Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,186 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good job you discovered all that laundry, CCL, or it sounds like the boy would have been going off on holiday in his nuddypants!
    X
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I was starting to wonder, foxgloves, why he always seemed to be moaning that he didn't have any trousers, or couldn't find pants and socks. I felt like I was always buying trousers for him. Turns out they were just in his washing basket (put there by the cleaner) and he couldn't be bothered to give them to me. Load 2 is in at the moment... He now has 6 pairs of trousers, 9 pairs of pants and god knows how many socks - including 8 as yet unpaired...
    Decided to pop my marked exam papers to the post office before I settled for the night - so they are on the way back now. I got home, put the next load of washing in, washed dishes, made dinner and looked for a couple of things for taking on holiday. I can't believe it's a couple of days and I'm still shattered and not thinking about the hols at all. Still bits to do but everything is on the go at least.
    Now I'm sitting down to relax and spend Valentine's evening with my kids, enjoying some quality time with people I love.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options

Now I'm sitting down to relax and spend Valentine's evening with my kids, enjoying some quality time with people I love.

This.

Have a good one CCL.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    I can't believe that I've survived another half term and that this time tomorrow I'll be well on the way to a few days of complete rest and relaxation (as ever - that is the plan). Before that though, there are plenty of other things I still need to do. Finish packing, get ds to do his packing, tidy the house, sort the cat food out, drop my spare keys at my sister's house, make sure all of the rubbish and recycling is out and get an early night. It feels like a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in.
    Just waiting for ds to arrive home from school and then we'll make a move and I'm not doing anything at all until I've crossed all the annoying jobs off the to-do list.
    Finances are looking dire - thank goodness February is a short month. I feel like I've been struggling for months now financially. Every time I think that I'm getting somewhere I seem to get smacked with another expense or bill, and that debt just keeps rolling on. Anyway, I am not going to worry - I'm not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the world - it just might take a while for me to get where I'm going. I need to enjoy the journey...

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a happy holiday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Have a fabulous holiday.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I can't actually believe I might be done and ready to go by 6pm the night before...
    Bags are packed, boarding passes printed, keys delivered, catsitter sorted. All that remains is the very last minute stuff like putting rubbish and recycling out and washing the last few dishes. Plus I need to pack toothbrushes and phone chargers. Then I think that is it.
    Set alarms, put my feet up and get an early night if I possibly can. I'm so nervous - fear of the unknown and stepping out of my comfort zone. I've not been on an aeroplane in about 15 years and so much has changed over that time. I'm also worried about being too fat to fit in the seats. I'm worried I'll forget something, or take something with me I'm not allowed to take on a plane. Can you even take a crochet hook on a plane? It's just typical of me - I really hope that I can just lie back and enjoy myself a bit. I have always been scared of flying though - no doubt about that.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Think that you can't take a crochet hook in handluggage on a plane. But it can go in the hold.

Have a fab time!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you all have a great time CCL xx
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Stop worrying. Relax. Have a brilliant holiday. XXX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family