We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    It's great that you had some emergency funds to use for the debts.

We'll look forward to you rejoining by/before June with a shiny new number.
    All the best with debt-busting Mooloo - you can do this ;)

Savings, pension fund that was cashed in, isa and everything I had was thrown at the debts.
    Debt was £13,040.72
    Debt today 3,827.17

One more savings pot left to transfer out £2265.72
    Leaving me £1,561.45 debt.
    I am hoping that I will pay it by end June. So I will get back to savings, etc all over again.
    The debts were not really mine, but my children needed help and I bailed them out. But they are unable to pay me back so I decided that the interest was stopped faster.
    Scary but I hope that I will get there.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Littlebigmoose
    Options
    Happy to be shuffled. Have used up all my EF. My target is £3000.
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,138 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy to be shuffled. Have used up all my EF. My target is £3000.

Target updated Littlebigmoose - thanks for being ready for the big shuffle ;)
    I look forward to the updates.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • muppets
    muppets Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can I be added please, will update my figures soon :D I was part of part 1, I don’t mind what number I have.
    PAYDBX 2020 - #01 Pd £15,029.29 / £13,140.66 - 114% 🎉

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
    Mortgage - PD 126,846.35/ 271,495.07 46.72%[ MF was Aug 2038 now Sept 2035 😲
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    muppets wrote: »
    Can I be added please, will update my figures soon :D I was part of part 1, I don’t mind what number I have.

Of course muppets - welcome to part 2 :D
    Number shuffle will be the end of the month, thank you for your flexibility. I'll look forward to the updated figures ;)
    Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• MummyRivett
    Options
    I've been looking for a thread on this subject, I'm now in a place to start saving six months salary into the emergency fund. I would love to join.

I'm currently on a no spend quarter, so hope to have quite a bit stashed away in the first three months.

I've got £350 saved so far.

Thank you
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Dobbibill
    edited 16 January 2019 at 10:19PM
    Options
    I've been looking for a thread on this subject, I'm now in a place to start saving six months salary into the emergency fund. I would love to join.

I'm currently on a no spend quarter, so hope to have quite a bit stashed away in the first three months.

I've got £350 saved so far.

Thank you

Welcome to the challenge MummyRivett. :hello:

As this thread was started 3 yrs ago, we are having a shuffle of the numbers at the end of the month to give everyone chance to retain their original (part1) number if they want to.

Take #52 and if you are happy to, I will see about shuffling down to a lower number in a few weeks if any become available. :D
    Well done on getting £350 already, you are definitely off to a great start.

ETA - Let me know if you have a goal in mind, we can update that too.

Dobbi ;)

• ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Deposited some money and now on £400/£1000 :) Hoping to put some more in when I finally get paid
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, new to the forums, and would like to join in please :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    Thank you Dobbi, I am happy to take #52 my 6 month EF would be £12,000, I think it may take me about 18 - 24 months to get there. Thank you
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business