🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Robiun.

The catch up with your brother sounds totally worth the hangover, I love nights like that where you just chat away the hours and have a good giggle.

I'd call £100 to get the car MOT'd a total win. They can be so costly to pass.

Sorry to hear about your nephew being knocked off his bike, but as you say, he is so lucky as it could have been so much worse.

Take care
    SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you NMC. Glad I'm not the only one who has to hide the chocolate :D. I originally planned to spend an hour trying to get tickets but after that had passed, I couldn't bear to give up. Glad I stuck with it, as got pretty decent seats :)

Thanks Starmummy too :) Very lucky that DH knows what he's doing when it comes to cars, so just have to pay for parts and no labour costs. I did really enjoy the night catching up with my brother. He has a 2 year old and it's been a long time since we've have a chat, just the two of us.

My nephew is doing okay. The ladies insurance will be sorting him out with a new bike etc. He's still achy but doing good. My nephews have been a constant worry to me since they've been on the roads. Will be a wreck when it's DS's turn in a few years :eek:

Apart from work, not done much today. Need to get something to eat as my portion of curry got swiped when DS's friend turned up just as I was dishing it up.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    SPC 076
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad your nephew is okay and he's going to get a new bike, what a worry :eek::eek:. Fantastic that you managed to get DS's tickets :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thank you HHOD. I am so thrilled to get DS the tickets. He will be so suprised as he's mentioned to me that everyone has been saying how hard it was to get tickets, I pretended I had forgotten all about it :p

Had work today, don't usually do weekends but had Wednesday off so DH could sort the car out. Took DD on a long walk when I got back, there have been weather warnings but was beautiful out. It is torrential out there now though. DS has two friends 'sleeping' over tonight, was going to go buy them all some snack bits but they come prepared with their own, so even better :D
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Haven't checked in this week as I'm been feeling pretty rubbish, yet another chest infection. Getting by on very little sleep.

DD has been on the waiting list for swimming lessons and Beavers for a long time and it happens that a space has come up in both for her and she can start next week. Had to pay £21.25 for the first month of swimming, but don't have to pay for Beavers (£11pm) just yet. So have to squeeze those into the budget from now on. She is very excited. She also can swim for free in the holidays and use the kids club with her membership :)

Also had to spend another unbudgeted £40 this week. My most treasured possesion is my Grandad's folded military flag. He was American and was in the USAF and it got presented to my mum at his funeral. It takes pride of place on our dining room dresser. For years I have said I would like to get a flag case but they are costly. Well, I noticed the other day that right on one of the white stars was a blob of red poster paint :eek::eek: DD must have flicked her paint brush or something. Took it to my best friend who is amazing at that sort of thing, her patience was fantastic. Took her hours of dabbing and gently scrubbing and doing her thing and it looks like it never happened. Anyway, decided to look on Ebay for one and there was one for £50, had a voucher code so got it for £40 :j Can't wait for it to come.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    I also got to my first target in the Debt paydown pot. Our lowest debt is at around £80. I have been keeping track of what I've been putting in it and I have passed it. The next debt is around the £352 mark. Currently at £13/£352 for that one.
    SPC 076
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats lovely about the flag, and well done on your target
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news about the flag and the debt :T

Hope you are feeling better soon x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks mark88 and jwil. The flag case ended up not being any good, so have sent it back for a refund. DH finally ended up making me one though, and he's done an amazing job! Better than the one I had bought.

So, finally feeling better. I really needed a few days rest but it never happened so seemed to drag on longer than usual. Feeling 100% better just for getting some sleep.

DD has enjoyed her first swimming lesson and starts Beavers tonight. I thought her swim membership covered free swimming in the holidays but found it it is free at any time during public swim times. DS has also joined the gym, which I am happy about as it has given him something to do, he also gets free swimming included in the cost, which is £13 per month.

Payment to Stepchange has gone, bringing us into the sixteen thousand bracket. Also, did our review and put our payment up to £230 a month instead of £210, knocking 6 months off the original debt free date. DPD pot now at £50/£352 for the 2nd target debt.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better and well done for being in the £16ks and knocking 6 months off your DFD :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport