🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Options

Comments

• suzipp
    suzipp Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Debit and Credit card blocked for no reason,, Unable to pay rail card, MOT repair or new phone.
    Now been waiting 2 hours for fraud department to pick up after being advised a fraud enquiry.
    Just checking the 02 were who they say they are but blocked my cards!!.

Usually receive text notification about fraud.. ha.. no longer due to their problems!!

Please stay on the line we will be with you soon.. To long sweetheart.. battery going flat.. just like their service!!

Have been patient so far, unable to see accounts, intermittent issues but this is just too far. No cards until I can unblock.. cannot unblock as they do not have this service available!!
  • Carfilhiot
    Carfilhiot Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Anyone getting text alerts? I usually have mine on Monday mornings but havent had one since the changeover.

Ive checked my settings and i am still registered to receive them.

I haven't had a text alert since approximately a month ago.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please highlight the bit where I complained about the lack of a text!! I can assure you that was not a basis of my complaint, the woman actually told me on the phone when I called. Why I am justifying it to you is beyond me!

The point I am trying to make son is that irrelevant of when I cancelled it, I cancelled it, and the bank let it go after I cancelled it. Then they didnt contact me to tell me theyd let it go, which had their IT problems not happened, would have. I REPEAT, I didn!!!8217;t expect or rely on the text as, as far as o was concerned the direct debit was cancelled.

Get back under your bridge
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Please highlight the bit where I complained about the lack of a text!!

I did! I quoted it for you and provided a link to the post!
    I can assure you that was not a basis of my complaint, the woman actually told me on the phone when I called. Why I am justifying it to you is beyond me!

Perhaps because you know that you are in the wrong, but can't bring yourself to admit it.
    The point I am trying to make son

Aren't you a rude individual!
    is that irrelevant of when I cancelled it, I cancelled it, and the bank let it go after I cancelled it.

And as we have repeatedly pointed out to you, you didn't cancel it in time. :wall:
    Then they didnt contact me to tell me theyd let it go,

They didn't need to because they had paid a direct debit that at the time of claiming was valid. Funnily enough, none of my banks contact me to say that they have paid the direct debits I have on my account.
    which had their IT problems not happened, would have.

Totally irrelevant. I'll say it again, the text alert service cannot be relied up and the banks make this clear.
    I REPEAT, I didn!!!8217;t expect or rely on the text as, as far as o was concerned the direct debit was cancelled.

But as we keep pointing out to you, it wasn't, and you were relying on it as you have stated in this post, and the one I quoted previously! Try reading what you have written.
    Get back under your bridge

Just because you can't follow logic, doesn't make me a troll.
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    I did! I quoted it for you and provided a link to the post!

Perhaps because you know that you are in the wrong, but can't bring yourself to admit it.

Aren't you a rude individual!

And as we have repeatedly pointed out to you, you didn't cancel it in time. :wall:

They didn't need to because they had paid a direct debit that at the time of claiming was valid. Funnily enough, none of my banks contact me to say that they have paid the direct debits I have on my account.

Totally irrelevant. I'll say it again, the text alert service cannot be relied up and the banks make this clear.

But as we keep pointing out to you, it wasn't, and you were relying on it as you have stated in this post, and the one I quoted previously! Try reading what you have written.

Just because you can't follow logic, doesn't make me a troll.

Please stop replying to my posts, I do not wish to engage in further communication with you. If you continue then I will have no option but to report you. Thank tou
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please stop replying to my posts, I do not wish to engage in further communication with you. If you continue then I will have no option but to report you. Thank tou

Stop being so dramatic.

Take a step back and a breath and realise someone has been offering advice.

Deleting a DD on a Sunday and expecting it not to debit on a Monday is extremely brave. But possibly TSB may have learned something here too as I'm sure other institutions either flag up or stop this deletion when so close.

Go get a cuppa and relax:coffee::coffee:
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please highlight the bit where I complained about the lack of a text!!
    (gets reply)

:wall::wall::wall:
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Stop being so dramatic.

Take a step back and a breath and realise someone has been offering advice.

Deleting a DD on a Sunday and expecting it not to debit on a Monday is extremely brave. But possibly TSB may have learned something here too as I'm sure other institutions either flag up or stop this deletion when so close.

Go get a cuppa and relax:coffee::coffee:

Thank you. I am calm buddy, but appreciate your comments.

Can I just suggest, if I realised the direct debit go on on the Monday, could I have then rang up and done a direct debit indemnity, as in theory I had asked it to be cancelled, and was lead to believe this had been done, so then it’s an error?

I get what people have said but to imply I can’t manage my money etc is just plain rude
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »
    (gets reply)

:wall::wall::wall:

For the last time, stop trying to goad me. I called them on the Thursday after receiving the letter. I explained the reason for my complaint, I pointed out during the call I didnt receive a text she then mentioned that they werent working (my complaint WAS NOT about this). In my conversation I did say that I apprecaiate they werent a given and were a not a feature you could rely on, but how was I to know if they arent working as I wasn’t expecting a text as it was cancelled.

You really do like to twist what people say to try and belittle them
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,535 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2018 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Can I just suggest, if I realised the direct debit go on on the Monday, could I have then rang up and done a direct debit indemnity, as in theory I had asked it to be cancelled, and was lead to believe this had been done, so then it!!!8217;s an error?
    So, if I understand your situation correctly, you had a monthly direct debit set up to pay for something, but this time you decided to pay by debit card. The company later took a payment by direct debit, so you paid twice?

That could potentially fall under the Direct Debit Guarantee. As I understand it, charges are normally waived in such a situation too. Whether it would actually be covered depends on the specifics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport