Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope you have a wonderful relaxing time with the children.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a fantastic time

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Have a great time and don't worry. I hadn't flown in years until fairly recently and it seemed like everybody except me seemed to know what to do but I've found the airport staff are really helpful if you tell them you're not sure what to do. If you're not sure about taking something just ask. If it's not allowed they'll just ask you to leave it.

I hope you really enjoy yourself. You deserve it after all you've been through recently.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    I'm back! Sorry for not checking in while I was away but I paid extra for the kids to get wifi and was determined I could manage without it, and I did.
    Not a big check in, just saying hello - we've only been home a couple of hours and I'm quite tired after a long-ish flight and the drive home. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - we survived, although I set the scanners off both ways - think it was my bra if I'm being completely honest - the scanner was showing up areas around my armpits. Ah well - nothing to hide. I did manage to get everything through the hand luggage, including my crochet to keep me entertained. I am still completely and utterly terrified of flying though, however, the fantastic news is that both kids really enjoyed it - I managed not to pass my terror onto them.
    We have had a lovely time overall - only a few usual sibling fall outs and a bit of bad behaviour when everyone was tired - and I very much loved being all inclusive as I reckon ds would have doubled my spends with the amount of food and drink he got through over the few days. The weather was lovely - not too hot but nice enough to get tanned (or burnt in my case - even with factor 30 every hour) and we managed loads of relaxing - I read 3 books which is the first reading I've done for ages. We spent most of the time in the resort by the pool but did have a walk into town, and also a day at the zoo, which was really amazing! We all got to feed a giraffe which was a truly fantastic experience - and true to my mse ways I managed a BOGOF on the tickets and saved myself 35 Euros :T
    I only missed a couple of things - my evening tv and the cats. :rotfl: It's nice to be home and I've watched EastEnders and snuggled with the cats. Washing is all out on the kitchen floor and waiting to go. Now I'm heading off to bed and looking forward to a good sleep. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment and I need to get some groceries in - then hopefully a bit more relaxing but I will check in and catch up :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Welcome home. Sounds like you've had a fantastic time. Enjoy the memories and don't undo all your hard work at relaxing too soon.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you slept well and can adjust to the cooler weather here. Glad you had such a lovely time away.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh that is wonderful
    I am so glad you had a good time. I was worried you were on FlyBMI who went bust the day after you left! So happy the kids (mostly) behaved, and that you feel braver about taking them away now. You give me hope.

Now go and enjoy the rest of half term.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Holiday sounds brilliant, and the weather is fantastic here at the moment so you can hopefully continue to relax and sit and read in the sun. ((hugs))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    The weather here is amazing at the moment Chrystal :D This time last year we were all gearing up for beast from the east but this year it's like late spring. Made coming back less depressing that's for sure.
    I don't know what happened but I woke up just before 4am and couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I watched the Brits in bed then gave up and got up for the day. Cats are very cuddly - they have obviously missed us (or at least have missed the food on tap). By the time ds got up for our hair appointment I had caught up on loads of missed tv :o Rather typically, I was ready to sleep as soon as it was time to go out but I'm determined to get through the day then have an early night tonight.
    2 loads of washing done, plus a big ish grocery shop at Mr S. Couldn't be bothered to go back to the travel agent with my unused Euros so I'll do that tomorrow or Saturday. Did my good deed for the day helping a lady to bag up her shopping while I waited in the queue at Mr S and then have spent the rest of the day just sitting on my bum. Had a good root through the finances, and whilst dire I am at least now informed about it all. Now I just need to do a couple of work related bits then I'm going to get on with some crochet.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Great to hear you and the kids had a lovely break. Well deserved and I hope you feel recharged for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure