🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheapest Boiler Cover Discussion

Options

Comments

• Gerrard_8_lfc
    Options
    BG will cover all boilers as long as.

They are not oil fired.
    They are in good working order when taking out the policy.
    They are not electric boilers.
    They can still get access to parts.

Cheers

I work for BG Services.
    His Heart Proved He Was A Red
    Suarez, Suarez
    We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
    We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
    Fernando Torres = El Judas
  • whitelightning
    Options
    BG will cover all boilers as long as.

They are not oil fired.
    They are in good working order when taking out the policy.
    They are not electric boilers.
    They can still get access to parts.

Cheers

I work for BG Services.

Thanks for the detailed info Gerrard_8_lfc. Unfortunately the Gledhill Pulsacoils are electric boilers - no gas in flats.
  • ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    Bg list the pulacoil on their engineers laptops and also stock most of the parts in the national distribution centre so I'm thinking that somehow it must cover under some cover or other....just need to find out which one and how much.
  • whitelightning
    Options
    ollski wrote: »
    Bg list the pulacoil on their engineers laptops and also stock most of the parts in the national distribution centre so I'm thinking that somehow it must cover under some cover or other....just need to find out which one and how much.

Does anyone know which one? Thanks.
  • RenStar
    RenStar Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

we're having a new Worcester Bosch 27cdi fitted tomorrow by an approved WB installer. They tell me that the boiler comes with a 5 year warranty. We currently have a boiler and central heating cover with Eon which we pay £12 a month for and includes an annual inspection. Would anyone be able to advise as to whether it is still worth having the policy with Eon given we're getting the new boiler?

Thanks.
  • Martyn_H
    Martyn_H Posts: 481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @ Cardew

As one of the stalwarts of this forum, who are you insured with now, if anybody?
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    RenStar wrote: »
    Hi,

we're having a new Worcester Bosch 27cdi fitted tomorrow by an approved WB installer. They tell me that the boiler comes with a 5 year warranty. We currently have a boiler and central heating cover with Eon which we pay £12 a month for and includes an annual inspection. Would anyone be able to advise as to whether it is still worth having the policy with Eon given we're getting the new boiler?

Thanks.

Personally I would drop the eon cover and just get your installer to service it each year.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Martyn_H wrote: »
    @ Cardew

As one of the stalwarts of this forum, who are you insured with now, if anybody?

Nobody - I decided to 'self-insure'.

I was insured with BG for many years and had no complaints about the fitters.

However the 'premiums' became ever more expensive with dire warnings that spare parts were not available - followed by a call from their sales department!!
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I had British Gas cover in my old house and found it brilliant. Only downside was that if it was a non urgent call out it could take ages to get someone to come out. We moved last Christmas decided to save some money so cancelled the British Gas cover. No sooner had we moved in and our boiler went. Cost us £900 to fix so am now looking to go back to British Gas homecare. I would reccomend it.

Alison x
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • grintricha
    Options
    all round useless experience across the board

uswitch - could not get through on their helpline
    energyhelpline - rude staff on phone, and told me their boiler team weren't in until Monday and that they hadn't had the training yet
    homeserve - I wanted to clarify exactly what system scale damage was (as it's not covered), bloke said he didn't know and would put me through to gas team as they "might" (his words) know

useless, useless
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport