raphael_xx

Dobbi :D

• Hi
    Can I join? I have just cleared our loan debt and used a good chunk of our savings to do so. I would like to get to £5000. Currently Mr Big Dreams and I are at £2145.
    Thank you
    Big Dreams
    Debt 0/6960 Dec 19