NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Apologies - have just edited original post to include the ever-important 'pay to your debts or savings first and live off the rest'

Will catch up later/ or more probably tomorrow - sorry :( xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Hope all is okay greent
    Today has been an nsd. I have kept busy and played my games. I also started reading Hunger Games again. I am going to finish this series and then move on to another.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tropically wrote: »
    Count me in too please! I didn't do so good with June, but have a good feeling about July.

July will be good because I am getting married to the love of my life! My family is coming to visit for a week! And I've handed in my notice at work so I no longer feel like a level 15 anxiety ball, I am back to level 8 or 9. I can only do the soft target, but I will try my best. I'm so much more of a 'little frequent spends' than a 'big spends' person but they add up.

:T:T:T Congratulations!!!:T:T:T
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    I also started reading Hunger Games again. I am going to finish this series and then move on to another.

Ooh, I nearly did that the other day. But then I realised that I knew how it ended and didn't start. Do you think they are worth a second read?
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Ooh, I nearly did that the other day. But then I realised that I knew how it ended and didn't start. Do you think they are worth a second read?
    I do. :) I read them ages and ages ago and really enjoyed them. I liked the ending.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • NSD No 2

This afternoon has been spent with the grandchildren making a surprise meal for their mother, she is a single parent and the boys will be off to their dad's tomorrow so she wont see them on her birthday. We have had presents,cards and cake which were bought on the weekend. Nothing expensive as the boys had a budget. We had a lovely afternoon and she was very surprised.

Off to pick red currants from the garden, went to pick some blueberries for breakfast this morning and the birds have eaten every single one. Happy birds.

Have a good evening all.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    apple muncher - Thank you. Trying to do as much positive the rest of the year. Started a bucket list.
    NSDs will be aiming for 20 this month. NSD 2/20 achieved today.
    Will be making donations this month to charity.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Have to get shampoo bar and woman's products this month.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into this.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Talked to a lady who I meet on the way to work about bucket lists.
    Not getting stressed at work.
    Leaving work at the time I should be leaving at 4.30pm.
    Getting home earlier than usual.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Walked to and from bus stop/work also walking around school doing errands.
    Unless - Will do.
    Lose - Shredded more paperwork and put it into the recycling bin. Still have more to do, so making progress.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi guys
    Time to check in for day 2
    I’ve paid a little bit more than the basic payment on my credit card and will add extra payments during the month if I can.
    2nd NSD done and all food out of the fridge and freezer. I’ve finished the last of the yoghurt off in overnight oats and scoffed the scrapings out of the tub.
    We went for a little ride out this morning and although I really really wanted to stop somewhere for tea and a cream scone we didn’t. Good on purse and waistline.
    Not much excercise today, just 5 minutes to post box. It was too hot to go far anyway.
    I’m grateful today for recorded programmes, Poldark is so good.
    Also for the bit of breeze that is keeping our flat comfortable.
    Have a good evening and keep well guys
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for a satisfying day at work, for some lovely pupils, for clearing more stuff out, for trying zcut power yoga #1 (yikes), for the paddling pool to lie in after the aforementioned yoga attempt, for dh cooking tea, for the wind, for a good book (not the hunger games...yet...)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Check in 2 / 31 :)

NSDs 0 / 15 - I count all spends, without exception. After all, if it is spent, it is no longer in my purse, in the bank or in the budget!
    Groceries, toiletries, cleaning supplies and pet supplies £4 / £250

Set my goals - will try for 13 NSDs. Budget for groceries, pet food and toiletries / cleaning supplies will be £250 again. I have other budgets of course, but this is the one where I can really make a difference! No NSDs yet. Bought more compost and a YS loaf today. Also, OH had a private chiropractic appointment, so more spends there :( On the bright side, he probably won't need to go again for 3 or 4 months.

Use things up - I am trying to run down my freezer stocks, but garden produce needing to be dealt with is rather mitigating against this :oI froze broad beans and mangetout today, little chance of emptying freezer atm! Picked lots of rocket and basil and decided to make pesto - but had no pine nuts. But I do have lots of almonds,so I googled and discovered that you can use almonds, or indeed most nuts, for pesto - so no expensive pine nuts bought, flaked almonds from freezer almost used up! I always keep packets of nuts in the freezer once opened, as they go rancid quickly if just kept in the cupboard. And they are too expensive to waste! I now have a big tub of pesto, some of which will be frozen in meal size packs :)

Revisit those January targets - We have both had health problems that have necessitated extra spending this year, and lots of expensive vehicle repairs, services etc. We have also had to help out a relative financially :( Looked at spreadsheet totals today - we are half way through the year, and sadly I am a lot more than half way through the budget :oAnd OH is having expensive dental work done this month. This will cost at least £500 :eek: No availability of NHS treatment here except for children and people on benefits.
    Vacation time - we don't have holidays as such, but we have an old camper van, and tend to go away in it for a few days at a time. This isn't very spendy (if the repair costs for the camper van this year are overlooked :eek:) as we take most of our food with us or buy as cheaply as possible once away, and don't do expensive activities whilst away, so costs tend to be limited to fuel and pitch fees. We have NT membership, and membership of a local-ish arboretum, must make sure we use these to the full, or decide to give them up!

Inspire others - will try!

Value for money. Always try to do this

E
    very day - I am here!

Jump - not much today as it is so hot. Will have to water the garden when it gets a bit cooler :)
    Unless budgetted for no takeaways - We rarely do this, and don't have a budget for it. Only exception might be fish and chips on the beach one night! Nothing here

Lose the excess - I have several ebay parcels to pack ready to post tomorrow.
    Yearly plans - I think my yearly plan will be to get through the rest of the year without depleting savings too much or going into debt :mad: :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure