We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just checking in ... hope you are all well. Sounds like you've had a lovely birthday. All good wishes!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks both :)

Feeling rather delicate today and fed up with myself. My brother come over yesterday to watch the rugby with DH and ended up staying the night. DH went to bed early and we decided to start drinking and was up until 4am talking about anything and everything. But have felt so rough today and have been sick a few times. Haven't had a hangover like that for years and I hate that the DC saw me like it. Also ended up going on a 1 hour round trip to get a Mcdonalds dinner and milkshake, it helped immensely though but did cost £28 for 5 of us. Felt like a wasted day though.

DD back to school tomorrow, this half term has gone by so quickly.
    SPC 076
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's horrible feeling that hungover but at least you had a good bonding session with your brother. If you haven't had a heavy drinking session for a long time then it's easy to forget your limits.

I did that at a family wedding once, but luckily no one except DH realised how much I'd had to drink, and I've managed to be more careful since then :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Robin09
    Options
    Yes HHOD, we had a great laugh and didn't realise it had got so late. All fun and games until you wake up feeling like death :rotfl: I rarely drink so don't know why I thought it was a good idea to drink so much. Was lovely to have him over and to have a chat on our own though.

Feeling much brighter today, lovely weather again too. Have had time after work to get the house clean and tidy. Got to pick DD up a little early from school as it is her turn for a dentist appointment. DS has inset day and has his friend over again, did make them go for a walk to get some fresh air. Got the bedding out drying on the line :D

After quite a lot of spends last week, today's spend will just be DD's £1 for athletics.
    SPC 076
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ouch to the hangover...it does you good to have a blast like that now and again :D

Have a lovely afternoon xx
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks purplemum, hopefully I won't feel like that again for a long long time :o

The car went in for the MOT yesterday, which it failed. But DH did half day at work today and fixed what was needed and it passed the retest today :j:j with the cost of the MOT and parts he needed to buy it came to just over £100, could have been alot worse and the money was in the car pot to cover it :)

My nephew has been knocked off his bike :sad: the lady who did it said she didn't realise he was so close to the junction and pulled straight out into him and he ended up under her car. He has been checked over and apart from being battered and bruised he is fine :A he is gutted as he only just paid for his new bike about two weeks ago, but at least he's alive to be sad about the bike!

NSD's have seemed hard to come by the last couple of weeks, ordered some more birthday gifts for parties DD has been invited to in March and £1.25 on a eye mask to accompany DD's World book day costume idea. Tomorrow I am going to go get some Easter Eggs to put away for those I buy for.
    SPC 076
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Glad your nephew is ok. I bet he's gutted, but bikes can be replaced x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad your nephew is ok!

Good news about the MOT too x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks both, it could have been a whole lot worse. I could have cried when I saw how bashed up his helmet was, he hit the ground with such force. So thankful he is okay.

So another super spendy day :eek:

Used up the last of my weekly money on buying the Easter eggs that are on offer for 75p, then realised how far away Easter actually is. Going to drop them off at my mums after work tomorrow to avoid temptation :EasterBun

Then I booked DS's birthday present. One of his most favourite Broadway musicals is opening in London this year. Early access tickets got released today. I sat here for over 3 hours in an online queue, twice I got kicked out because my phone went into standby. Finally got in whilst stood at DD's school for pick up, had 15 minutes to book so had to grab her and run home. But I managed to book two tickets :j:j was over £100 for them, but I literally couldn't be happier because he is going to be over the moon. There was only £75 in the 'birthday pot' so will have to move some from another pot but it was worth the headache of staring at my screen all day.
    SPC 076
  • nomorecredit
    Options
    Hi Robin

Glad your nephew is ok what a worrying time for you all x

I am the same I buy easter eggs early but then have to store them at my mums so I don't eat them !

Well done on getting the tickets wow that is some perseverance very impressive think I would had given up after 5 mins.

Enjoy the rest of your evening
    NMC x
    House Savings - £28.83
    Emergency Savings - £105.19
    Christmas Savings 2020 - £300
    No spend days - 13/15
    Debt:: MBNA: £100/£2,653.25 NEXT: £199.00/£199.00 Paid 13/03/20 :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure