Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved today - 25/20.
    Washed the walls in 2 rooms in the flat. So I am counting that as my exercise.
    Done a list of what food and other things that I need to get/do.
    Going to have a chilled out afternoon and evening.

Thanks EE for running the thread.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    for getting our mortgage into the 19s, .

Whoop! :j:j:j Go the apple clan! :T

(ANd I also love tooting/ waving train drivers :D)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    Options
    mothernerd - just read your query. I'd advise taking meds in hand luggage not decanted into anything (unless liquids - and then larger bottles will need packing) so all tablets are in original packaging for identification. Liquids & creams (which includes deodorants, lipsticks, lipsalve, mascara, face cream) if being taken in hand luggage must be in bottles 100ml or less (so it's no good if you have a 200ml bottle half full) However, if you are checking luggage into the hold then larger bottles can be packed into hold luggage.
    ALL liquids/ creams being carried in hand luggage must all fit into 1 clear self-sealing bag, no more than 1 litre in size (the bag) Some airports (eg Heathrow) supply these bags free of charge. HAve seen other airports charge £1 for a bag! You can supply your own if it meets the requirements.
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • greent
    Options
    Back from a few days in Vienna - spent on all but was good :)

See you in Sept :)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another one just squeaking in with 15 nsds. Phew!

Thank you E_E for the challenge.

Today I am grateful for my alarm clock, for cheery work colleagues (yep, back to school today and no, don't live in Leics), for getting much stuff done, for uplifting chats with friends, for fresh rasps from the garden, for dd and dh not killing each other today, for dd doing 6 pages of her maths homework booklet, for a fresh start tomorrow, for the house sale money arriving in my account. :j
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge EE.

Think my result is 'could do better' but have been distracted as the wedding approaches. This time next week it will all be behind me and on my way home.

Today I am grateful for excellent films at film club (Some like it Hot this afternoon and 24 hour Party People this evening), the view of the square from the library toilet windows and for my reserved seat.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Budgets have taken a bit of a battering this month, just about balanced but did manage 17NSDs.
    Looking forward to September when I can get back into routine.
    Thank you E_E for running the challenge - off to sign up for next.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Hi all
    :j

The flowers for August are the Gladioli and the Poppy which represents beauty, strength, love, marriage and family

Checking in for the final time for August - thanks for running the challenge EE - much appreciated!!

Did some of the accounts - didn't appreciate that it would not be as 'easy' as DH predicted. However, don't have to send till Monday now, so pressure off as we are out tomorrow..

Many thanks FOxholes - those tips look really useful & I will definitely try to get to some of them, very grateful..

Aim – for 15 NSD’s now 14/15.

Update (Budgets) – will keep receipts of all spends since back in the UK, at least for another month. Nothing today but accumulating more receipts..still need to input to spreadsheet. Will try to do after this post (!). Err no.. might as well give up on this one & vow to actually do it next month! Will be all ready to do this for Sept..

Get (prepared for Xmas) – Wool arrived for gift I will be knitting - colours I think will suit my aunt, hopefully. Downloaded free pattern for it. Ordered some cards for birthday/Christmas that are topical for the celebrations, before I forget. Looked into ordering a cake for my uncles birthday also. Sadly one of the things I ordered for my uncle they don't have & have refunded me..any ideas for a gift for an 80 year old in not great health?? No progress here although the cards I ordered arrived, they are very good. Have made a start on knitted gift, seems odd not to be knitting socks tbh! Not sure of the colours but hopefully they are ones that aunt will appreciate more than I. Had to first wind the skein into a ball, couldn't be bothered to get out the contraption that winds into a cake, big mistake. Hey ho eventually I ended up with a ball not a tangled mess. Did a bit of this project today, did have to pull out some of it but think I have the hang of it now. Would be lovely to get the gifts done ahead of time, instead of frantically trying to finish on Christmas Eve..Did a few more rows of the pattern, think it will turn out OK but I don't like the colours myself (greens & browns). Got a book at the CS on Tuesday that will go with my friend's birthday/Christmas pile. Ordered something today for DD for Christmas/birthday - all within 3 days - although she might get it beforehand..

Utilise (free activities in your area) Looking for free activities at the weekend in Manchester as I shall have quite a few hours to kill as DH goes to a conference. Thanks to FOxholes will be taking advantage of the tips for free things to do tomorrow..ta muchly!

Share (money saving tips) – Already done.

Treat (yourself) – I would like everyone to budget £3 for a luxury item, have my cold infuse teas now, first one I tried was nice, second one not so keen. Am sipping my way through these. Still like them - although it is not so hot now, it helps with water intake. More bought in Tesco yesterday as they are now reduced. New one I tried was very nice.

See you all on the September thread!!

The challenge will run from 1st August 00:01 until 31st August 00:00.

Go turtles!!!!!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mothernerd wrote: »
    the view of the square from the library toilet windows and for my reserved seat.

I giggled at this mothernerd, as I imagined the toilet seat being your reserved seat! Sorry!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure