New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

edited 2 July 2018 at 2:58PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
466 replies 35.7K views

Replies

• edited 30 June 2018 at 7:42PM
    swimminginaseaofdebtswimminginaseaofdebt Forumite
    902 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 30 June 2018 at 7:42PM
    Please can I be added?

My goals for the month are:
    • NSDs - 15
    • Remember others - will buy gifts for charity for Christmas
    • Budgets - £200 food/other spends and £100 social spends
    • Use things up - will do!
    • Vacation time - 2 year old is easily amused with a trip to the park
    • Inspire others - will try my best
    • Value for money - need to renew my home insurance and change broadband/tv as talktalk are getting expensive. Will go through quidco/topcashback. Also want a haircut and will look for a voucher for this
    • Check in every day - will try my best
    • Jump - will walk as much as I can, would like to do other forms of exercise but being a single parent of a 2 year old puts a stop to this. Wish there was affordable gyms with crèche facilities
    • Social - have 1 lunch planned and 1 potential dinner. Will allow a visit or two to soft play with the little one
    • Lose the excess - will try to declutter the flat a little
    • Yearly - build up my Amazon balance through surveys for nephews birthday in October and presents next year

Other goals:
    • Add to my EF
    • Start a driving lessons/car fund
    • Start a home improvement fund
    • Rebuild my general savings account
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one
    • Read as many books as possible
    • Sign up for my next OU module once I get confirmation I‘ve passed my last one (results due 17th July)
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100
    VSPC 2020 #4 - £214.71/£200
  • sashanutsashanut Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please count me in greent :j
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • NSDs-20
    Set your budgets- Have a goal of 30 per week to cover everything. The rest will stay in the bank or go on debt until I have a handle of my finances. (Things have gotten really bad mentally.
    Use up things-I am aiming to only top up stuff in July.
    Revisit-I am constantly revising my goals and havent really succeeded so I am tightening my belt and bulking down
    Vacation-Doesnt really apply anymore.
    inspire- I will share my meals and breakdown costs.
    Value Hoping there wont be any unplanned costs but you know.
    Every Day I will aim to check in more and think of more gratitudes

JumpAiming for more walks
    Unless planned I will be meeting a friend for coffee at least once this month but, that is the only planned spend there.
    Lose the excess I am going to clear out some books I havent touched in a while.
    Yearly Goals Another month, Another set of goals. My goals are:
    No new electronics except what household items when I move. (Stay out of ARGOS!)
    Save £2K for deposit and furniture

I have got to really pull myself together before I end up living in supported housing for the rest of my life because I cant save or budget.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • misstaramisstara Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please count me in :)
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £0
    Debt Feb 2020: Credit card - £607.09. Now £0
    Car - £4992.88. Now £3818.32 (23.5% paid)
    Emergency fund - £502.17/£1000. Car fund - £323.76/£1000.
    Flat deposit - £81.03/£15,000 (0.5% saved).
  • edited 30 June 2018 at 4:25PM
    Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 June 2018 at 4:25PM
    OK. Goals for July
    NSD - 15 (?)
    Budgets done and bills paid (taking into account Direct Debits and when they come out of bank account). Monthly charity donations paid.
    Use things up. So much food to use but practically zero waste. Got lots of cosmetic type things to use.
    Revisit those targets you set back in January - Financially not to bad but I really do need to lose some weight.
    Vacation time . Our next holiday is October and after that a lot planned but plans for paying are all in order. We feel that we should be getting out and about a bit more so we are planning a day out every week. A walk or a visit somewhere (lots of free places about) plus a nice lunch. However, I will be looking for vouchers, etc to pay for this.
    Inspire others; Don't know that I'm very inspirational but I'll certainly pass on any tips where I can.
    Value for money . Never tried cashback. Must look into that.
    Sign in and gratitudes every day ; Will do
    Jump ! or run, garden, swim, walk ; Just walking really but hopefully that will tie in with our days out a little. Otherwise will try to be a bit more active
    Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. - Don't really do takeaways or coffee shops and the lunches will be budgeted for. One lunch with the cousins ans sister in law.
    Lose the excess - So, so much here. Must make a real effort. Lots which has hardly been used that can go to the charity shop and tins and things (still well within date) that can go to the food bank and homeless mission. Come to think of it I bet there are lot's of toiletries and household things that can be donated as well.
    Birthdays, etc. - Himself's birthday next week. We don't do expensive but do like lots of presents to open on the day. Been storing up books, etc that I've bought cheap (but that I know he'll like). Going to buy a couple of Groupon restaurant vouchers and a huge box of 100 jaffa cakes.
    Looking forward to July
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Can I join in please?
    Thank you
    Early Retirement
  • clippy_girlclippy_girl Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to join in please :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • cuddlymarmcuddlymarm Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for adding me

Set my target I am aiming for £175 for the month to cover all food, cleaning and toiletries and at least 15 NSDs
    Use up I aim to streeeeeeeetch everything as far as possible, but as I am doing another challenge myself to stock up my cupboards aim to use the saving to do this stocking up without going over my limit
    Revisit I didn!!!8217;t join until now but know I need to concentrate on keeping to the straight and narrow. We have been living beyond our means and it needs to stop.
    Vacation we!!!8217;ve no holidays booked until November now ( which still needs paying for ) so no eatable treats out and will attempt to take food and drinks out.
    Inspire I aim to make do and mend as much as possible so I will keep you guys updated on how I!!!8217;m doing
    Value The only money I!!!8217;m planning on spending is on food this month so I will check prices and offers to make sure of value for money
    Every day I will check in
    Jump I plan to walk as much as possible
    Unless budgeted Not planning on spending anything apart from food
    Lose excess We!!!8217;ve very little to part with cos we downsized last year.
    Yearly targets Xmas, birthdays etc I will start attempting to put money away towards Xmas after I!!!8217;ve stocked up. Most gifts tend to be money apart from the smaller great nephews that live near.

I hope this all makes sense
    Good luck guys
    Cuddles
    January NST 2/16
  • PuddleglumPuddleglum Forumite
    851 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in again too please!
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • DawnWDawnW Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to join please :)