Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ((((Toni's friend)))) so sorry to hear your news xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

So sorry Toni's friend - look after yourself too..

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....still 10/13 as went shopping today

Set your budgets not yet done

Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Lots of things sold on FB & are gradually leaving the house, money is accumulating which is also good. Still a WIP,,

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weight (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26. Have more to add, just need to total up. Still £134.12, less postage. Have more than £300 now although didn't list much today. Have to concentrate on clearing a bit as only a week till hols....:eek:

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Made some progress on clearing 1. the pantry, 2. the sunroom, 3. DH has actually ventured into DDs room & is on a mission to clear it...you can nearly see the carpet now!!

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. Went shopping in L*dl & used voucher from paper so £5 off.

Every Checking in 16/31

Gratitudes: Spaces appearing in rooms now, lilies coming into flower, visit from friend & a nice chat, good nights sleep.

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Out this evening still watering the blimmin garden.

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps
    keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £134.12 - more to come. Lost the pound I put on last week..more sales will update when I know the total. £300+ and lost another pound

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. List needs updating as some jobs done..

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Sorry about your news Toni'sfriend :(

Last day before payday for me and there is cash in my current account! All budgeted for something alas. It's been a mixed month, first month trying to budget properly.

Positives:
    Unexpected PPI cash which paid off a chunk of the CC
    Took lunches into work all month
    No takeaways
    Kept pretty much within budget (few quid over by today)
    Arranged my first mortgage OP to start next month (not much but it equates to shaving 18 months off the mortgage term)
    Bought annual entertainment passes via groupon and TCB - 17% off plus £12 cashback :T

Must do better:
    Still spending a lot on food - have reduced next month's grocery budget by £50
    Cash in my purse vanishes in no time - must stop taking out cash unless I really need it
    Only 9/13 NSDs so far in July
    No savings so far for Xmas or birthdays

So tomorrow is a new shiny budget - aim is to underspend in food and entertainment (tricky in the summer hols) and make the most of free stuff!
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys
    Haven’t checked in for a few days so here I am.
    Hugs Toni’sfriend and family
    I started my new job on Monday. It’s only part time but it’s knocked my routine to pot.
    Today’s my first day off but I’m doing a CS shift this morning and then SW later.
    The fridge and freezer are chocker block now and my cupboards are full. My aim is to keep well stocked up as well as being as frugal as possible.
    I need lettuce and bananas today so it won’t be a NSD but as I’m spending good money to lose weight I might as well do it properly.
    I haven’t had the time or energy to do much exercise this week but my new job is very energetic and I have been shattered after my shifts. I will soon get used to it I hope.
    Today I’m grateful for the sea view out of my window and the sunshine.
    Anyway better get on
    Have a good day guys
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your good wishes. I seem to be saying this constantly at the moment but I really do appreciate it.
    Today was a little spend. Two potatoes for baking to have with the second portion of chilli tonight (and a YS free range chicken).
    Took the shirts to the charity shop and tins of soup to the food bank. Still have lots of things for the charity shop which we'll take a little at a time and I'm hoping to go through the food cupboards next week. Oh and the wee ones found a big bag of stuffed toys that belonged to the Boy when he was little. The're cluttering up their mother's house instead of mine now!
    Tidied out some cupboards in the kitchen and managed to dispose of some (actually a lot of) things without himself finding out. Plans for some more tomorrow. - possibly the dreaded under the sink one.
    Budget wise things are going quite well. Still have most of the food budget left as we've been using things up and apart from Sunday lunch I don't think we'll have to buy much apart from veg and bread for the rest of the month. Weight wise - avoiding sugar and fat. Hopefully that'll help.
    Feeling a bit drained so I think a long shower, pot of tea, good book and early night are called for.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD 14/20 Was an NSD today.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still trying to using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences. Done 2 days out already.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into other ways to save for days out etc.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Getting home a lot earlier today.
    Will be getting an early night as I am really tired.
    One more day at work, then taking a well earned rest for a couple of months.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Only walked around the school doing errands.
    Unless - No need today.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to sort out items put aside to be recycled to cs and recycling centre.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....still 10/13 as went shopping today; plus second car had MOT so that was to pay for as well.

Set your budgets nope

Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Lots of things sold on FB & are gradually leaving the house, money is accumulating which is also good. More things sold today, although I didn't list any more. That's tomorrow..

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weight (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26. Have more to add, just need to total up. Still £134.12, less postage. Have more than £300 now although didn't list much today. Have to concentrate on clearing a bit as only a week till hols....Nearly £400 now, lots more to go but will have to start holiday prep before sales...boo..

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Made some progress on clearing 1. the pantry, 2. the sunroom, 3. DH has actually ventured into DDs room & is on a mission to clear it...you can nearly see the carpet now!! Brave DH was in there today & has done his best; I have just been in to clean up & vac the carpet. Got 'Bag Full' warning, I wonder why...

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. Went shopping first to Wilko where I used vouchers for all purchases so no spends, then M&S where I got some YS items.

Every Checking in 17/31

Gratitudes: Even more Ancient car passing its MOT with only the need of 2 tyres (which we knew already) - and 2 wiper blades....yaay; getting all we needed from the one visit to shops; house looking clearer by the minute; DH at last doing his share...

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Out this evening still watering the blimmin garden; need to factor in an hour a day before we go away..

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £134.12 - more to come. Lost the pound I put on last week..more sales will update when I know the total. £300+ and lost another pound, now nearer £400.

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. List needs updating as some jobs done..updated list.

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, no spending yesterday and I won't be near the shops today so that's me on NSD 16/20 today.

USE - my friend and I went for a walk yesterday and took the last of the leftover sandwiches for our lunch.

LOSE - I sold another 2 knitting booklets on eBay. I measured and weighed the packets and had stamps I used for postage. This saved me a car journey to the nearest post office. The village post office closed over a year ago and its sorely missed :mad:

YEARLY - Today I am going to sew a Xmas stocking to add to my present stash. It's raining here so won't feel too bad about being locked away in my sewing room ;)

JUMP - A long leisurely walk yesterday with several stops as it was so warm.

GRATITUDE - I'm very grateful for good friends. My walking friend yesterday started in her new NHS job the same week that I started back in 1990. Our youngest children were both in primary one - who would have thought all these years later we would both be retired and going for walks and picnics together :)

EVERYDAY - Love my life xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DH and me chopped some more branches of our trees last night. It is quite terrifying really and surprising that neither of us is hurt as they are huge and I had to hold the ladders and dodge/catch the massive branches as they fell. DH will be home early enough today to do a couple of tip runs with the branches which we chopped up to fit in the trailer.

Kids finish school at lunch today so this morning will be spent cleaning then doing the 10 mile round trip to pick them up after just doing the 10 mile round trip to drop them off. Might call at the uniform shop this afternoon to swap DD's blazer for a smaller one.

I always feel very sad when the kids finish another school year, they are another year closer to not needing me. I've felt tearful all week but not quite as bad as when they were at primary, particularly when they left there and we were all in bits.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Definitely not a nsd for me today. I finish for the summer in less than an hour and I'm going out tonight to get horrifically drunk. However, on the mse side of things it is all budgeted for :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure