Nst november in new york

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    Options
    Just a quick one tonight

I am on NSD #10. Hurrah.

Budgets still £49 , but a big shop arrives tomorrow so I'm not worried.

a lovely friend gave me a chalk board/easel for my 3 year old, I have just given it a good clean & used some left over chalk board paint to freshen it up :D Looks fab, I'm really chuffed with it.

My hubs pay slip arrived & hes been paid about an extra 200 quid more than I expected, of course this will all go towards the car. I really feel like were getting there. :money:

Literally crawling into bed now after a tough night with the littlies last night.night all :A
  • plumduff55
    Options
    NSD - Another NSD for me so that she me on 10/20 - half way there :j

ORGANISE - Trying to stick to my sewing timeatable. Nearly finished another Christmas stocking today. Should get it finished completely tomorrow morning.

ENJOY - Enjoyed a relatively quiet day today compared to my long, busy day yesterday.

MAKE - Made my shopping list out for an online Tesco shop. Don't usually do this but it was only £1 for delivery ( cheaper than the petrol cost) and it will save me the time and I can do more sewing.

EXERCISE - Went for my regular 3 mile Tuesday walk.

NOW - Trying.

NO - none today.

EXTRA - Still on to- do list. This should be my FROG ��.

YOU - Made macaroni cheese for dinner tonight to use up milk. I bought a 2L bottle for 28p yesterday but will need to use it up quickly.

OUTSIDE - Yes for my walk.

REPORT - Here

Happy I'm at 10 xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick check in tonight, no NSD, went to a prepaid spa day and bought tea and cake while I was there as a treat. Will check in properly tomorrow.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    lcc86 - I didn't realise how unsupportive our old mattress was until I replaced it, I should have done it a few years ago really especially as we couldn't turn over in it without using the headboard for leverage:eek:.

Half day today so I am having lunch then doing my online grocery shop, dog walking, ironing then out for the school run followed by a run after tea.

I think that might be half the problem, so if I get a new mattress I might as well bite the bullet and get a bigger bed frame too - in time of course!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • thriftylass
    Options
    dropping off feminine hygiene stuff to the foodback,.

Noticed some in our local food collection and think that is an excellent idea and often overlooked.

My hands will be sore tomorrow. Just zested and juiced 36 lemons to make 6 litres of limoncello to give as Xmas presents. I know alcohol is sometimes frowned upon, but I know the recipients and it will be enjoyed sensibly. Plus, they expect it now every year, lol
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    Options
    plumduff55 wrote: »

MAKE - Made my shopping list out for an online Tesco shop. Don't usually do this but it was only £1 for delivery ( cheaper than the petrol cost) and it will save me the time and I can do more sewing.

xx

The last few months I've been using Asda online orders (free pick up). I could probably save money on some items in Aldi etc. But by tweaking my order over a few days and not entering a shop with kids and DH it saves me loads more. Once I got my method of food inventory, meal planning etc perfected I'll go back to Aldi etc. Whatever works for you
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Welcome back to Blighty, Kerry Woman.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Morning all :)

7/15 NSDs for me, may even be another today. Also freed up some cash to make a small OP to the CC - it's gradually coming down so I'm pleased.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Coxy, hope your hubby gets good job news soon.
    Mothernerd, another bacon snipper with scissors here. Seemed logical from when I first made a Shepherd’s Pie.
    f0xh0les I think you definitely did thecright thing about the Roses.
    Toni’s friend, I laughed this morning at your OH going round the supermarket with his hands tied. Could become a new trend!

Yesterday I finally had another NSD, 2/15 and got a good walk outdoors at lunch and went to the gym after work. I’m tired but my halo is glowing! As a new turtle I am surprised at how easily I sneak small spends into my day. And the excuses I give myself are truly creative. Will hope for number 3 today.

I made an inventory of food in the freezer, for some reason that was a real frog for me too Maisie.

Kindness: not beating myself up for what has gone. Trying not to anyway! Made OH a sandwich this morning. Kind as I’m on a course today so free lunch provided.

Frogs to Do
    Ebay something
    Freegle two things
    Stop procrastinating on plans next week and just decide.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thrify and Plumpduff I currently have a free Tesco delivery savers trail until the end of the month and money off when I spend £40. i can't usually afford to shop at Tesco or get it delivered but I am loving it at the moment. It will be a sad day when my vouchers run out and I have to drag the babies around Aldi again, I say enjoy your sewing :D

f0xh0les I wouldn't have said anything either. I would just re gift them or give them to a food bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure