Oneselect ceased trading

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspect that the phone call was as per post #192. An attempt by TE to persuade you to take up a 2 or 3 year deal. I've had a missed call from the number given. They don't seem to know that I've moved on.........
  • rnickster
    rnickster Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Update:

Called them and they said I am potentially 1 of the 1000 customers to not have had their final bill sent through from One Select to Together Energy.

They said if I haven't received a Final bill via email by Monday next week I should call them again.

More waiting.
  • Melaniep101
    Melaniep101 Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rnickster wrote: »
    Update:

Called them and they said I am potentially 1 of the 1000 customers to not have had their final bill sent through from One Select to Together Energy.

They said if I haven't received a Final bill via email by Monday next week I should call them again.

More waiting.

They've been telling me this since January. I've switched from them to another supplier, so I have gone down the priority list. They are very reluctant to repay the £700 credit I'm owed or provide me with any final bills.
  • ARK5
    ARK5 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else in the same position as me? I had switched supplier a few weeks before OneSelect folded and had received my final statement showing £130 in credit. Together have the final statement from OneSelect so they can't say they don't know how much is due back to me but I am still chasing for it. Last contact I had with Together was 6th February, when they said it was being actioned (I chased again last week). Just wondered if anyone else has had their refund, having given Together a copy of their closing statement from OneSelect as I did?
  • rnickster
    Options
    ARK5 - This is exactly my situation - and similar amount of credit! - I'm chasing them again today. Sounds like all Customer Service have a standard response to just bat people away.

I wonder what the legislation is on a company holding credit balances when you have no contract with them....
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a credit with one select of app £60 and have also made two payments of £102 to TE. I switched to PurePlanet end of January so still waiting the one select credit and also a credit from TE who should be paying the one select credit. I wait with baited breath.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    I have a credit with one select of app £60 and have also made two payments of £102 to TE. I switched to PurePlanet end of January so still waiting the one select credit and also a credit from TE who should be paying the one select credit. I wait with baited breath.

Fortunately I cancelled my DD to One Select as soon as I knew they had gone kaput.....and TE never attempted to set up a new DD....so my credit with OS was quickly used up early in the two months I was with TE. Wonder if they will get around to billing me BEFORE they go bust:rotfl:
  • rnickster
    Options
    Just off the phone with them again.

Summary

"Apologies, we had an email from OneSelect administrators saying they will be contacting the remaining customers who have not received a final bill to inform them why they have not received a final bill. This will done by the 22nd March" (although the first time she said it she said 22nd April - maybe she slipped up)

This is all JUST TO GET A FINAL BILL, we ain't even talking about getting the bloody credit of that bill (if it is credit , which in my case I am certain it will be)

Total joke.
  • rnickster
    Options
    Had a missed call (no message) from a 0151 number (Liverpool code?!)......One Select homepage suggests their Administrators are based at:

BDO LLP
    5 Temple Square
    Temple Street
    Liverpool
    L2 5RH

Annoying to have missed it.
  • ARK5
    ARK5 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rnickster wrote: »
    ARK5 - This is exactly my situation - and similar amount of credit! - I'm chasing them again today. Sounds like all Customer Service have a standard response to just bat people away.

I wonder what the legislation is on a company holding credit balances when you have no contract with them....

Thank you. Good to know. Do you call or write? I rang the first time, in January, and they said to email the accounts people, which I did, and when I emailed again to check they had received it, they sent the email saying I should get my refund shortly. Nothing more from them for a while though.

I, too, wonder how they get away with owing so much to former OS customers. I am also not terribly impressed with Ofgem, although I realise they can't be expected to deal with loads of people like us individually. They made an announcement when OS first collapsed in early December but that was it and they just say to contact Citizens Advice if there are problems or complaints. People will be put off by that so Together can get away with lengthy delays in repaying.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback