Still shopping at Amazon?

Options

Comments

• reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever the OP's reasons for posting negatively about Amazon, I personally have cancelled my Prime membership. Not due to damaged items or receiving second hand goods but due to delivery problems. I used to use Amazon in preference to anyone else, it was a rare couple of days when I didn't receive something but in December a parcel was noted as received by recipient, but I hadn't taken delivery. I was refunded but was astounded that amazon had no notes as to who picked up the item, and what address it was delivered to. This meant that Amazon would be within rights to refuse to refund.

I didn't order for a while, then I started using amazon again in March, not as often as before but I was using them. 10 orders later the same thing happened. Again, I couldn't find anything out. No idea where it was delivered and well, if it was an admin error or the fault of the courier, no idea. I was offered a refund when I complained initially but thought the item might still arrive. It didn't. I have still not received a refund, cancelled my prime membership and won't order from them again.

I also had problems last year with someone somehow getting access to my account. I have no idea how (I know how to avoid pfishing etc). Amazon refused to tell me yet again what happened and how as they could not reveal their security procedures. I never wanted to know what their security procedures were, I just wanted to know how this transaction happened so I could figure out how to protect myself.

This refusal to deal with customer anxiety when its your money going down the drain is wrong. The lack of information is their main problem for me, when things go wrong. I just won't deal with them again.

I am aware of the concerns about their employment practices but feel an employee doesn't have to work for them. Perhaps I am wrong in that opinion. but I do think Amazon is just too big. Unfortunately while investors aren't concerned and prepared to keep the company afloat, nothing will change. Unless you have some things happen to you like I did, customers will shop there because of the convenience and prices.

I prefer to email as I have ASD and don't do 'live' conversations well. Amazon don't do emails anymore. Its live online chat or phone them, which I just can't do. Even when I emailed the Jeff email addy, I did get a short reply, but couldn't reply, it was a no reply email. So that was the final straw for me.

Personally i feel like this post is a bit dramatic.

2 problematic deliveries out of god knows how many isn't a big deal when they offered you a refund no questions asked.
    The issue was likely to be a driver and not amazon themselves, who, if they wanted to pursue a case against the driver or suspected person they couldn't divulge that information for a number of reasons and you didn't really have a right to know.

as for unauthorised access to your account, that is likely down to your email address being available somewhere and having a password that is easily hacked.
    Again not amazons fault, amazon actually do email warnings if a dodgy looking attempt has been made on your account.

thats just my opinion though
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I prefer to email as I have ASD and don't do 'live' conversations well. Amazon don't do emails anymore. Its live online chat or phone them, which I just can't do. Even when I emailed the Jeff email addy, I did get a short reply, but couldn't reply, it was a no reply email. So that was the final straw for me.

They still do email.

I had an issue this weekend with a delivery which hadn't been delivered but was "handed to resident". Then when it was finally delivered the following day it was the wrong item (I suspect foul play :undecided).

The 3 options for contact were email, phone or live chat.

All sorted and correct item received on Monday, keep the unordered item and 2 month extension to my Prime membership. :T
  • soul1
    soul1 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. You guys a lively lot :rotfl:
    I do appreciate everybody's views on here and I understand that most forum members who have replied to my thread disagree in one way or another to what I'm saying. That is fine. However the views on this forum seem to differ quite a bit from views on other forums with regards to the same topic which is interesting.
    Still does not change my views on Amazon though. Each to their own I suppose :)
  • soul1
    Options
    You got banned because you abused the return policies. If they published what that policy was, people like you would exploit it to the maximum.

Billions of people around the world use Amazon and only a tiny, tiny fraction get banned. Does that make you feel special?

This post makes me laugh. How do you know I got banned from Amazon? Please enlighten me as I certainly don't.
  • soul1
    Options
    parkrunner wrote: »
    Nonsense, those who get banned are the ones abusing the system.
    Hi parkrunner, how do you know that this is fact. Is it because Amazon says so and you believe them ?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    soul1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. You guys a lively lot :rotfl:
    I do appreciate everybody's views on here and I understand that most forum members who have replied to my thread disagree in one way or another to what I'm saying. That is fine. However the views on this forum seem to differ quite a bit from views on other forums with regards to the same topic which is interesting.
    Still does not change my views on Amazon though. Each to their own I suppose :)
    And what forums are these, links?
  • soul1
    Options
    Whatever the OP's reasons for posting negatively about Amazon, I personally have cancelled my Prime membership. Not due to damaged items or receiving second hand goods but due to delivery problems. I used to use Amazon in preference to anyone else, it was a rare couple of days when I didn't receive something but in December a parcel was noted as received by recipient, but I hadn't taken delivery. I was refunded but was astounded that amazon had no notes as to who picked up the item, and what address it was delivered to. This meant that Amazon would be within rights to refuse to refund.

I didn't order for a while, then I started using amazon again in March, not as often as before but I was using them. 10 orders later the same thing happened. Again, I couldn't find anything out. No idea where it was delivered and well, if it was an admin error or the fault of the courier, no idea. I was offered a refund when I complained initially but thought the item might still arrive. It didn't. I have still not received a refund, cancelled my prime membership and won't order from them again.

I also had problems last year with someone somehow getting access to my account. I have no idea how (I know how to avoid pfishing etc). Amazon refused to tell me yet again what happened and how as they could not reveal their security procedures. I never wanted to know what their security procedures were, I just wanted to know how this transaction happened so I could figure out how to protect myself.

This refusal to deal with customer anxiety when its your money going down the drain is wrong. The lack of information is their main problem for me, when things go wrong. I just won't deal with them again.

I am aware of the concerns about their employment practices but feel an employee doesn't have to work for them. Perhaps I am wrong in that opinion. but I do think Amazon is just too big. Unfortunately while investors aren't concerned and prepared to keep the company afloat, nothing will change. Unless you have some things happen to you like I did, customers will shop there because of the convenience and prices.

Hi deannatrois, thanks for your post and sharing your story. Amazon definitely need to improve their customer service and transparency imho.
  • soul1
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    And what forums are these, links?
    Hi neilmcl, I'm not going to post links to other sites or forums I'm afraid. If your interested please do a search for yourself.
    I do sincerely hope that somebody from Amazon's Management team is reading this thread. It would also be good to hear Martin Lewis's own views with regards to what Amazon's business practices are and whether he agrees with it or not. Who knows it might be featured on one of his programmes in the near future just like it was featured on Watchdog. I sincerely believe that a programme like Watchdog would not feature Amazon and it's business practices unless it was totally justified and each case having been investigated thoroughly.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 June 2018 at 4:53PM
    Options
    soul1 wrote: »
    Hi neilmcl, I'm not going to post links to other sites or forums I'm afraid. If your interested please do a search for yourself.
    If you are not prepared to post links to these other forums you keep refering to then we can all assume that they are figments of your imagination, you are the one that keeps claiming they exist so either provide some proof and put up or shut up and stop making unfounded claims.
  • soul1
    edited 13 June 2018 at 5:27PM
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    If you are not prepared to post links to these other forums you keep refering to then we can all assume that they are figments of your imagination, you are the one that keeps claiming they exist so either provide some proof and put up or shut up and stop making unfounded claims.
    Please do a search yourself thanks. So you are saying that Watchdog's findings are also unfounded, or just mine ?
    Also there is no need to get rude or nasty. This is a forum where everyone has different views and opinions. Let's keep things friendly and nice here with respect for each other :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure