We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

new phone recommendations

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It can often still be cheaper to buy the phone outright and a SIM only contract, even if you have bought the phone on a credit card charging 19%. Do the maths.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    MRGANNET wrote: »
    I tried this a while back but my understanding was that apps could not be moved to the SD card which kind of made the whole thing pointless as they were using up the vast majority of the memory. I certainly couldn't find any way to move them across and from what I read online at the time, it wasn't possible.
    That's not entirely true, some apps can be moved to the SD card, though most cannot.

If you go to Settings>Apps, then select each app in turn, you'll see a 'Move to SD card' button. For most apps it's greyed out, but there are a few where it does work. My old E1 has a dozen apps that have been successfully moved to the SD card, including 'Photos', 'BBC Weather', 'BBC News' & 'Opera Mini'.

Don't expect it to make a huge difference though.
    Stompa
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    One problem I found on the LG K4 when moving apps to the SD card was that when they were automatically updated they were reinstalled on the internal memory :-(
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    One problem I found on the LG K4 when moving apps to the SD card was that when they were automatically updated they were reinstalled on the internal memory :-(
    I never allow apps to auto update!
    Stompa
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know if it's a feature of 8.1 but mine allows me to format the SD card as internal memory so it treats it all as one.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I fear that Aura went back to CPW instead of coming back here...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    I fear that Aura went back to CPW instead of coming back here...

Well at least they went armed with some useful price comparisons.
  • julianaray
    Options
    I am willing to have an android phone. I do not want to spend that much but want to get a decent phone with good display ram, rom etc. Now a days there are 2 brands are popular in the market which are Mi and Huawei. Which one you think will be good company? If you have better suggestion then help me by sharing your thoughts.
    The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    No one can help you without knowing your budget range as there are so many good phones on the market at all prices.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,080 Forumite
    Options
    there are 2 brands are popular in the market which are Mi and Huawei.

Most Huawei has 2 year warranty, don't know about Mi?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure