Comments

• ARK5
    ARK5 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rnickster wrote: »
    Just off the phone with them again.

Summary

"Apologies, we had an email from OneSelect administrators saying they will be contacting the remaining customers who have not received a final bill to inform them why they have not received a final bill. This will done by the 22nd March" (although the first time she said it she said 22nd April - maybe she slipped up)

This is all JUST TO GET A FINAL BILL, we ain't even talking about getting the bloody credit of that bill (if it is credit , which in my case I am certain it will be)

Total joke.

And a very unfunny joke.

So did you not have a final bill from OS as I did and Together are using that as an excuse for the delay?
  • ARK5
    ARK5 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had another conversation with Customer Services at Together about the refund of the credit balance on my account when I left OneSelect (November). They confirmed they can see the email exchanges (mostly my emails chasing) but cannot explain why I have not yet been refunded. All they will say is I should receive my refund within 28 days. So it sounds like we are starting from scratch. It's infuriating.

Has anyone actually made a complaint to Citizens Advice or whoever Ofgem direct you to? Is there any point?
  • rnickster
    rnickster Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    So did you not have a final bill from OS as I did and Together are using that as an excuse for the delay?

No final bill from OS. My last statement showed I was in credit for £160. Together are just saying they are waiting for the last remaining bills from OS administrators...which they have been saying since January.
  • fmurray
    Options
    I had a call from this number: 0141 3679603 yesterday evening. They said they were from OPOS debt collection agency chasing final payment for outstanding debt on a One Select utility bill. I was a customer with One Select who went bust in December 2018 and as we know, Together Energy took over the customers' accounts. The caller claimed to be chasing the debt on Together Energy's behalf, however I have not had a final bill for my One Select account from Together Energy ( in fact have had no correspondence of any sort from Together Energy since an email on 6 Jan 2019). A week ago (8 March) was told by Together Energy that that final bill would be issued by email on 18th of March which is next Monday. So I'm a little wary that this may not be a genuine OPOS number although OPOS are a debt collection agency that work for utility companies. It is possible this is a scam call taking advantage of the fact that they somehow have One Select customer details and know that there will be debt outstanding in many cases. As it happens, I'm pretty sure that my account is in credit and I'm probably owed money. As I haven't seen my final bill, I'm a little curious as to how this company (OPOS or otherwise) apparently have the information when I don't and when I call Together Energy they can't tell me the information either! In the 'OPOS' call we left it that the my account has been put on hold with no affect on my credit record while it all gets resolved but that I need to tell them when it is resolved and to do that they sent me an email (they already had my email address I did not give them that).. The email has a link in it to click to log into your OPOS account, though of course that link and that email may also not be genuine. At the moment there's a possibility this was a genuine OPOS call but I am wary, especially as other experiences found when searching for this phone number sound ropey!

[To complicate things even more, we had put in to transfer from One Select to Our Power when our contract finished on the 18 December 2018. Our Power took over our supply from 21 December.....and then went bust in January 2019 so I'm also dealing with winding up that account with yet another energy company (Utilita)!! So much for 'cheap' energy tariffs...]
  • emmac1
    emmac1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still waiting to hear from Together Energy. Have contacted them 4 times now, via email and nothing has happened. No attempt to set up a DD. No final bill either and the OneSelect website is out of action. I'm not chasing them, since by now, my £70 credit on the OneSelect account is long gone. Enjoying 'free' gas and electricity ............... at least for now ..............
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    emmac1 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear from Together Energy. Have contacted them 4 times now, via email and nothing has happened. No attempt to set up a DD. No final bill either and the OneSelect website is out of action. I'm not chasing them, since by now, my £70 credit on the OneSelect account is long gone. Enjoying 'free' gas and electricity ............... at least for now ..............

In almost exactly the same position - difference is I switched away on Feb.11th but by my calculations the One Select credit had long gone - I probably owe Together upwards of £150 - but if they don't want it........:rotfl:
  • rnickster
    Options
    I do get the distinct impression Together Energy Customer Reps are just being told to tell us that 'it will be resolved *insert date 2 - 4 weeks from now*' every time they get a call about 'where is my final bill, or where is my refund?'.

What can we do to escalate this?

Did people suggest complaining to OFGEM?

If I knew what I could do to escalate it then I will happily do so because it's getting ridiculous now.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,340 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I do get the distinct impression Together Energy Customer Reps are just being told to tell us that 'it will be resolved *insert date 2 - 4 weeks from now*' every time they get a call about 'where is my final bill, or where is my refund?'.
    If you have switched from Together to another supplier, then they have 6 weeks from the date they receive your opening readings from the new supplier to issue you with a final bill. If that time has elapsed (allow 1-2 weeks from the start date with the new supplier as it can take up to 10 working days to validate the reads), then you can make a formal complaint to TE.
    What can we do to escalate this?

Did people suggest complaining to OFGEM?

If I knew what I could do to escalate it then I will happily do so because it's getting ridiculous now.
    After 8 weeks of your formal complaint to TE (so a total of 16-18 weeks after switching away), you can refer your case to the Energy Ombudsman.

Of course not much point doing any of the above if you think you owe TE money - just enjoy the interest free credit until they finally get around to billing you.
  • rnickster
    Options
    So technically my switch was initiated BEFORE OS went bust......The below is my timeline (all by email). When info/metre reads were requested, I complied.

Last bill (not final) from One Select - 25/08/2018 - Shows I am £160 in CREDIT
    Switched to Green Energy Network & received welcome pack - 28/11/2018
    Notified by email about One Select going bust and TE taking over (first I had heard about it) - 15/12/2018
    Meter reads requested from TE - 16/12/2018
    Informed of my energy tariff with TE - 18/12/2018
    Welcome to TE email with below info - 06/01/2019
    • Your account will be fully transferred and set up with us by Tuesday 8th January 2019 meaning you can switch to another Together Energy tariff or switch to a new supplier, should you choose to do so.
    • We are working on your final balances from your time at OneSelect (up to 13 December 2018) and will be issuing these throughout January. We need to check them before we send them and hence why it cannot all just be done automatically.
    • If we have not sent you a final balance to 13 December 2018 by the end of January we will contact you to explain why and try to resolve any outstanding queries as quickly as possible.

Welcome all former OS customers email - 26/01/2019

The switch happened in January and went through fine. The Green Energy Network are my current supplier.

Since the end of Jan until about 2 weeks ago I've called TE about 3 times asking where my Final bill was, everytime I get told it will be emailed to me in about 2 weeks time.

When do you think I should look to escalate based on the above?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,340 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So technically my switch was initiated BEFORE OS went bust......The below is my timeline (all by email). When info/metre reads were requested, I complied.
    That's unfortunate.
    When do you think I should look to escalate based on the above?
    It seems Green Energy Network took over your supply before OS went bust, therefore you should have received your final bill in January. TE sent most people their final OS bill in mid-February and it is their responsibility to issue the bill and honour any credit due. You should make a formal complaint in writing to TE if you haven't already. You can take to the Energy Ombudsman 8 weeks thereafter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback