Tandem Bank credit card woes

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    You haven't provided details of what phone you have but I would go back to Tandem - their technical department and not their customer services if possible - explaining that the app has stopped working for you on 2 different devices (provide them with details of what they are) stressing it meets the OS requirements.

Tandem's digital terms specify "Our current operating requirements are specified in the FAQs". In turn, the FAQs state Tandem works on Version 5 of Android onwards.. and I can't see them "jumping" two versions to Android 7 without any warning..
  • allan1954
    allan1954 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 March 2019 at 8:48PM
    The phone is alcatel pixi4 running marshmallow the tandem chat guy gave me the wrong link to contact the app developer then sent 2 more links that dont work to contact tech support.i have seen on google play about version 5 or above its been working great just yesterday it asked me to update and now it doesn't work any more.
  • allan1954
    There is no tech support this is the reply i got from tandem.Android Feedback <android-feedback@tandem.co.uk>
    To:

3 Mar at 20:10

Thanks a lot for your feature suggestion!

We really value your input, our product team review your feedback on a weekly basis and update our roadmap accordingly.

Please note, this is only a channel for feature suggestions and not servicing; our customer service team don’t have access to this mailbox so if you would like help with your app or accounts please open a chat to us and someone will get to you as soon as they can.

Many thanks

Tandem product team
  • allan1954
    android 6 no longer supported on Tandem so that's me back to asda money credit card. from Tandemtandem-16ce629a1c1d.intercom-mail.com>
    To:

4 Mar at 13:50

Hi I understand this and this phone was compatible at that time. However, we have made changes to our app and it is no longer compatible with the Alcatel Pixi 4, I appreciate this is frustrating but unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you at this time.
  • Other apps will stop being supported on older OS versions as well so be aware of that
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Monzo once messaged or emailed me, I forget which, to ask if there was any particular reason why I was still using Android 5, as they were planning to discontinue support for it with future app updates.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Tandem_Bank
    Tandem_Bank Posts: 3 Organisation Representative
    allan1954 wrote: »
    The phone is alcatel pixi4 running marshmallow the tandem chat guy gave me the wrong link to contact the app developer then sent 2 more links that dont work to contact tech support.i have seen on google play about version 5 or above its been working great just yesterday it asked me to update and now it doesn't work any more.

Hi Allan,

I've been looking into this the past few days for you to find out what has changed and whether our FAQs are right.

Here's the answer that I got from the Android team:
    "One of the sdks that we'll be using for ID verification in the near future requires the user to have an auto-focus camera. This will speed up the process of verifying people's identity a lot, cutting down one the longest application journey to a much more instantaneous experience.
    There's nothing we can do to override this, so if we want to use the SDK for this process (which we do), we just won't be able to support their devices unfortunately. We still support android 5 and above however - it's just a camera issue. Although this process isn't live within the app yet, we have already starting building the code into recent releases, so that's why it already requires the camera to be right for compatibility."

Could you let me know if that makes sense and goes some way to answering your question?

Thanks.

PS feel free to contact me directly via DM on Tandem's facebook or twitter pages and I can look into any issues and pass on feedback more effectively for you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Tandem Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Miki
    Miki Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Called Tandem to ask what had happened to my cashback last month - they said it would appear on my next statement.
    No cashback this month - they told me I had the "wrong" Tandem card despite there being no choice when applying! and no indication of what type of card on the card.

The lady I spoke to asked how I would like her to resolve the problem - I said pay me my cashback and change the card type which would have cost them £5 on two months spend - but she couldn't do that.

In my opinion they are a rip off outfit.
  • It’s clearly laid out there are 2 different cards when applying.

This is no fault of Tandem
  • System
    System Posts: 178,086 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    It’s clearly laid out there are 2 different cards when applying.

This is no fault of Tandem
    Why do you take every possible opportunity to defend Tandem? Do you work there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure