We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,140 Ambassador
    Tenth Anniversary Cashback Cashier Home Insurance Hacker! I'm a Volunteer Ambassador
    £37.54 added to EF

£503.11/£5000

Hit the 10% ! :p

Woohoo - well done :j :j :j
    post #2 updated with a healthy 10.06%

now you're into double figures, there's no stopping you :T

Dave_Saver wrote: »
    Hi can I join, I'm on £115 of £6000

Thanks
    Of course you can join Dave Saver - the more, the merrier
    Welcome aboard
    you are number #20 and post #2 has been updated with your goal and your progress - you are almost at 2% already.

No. 12 here! Happy to report that thanks to a bonus coming in I've upped my EF to £1100/5400.
    Well done - that's fabulous progress. You really are going for it :j
    #2 updated :D

Huge well done to everyone
    keep on keeping on

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill
    Tenth Anniversary Cashback Cashier Home Insurance Hacker! I'm a Volunteer Ambassador
    Keeping myself accountable too - I've had to dip into mine for an overstretched garden project. It's only a temporary thing, so borrowing from myself for a couple of weeks to make sure I have enough at the ready.

post #2 updated with my dipped total now standing at £5450.00 aka 90.83%.

I will be taking my own advice and keep on keeping on.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just made a payment to the savings account and am now at £1500.

Thanks Dobbi!
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! First Post Photogenic
    just made a £50 top up to the account... might put it on pause for a few months, thanks Dobbi!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Dobbibill
    post #2 updated.

Rosie75 sitting firmly on a solid 15%
    Ponypal hitting a third of your overall target at a brilliant 33.33%

keep on keeping on
    Dobbi :D

• katsoocam
    katsoocam Posts: 136 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper 100 Posts
    Hi Dobbibill, I would like to join if possible. I was in the challenge last year and got to my goal of £15000 (this is 6 months for us - big mortgage!). However now we have a small rugrat and so her expenses need to be factored in - childcare and swimming lessons are the main ones - so I would love to go back on the list with a new target of £22800. Thank you!
  • Dobbibill
    katsoocam wrote: »
    Hi Dobbibill, I would like to join if possible. I was in the challenge last year and got to my goal of £15000 (this is 6 months for us - big mortgage!). However now we have a small rugrat and so her expenses need to be factored in - childcare and swimming lessons are the main ones - so I would love to go back on the list with a new target of £22800. Thank you!

Hi katsoocam - welcome back :hello:

Of course you can join. You did brilliantly last year to reach your goal and I'm sure you are just as focused again this year.

Congrats on the arrival of your rugrat too :D

New goal and progress added to post #2
    I'm sure you'll be smashing that goal in no time. ;)

Dobbi

• No. 22 here. £100 added to EF so it now stands at £1200/5400.
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all, Mrs Mouse checking in with a payment of £69.00 for this month please :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • Dobbibill
    post #2 updated.

Well done to everyone who is contiuing to add to their fund no matter how big or small.

Keep on keeping on.

Dobbi

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.