Well done on the 41% - fantastic.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks both, I was suprised it was that much. Seems neverending sometimes.

Had plans to go out yesterday but I woke during the night with the worst migraine I've had in a long long time. I then ended up spending the whole day in bed. DH took the kids out to visit his mum to get them out of the house.

Today turned out to be a big spend day. DD had a party, so spent some there on cups of tea, sure they make those places freezing so the parents want a warm drink :coffee: then popped to town as we were there, needed some new flannels. Spent £5.50 of my W/M. But then we booked our break away :o £218, paid in full so have plenty of time to save for spending money. It is not until October but nice to have something to look forward too :D
    SPC 076
  • nomorecredit
    Options
    Hey Robin

Hope you are feeling better, migraines are horrid x

You have done amazing clearing the debt and how lovely you have booked a break away yes it is nice to have something to look forward to, keeps us going.

Take care
    Best wishes
    NMC x
    House Savings - £28.83
    Emergency Savings - £105.19
    Christmas Savings 2020 - £300
    No spend days - 13/15
    Debt:: MBNA: £100/£2,653.25 NEXT: £199.00/£199.00 Paid 13/03/20 :)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thank you both, feeling much better :).

Met up with a friend after work, haven't seen her for a little while so was lovely to catch up. DD had athletics, so £1 spent there. I'm ready for bed but DS has a friend over who I said I would pop back home soon.

Monthly payment went out to SC, one more payment and our debt will begin with a 16, still a long way to go but alot better than the 29 it started with.
    SPC 076
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wow nearly half way. once you're there, you'll be on the homeward leg. Light at the end of the tunnel style
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks mark88man. Still feels such a long way to go, but I am happy that it's going down every month :)

Bit annoyed today as one of my back teeth snapped (I knew something would happen as soon as I booked that break away!) just happened that DS had an appointment after school for his 6 month check up. So tried to make an appointment to be told I've been taken off the NHS books as I cancelled 3 appointments, not in a row and I always gave them plenty of notice. They have said I can sign back up with them as a private patient. With how snotty the lady was today, if I have to go private it will not be with them. Will need to ring around tomorrow. DS's teeth are in perfect condition though, so happy with that.

Got back in time for DD's parents evening. Fab, but very much the same as I hear everytime. So pleased she's doing so well though and was lovely to look through her work books. DS has also been given another award at school for advanced mathematics, so very proud of them both :j

DS persuaded me to drive to the shops after the dentist to get some extra snacks for when his friends come over, so £6 spent today.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    A few busy days at work to get some extra bits done so I can have more time off in the half term :) was hoping for an early night but 'mums taxi' is still open until 10 :shocked:

Beautiful weather the last couple of days after some very frosty mornings. Hoping it is nice tomorrow so I can get out and wash the patio and sort the garden out again.

Sorted out the dentist, went back and spoke to another lady there. The reason behind my cancelling was on my medical notes so I did find it quite unfair they had kicked me off with no warning. They have agreed to let me back but won't see me until April, but I'm happy with that.

Had some lovely birthday gifts today, flowers and £40 off my boss, a voucher for 2 for lunch out off best friend plus my favourite carrot cake :p going to put the money towards some new tops, as I do need some new ones.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Rained most of the day so didn't get the garden sorted. But did sort the freezer out, a job that's been needing doing for a while.

DH and the DC spent the afternoon making birthday cake and then we watched Harry Potter. Shopping is being delivered tonight, instead of my normal Sunday slot as we are out for the day tomorrow.
    SPC 076
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Happy belated birthday...hope the weather is kind to you tomorrow for your day out.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family