Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How was the Zog trail? We are planning on doing it too.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks mark88man, very pleased with the monthly savings. Have been asking him to sort the tv/phone package out for months, but when we had renewal letters through for the others it prompted him to get it all done and dusted.

Jwil, the Zog trail was good. We didn't buy the activity pack so there was bits we couldn't do but DD was happy enough to read the boards and have a run around.

Yesterday was just spent at home, DD asked if we could go to fun splash at the local pool but DH was out helping his brother and the shopping being delivered clashed with the times, so will try and go next weekend as it has been a long while since we've been and they do enjoy it.

Have a week off work this week and I'm already bored. I have spent the morning cleaning and tidying the house and don't know what else to get on with. Need to think of some things to do as can't sit in the house all week doing nothing. Do have to look into getting DD some new school shoes, should have known it wouldn't be long until they were too small after getting her new running shoes. Sorted the drinks bottles out though, my sister had one DD could have and DH had a spare in his work bag for DS.

Athletics tonight so won't be a NSD.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my Mum's to help sort her wardrobe, she is definitely a hoarder when it comes to clothes! Cannot believe how much she had. We filled 3 big black bags full of stuff, some new with tags to try and sell, unsure where is best to do this.

Today, back to their house to do my dad's wardrobe. Another black bag full. It's all good quality and brands so will try and help make them some money back.

Potted £15 of my weekly money into the sealed pot and DPD pot over the last couple of days. Have spent today ordering the DC new coats and a pair of wellies and school shoes for DD. DH had sold some tools he no longer used from the garage and gave me £80 to go towards it. It came to just over £90 but DS's coat was in the sale from £140 down to £42! Had money in the clothes pot to cover the extra.
    SPC 076
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had some luck selling DD clothes on ebay, but it is hard work. I probably wouldn't try any of the more modern apps as the age group is wrong. maybe local facebook

alternatively depending on how much your parents need the money you could save yourselves a lot of time by donating to charity shop especially if they are as new
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    Options
    PS you should ask on the ebay board - they have loads of experience and may help you avoid costly mistakes
  • Robin09
    Options
    Last couple of days I have just been helping out at my parents and catching up with friends. No money spent, so happy with that. DH is working this weekend, so has the car but the DC are tired out so are happy to stay home today anyway, plus it's absolutely freezing out.

mark88man, yes they have decided to sort it out for the charity shops, my mum is unwell again lately and just doesn't need the hassle right now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    A nice surprise call off my brother early this morning to say they was travelling over. Met them at the woods for a walk, and to book GoApe, DD's birthday gift off them. Booked for next month, actually on my birthday but worked out well as they said they will bring cake :D

DD had a birthday party this afternoon, needed wrapping paper yet again so stopped off at the shop for that, had a present from the last party she was to unwell to attend. Saw a nice thermos food flask reduced from £12 to £4 so picked that up for DH. Tempted to wrap it for his birthday next weekend :rotfl:
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Have felt pretty rubbish this week. Had an allergic reaction to something which made me feel rotten and my face all red and sore. Have felt really fed up. I have always struggled with allergies and have very sensitive skin, I have not used anything new so I'm guessing one of the products have changed ingredients again, so trying to figure it out. Was back at work this week and it's totally wiped me out, have been asleep early most nights but still feel exhausted.

I am off out tomorrow night though, with my brothers and sisters. Every so often, we all like to meet up as it's rare we all see each other at the same time. So will be lovely to catch up with them all. One sister is celebrating booking her wedding (must start saving for this), the other celebrating her divorce :rotfl:

My mum is in hospital, she has been pretty bad lately and they thought it would be the best place for her. Have spoke to her everyday but will catch the train to see her on the weekend if she isn't home by then.

Off for a early night again.
    SPC 076
  • mark55man
    Options
    Good luck with the wedding - going down to my nieces tomorrow for a Sat wedding. I think it might be costly but they're a lovely couple so it'll be worth it
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your night out x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories