Nst november in new york

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    Options
    Morning all,

So today is a spend day, because of the fore mentioned Tesco delivery. I guess we do need to eat though :rotfl:
    I got up early(ish) again today and have been working out how much I can pay off my car at the end of the month now I know what hub has been paid (I always get the same), I think £500 :T we just need to keep plugging away at it, any amount, no matter how small. I have the same £50 in my budget & £30 for Beamish on Saturday, money for fuel etc.
    Tea last night was left over chicken from Sundays Roast with some free new potatoes I got from play group, veg and yorkshire puddings with gravy. A really cheap but lovely left overs meal. Eggs tonight as they are next on the list for making sure there is no waste.
    My boys easel has dried this morning and it is much better, I am really pleased with it. Boys love it too and It hasn't cost me a penny.
    I need to get cracking with some of my frogs but it is likely to be next week now.

I hope you all have a nice day :D
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wanna be Free - do you put bacon in sheperds pie? That's a first for me.

Thrifty - I never frown upon alcohol.

cross rabbit - I'm a litter picker too, it annoys me as I'm doing it though, I know a lady who collects bottles and cans whilst out running then recycles them at home, I take my hat off to her as running is hard enough as it is.

f0xh0les - I agree about the gift.

Ran last night and cycled in the wind this morning. Have got a wash in the machine and am about to go and make some bread, do some cleaning, then have a quick lunch whilst watching the glorious Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - heaven.

Will walk the dog this afternoon and probably call at Mums for 10 minutes and I need to get some milk and hot dog buns before the school run.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    NSD 11/15 AFD No 14

Investigated another freezer drawer today. Lots of fish, smoked salmon, Antipasti and cheese plus some mince pies (?) and an apple pie. Most of which is the result of Himself not being able to resist a food bargain. Oh well, means I don't have to buy mince pies or smoked salmon for Christmas.

Made some chicken broth for dinner tomorrow in an initial attempt to make a dent in the chicken mountain. Tonight's dinner is pork chops and some roast potatoes which I discovered the other day.

Another little extra job done.

I'm having an unexpected day out tomorrow. We have a couple of relatives home from Canada and my cousin and I are taking the little girl (she's 13) into town. Don't know exactly what cousin has planned but I suspect it will involve lunch of some kind.

So I'm sneaking upstairs now to try to wrap some of Himself's presents without him catching me, I hope.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

I have been on an all day training course from work about managing priorities, eating frogs etc. It was fab and good to refresh knowledge that was already there, but dormant.

So I got a free lunch, bagged a SFD but didn't manage to go to the gym.

Meal planning and food inventory tonight (if I can stay awake) or tomorrow morning.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSDs Now 5 NSD and 2 XSD. Small spend on YS items at Tesc0 when I went to PO (PO costs covered by RM)
    ORGANISE your time. - Mostly spent on paperwork - I will get this VAT return sorted tomorrow!
    VALUES (Want - If I get to 8K OPs I am starting my 2020 Florida fund early.) Started my Florida fund today:j:j (will make £8k OPs next month after tenant's rent received)
    ENJOY yourself.
    MAKE an inventory of food. Yes, done.
    BUDGETS Donated to homeless mission and foodbank. Keeping track of spends.
    EXERCISE
    RULES

IN case of emergency I STILL need to put details of my breakdown cover in car as backup. WIll also put another blanket in. Pledge to get this sorted in next few days :D - details now printed out and in car - just blanket to add :j
    NOW is the right time. Logged food and drink again today.

NO takeaways etc - None today.
    EVERYONEshould know dfd. Only debt is BTL mtge which we are OP-ing. EXTRA - still need to list a couple of bits on fb00k/ flebay - may start listing some when smalls are in bed. Sold 1 item on flebay today
    WINTER proof your home,-

YOU should cook from scratch. Yes
    OUTSIDE
    regularly - here :)
    KINDNESS costs nothing.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • plumduff55
    Options
    NSD - Still on 10/20.

ORGANISE - I arranged a Tesco delivery for tonight between 8 and 9. It's given me extra time to get some Christmas sewing done. I usually spend a full morning going from Aldi or Lidl then finishing off at Tesco. I had money off vouchers so will probably be no more expensive than buying most at Aldi/Lidl.

ENJOY - I had a lovely relaxing day sewing and finished two Christmas stockings while watching Christmas movies all day.

MAKE - Checked storecupboards when doing Tesco shopping list and was able to add some Christmas foodstuffs to my list - that will save me money in December.

EXERCISE - Half hour exercise to dvd completed this morning.

NOW - So so with the healthy eating.

NO - no takeaways today

YOU - I made tuna mayonnaise sandwich filling for lunch and had the the rest of the macaroni from last night for dinner today.

OUTSIDE - I wasn't outside today but it was horrible and wet so don't think I missed much.

REPORT - Here I am.

I won't settle now waiting for my Tesco delivery xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ORGANISE your time. I make good lists, but I do tend to ignore the same item for several days :o
    VALUES I need to see people twice a week. Doing that, with the walk on Monday and seeing a friend on Saturday. Plus a couple of nice phone conversations.
    ENJOY yourself.Felt very satisifed at the work on cutting back the hedges, even though it was so little in comparison to what's needed.
    BUDGETS Nope. I'm having trouble with re-focussing back on this.
    IN case of emergency took my phone out into the garden when I was working.
    NOW is the right time. The work in the garden ... got to get all the hedges sorted, so I can work on the actual garden and have as much light in there as possible.
    EVERYONEshould know dfd. Argh, still not doing my equivalent of sorting out my current net worth, and how to move money around.
    YOU should cook from scratch. Mmm, I heat things up rather than cook, but I don't buy convenience foods.
    OUTSIDE all that work in the garden!
    regularly - here :)
    KINDNESS costs nothing. Received kindness yesterday, lovely phone call. Standing ready to assist various family members with different trials and tribulations.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved - 8/20.
    Did some housework - washed clothes, dishes and tidy up.
    Went out to pick up parcel at sorting office.
    Used what I had in.
    Did no exercise today.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a successful 2nd trip out with pupils this week, for lovely colleagues, for getting some of the marking mountain done, for bothering to do some pesky admin, for doing some forward planning, for tinterweb, for sunshine, for dd staying to drama club, for dh's back improving.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 November 2018 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Sorry for lack of inspiration - double tomorrow, I promise. Just want to be a unicorn today (not for stabbing people with my horn).

Most of me isn't working today, slept until 2.30pm. Shuffled across to the library with 3 books, one due back today. Checked my account and nothing due back until next Tuesday. Had to sit down and hold onto lamp posts.

Brought the bin back. Put pizza boxes at the bottom and other stored bags on top, then added the 'squisher' (large chunk of wood soaked board to compress the mainly packaging rubbish).

Brought hot food back upstairs. Still swaying and creaky so will do things in here first (all thet work on the kitchen means here needs a sort) and I need to think about packing.

May have a bath first (went to library with a long skirt, boots and coat over my nightie - getting it done in your nightie is better than not getting it done). Long t-shirt type nightie with scottie dogs on.

Wrote this post hours ago but had not posted it. Have eaten nore hot food and did washing up whilst it was heating. Beef stew and veg curry need boxing up. Some tidying. DS2 brought remander of bed frame round,

Today I am grateful for yummy food, for lots of vegetables and an engrossing book.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport