Oneselect ceased trading

Options

Comments

• merchcon55
    Options
    Received a call today from Together Energy Renewals (0141 280 8896). I simply advised that I was no longer with the company and had no interest to be with them. The call ended quickly after that.
  • michael1234
    michael1234 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    merchcon55 wrote: »
    Clearing out my spam folder - I found this from 15 Feb from Together:
    (I did not receive any earlier email they refer to in the 1st sentence)

Dear

We sent you an email a few days ago telling you to expect your final bill by Thursday 14 February 2019. We are writing to give you an update.

We have now sent out the majority of final bills for customers’ time with OneSelect but unfortunately, since OneSelect are in administration obtaining data and asking questions are just taking a little longer than we had expected.

You are one of the customers whose balance we are still working to finalise. There is no need to worry as we just wanted to let you know that we are close to having your bill ready. We hope to send you your final balance in the next few days. We will update you in a week’s time if we have not been able to finalise your bill before then.

We do apologise for this delay but we want to make sure that you only pay for the energy you used.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us on the following number 0333 150 1699 or by email at support@togetherenergy.co.uk.

Regards

The Together Team

I got the same email. Also in the spam tray. They owe me a few hundred quid and fortunately I managed to take a screenshot of my OneSelect last bill from their website before it closed down. It will be interesting to see if when the togetherenergy finally arrives if it matches the amount they owe me.

P.S. I'm all for efficiency driven by competition when it makes sense but at the end of the day there is only one gas pipe and one electricity cable entering my house. The "competition" is artificial and therefore even though they are hardly the most efficient of organisations the government should run it like they do the nhs.
  • merchcon55
    merchcon55 Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://www.dailyfx.com/natural-gas

This is a price chart for natural gas - under the "R" in chart is a D - next to D drop down menu - change to W (week).

This chart shows the spike in Gas prices - which was a factor - not the sole reason - but a big factor - in why several companies went bust.

As you can see the price of gas has come right back down to where it was before the spike.
  • emmac1
    emmac1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still nothing since the email on 15th Feb. My OS account was £70 in credit when they ceased trading, so I'm guessing I owe TE by now, as I cancelled the DD in December. Enjoying the 'free' gas and electricity right now, but not looking forward to being hit with a huge bill if/when TE get their act together. My patience is wearing thin and I'm tempted to initiate a switch now. Anyone have any recommendations? Currently, First Utility is looking good, as I my parents sent me a 'recommend a friend' link, so that's £50 extra :)
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    emmac1 wrote: »
    Still nothing since the email on 15th Feb. My OS account was £70 in credit when they ceased trading, so I'm guessing I owe TE by now, as I cancelled the DD in December. Enjoying the 'free' gas and electricity right now, but not looking forward to being hit with a huge bill if/when TE get their act together. My patience is wearing thin and I'm tempted to initiate a switch now. Anyone have any recommendations? Currently, First Utility is looking good, as I my parents sent me a 'recommend a friend' link, so that's £50 extra :)
    I completed my switch to a 2 year fix on EDF Simply Fixed Feb21 on 14th February. The only cheaper 18 month or greater fix is with Utility Point who dubiously are claimed to be £333 cheaper while every other supplier is more expensive. I'm betting that UP will be going bust in the next year:)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    emmac1 wrote: »

I got sick of going round in circles trying to get my DD changed, or at least get an up to date bill, so have cancelled this month DD. I expected to get a call from them asking for the money, but reading your post, I wont hold my breath.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so once we have received confirmation as to how much credit we have accumulated, when do we actually get a bill with the credit on it?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm owed about £100 by OneSelect as I was in credit. I didn't pay anything to Together Energy for the two months that I was their customer as I cancelled the direct debit they took out without my permission. I sent them about ten emails offering to pay what I owe but didn't receive a single reply. If they ever get round to billing me I will of course pay but I'm not expecting a bill any time soon.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,468 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For those fretting about owed credit, there is a simple solution:

1. Cancel your direct debit for Together Energy
    2. Wait until you have used sufficient energy to use up your OS credit and anything you've paid TE
    3. Switch to another supplier (start the switch ~3 weeks before you've used enough energy to cover your credit balance)

Problem solved. You'll end up with a small amount of credit to be refunded, or be billed for a small sum of money owed. How long TE take to do this will matter much less.
  • rnickster
    rnickster Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly in my instance, I initiated a switch just before they collapsed. So now they just have my money and need to send it back to me.

Update for me (minor):

They tried to call me last week and I couldn't answer. I tried calling back and got an automated message that they would try to call me again. No had anything since.

Will try calling them this week to chase.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback