MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Options

Comments

• rastler
    rastler Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Still cannot log in to see our current accounts. So how do fraudsters manage to log in? Do they work for TSB?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5746779/TSB-customers-caught-firms-online-meltdown-seeing-accounts-raided-fraudsters.html
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    rastler wrote: »
    Still cannot log in to see our current accounts. So how do fraudsters manage to log in? Do they work for TSB?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5746779/TSB-customers-caught-firms-online-meltdown-seeing-accounts-raided-fraudsters.html

Are you sure that you are using the right address? Go to https://www.tsb.co.uk/personal/ and use the "Log in" link in the top right hand corner. Don't use a bookmark because the address has changed.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    Wondered if they were in early 20's since it became common use from late 90's. If they are younger then probably unaware of the term as used by older dudes (relatively speaking since I'm a lot older myself)

No 102 ! and waiting for my wonga.:D
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long are TSB taking to respond to complaints?
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »

How long is a piece of string ?:D
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string ?:D
    You got a fast reply, for just being slightly put out. All depends on the complexity of the complaint.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,466 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »

I have had two holding letters & nothing else.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone getting text alerts? I usually have mine on Monday mornings but havent had one since the changeover.

Ive checked my settings and i am still registered to receive them.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,466 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No text alerts here either.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Given the timescale, TSB were not wrong to pay the direct debit.

No other bank would give you such a warning.

The text message service is an added extra and not something on which you should be relying.

I'm afraid that you only have yourself to blame.

Point 1) Please provide me a link that states direct debits should be cancelled giving notice?

Point 2) yes they would, and I have

Point 3) I didnt rely on it, I cancelled the DD, thats the end of it. But, lets just say I was relying on it, then is it fair for them to provide it for 6 months, then because of their balls up, it stops working, then they just say oh well, its not something we offer, its just an 'added extra'? No doubt you will disagree, but in Pests words 'no customer will be out of pocket'

Point 4) Strange point this, as TSB classed it as a bank error, gave me the £15 back, stopped the charge and gave me £18 in calls, so looks like they dont blame me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure