Tandem Bank credit card woes

Comments

• I'm same , tandem is my default card. Like the fact that when ever I use the card I am notified immediately. Instant cashback is a bonus.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Tried to use Tandem in Tesco 'pay at pump' yesterday - card declined. Sent a chat message from app and they replied within 5 (yes 5!) minutes saying there was an ongoing problem with Tesco and they were aware of it.
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Only real issue I've had is I had an app notification saying my personal details had been updated and if I didn't make the change to call them. I called them, going through all the security verification, only to be told the notification was a mistake!

Although, as they are an app based bank you would think they would have the ability to add your card to Google Pay for contactless payments in shops - they don't, you can only add it to Google Pay for payments you make via Google in other apps.

They don't have anywhere in the app where you can alert them that you are going abroad. However, I used my card abroad a few times a couple of weeks ago and had no issues.
  • epm-84
    I'm same , tandem is my default card. Like the fact that when ever I use the card I am notified immediately. Instant cashback is a bonus.

The cashback isn't instant, it's added on the date of your statement (monthly.)

The instant notifications can be a bit annoying at times as they alert you if a £1 verification transaction is put on the card and then alert you that it's been removed. Although, if you're paying in a foreign currency it's useful to have an instant alert telling you the transaction value in GBP.
  • epm-84
    ABRDF wrote: »
    Unlike Starling’s Anne Boden their CEO who answers tweets from customer with good and bad issues eve late at night, Ricky Knox the CEO of Tandem just BLOCKS YOU!!!

I doubt any Anne Boden (or any CEO) answers tweets from customers, more likely some senior customer service staff do so on her behalf.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    epm-84 wrote: »
    I doubt any Anne Boden (or any CEO) answers tweets from customers, more likely some senior customer service staff do so on her behalf.
    Our CEO does. Don't see why not. Obviously not full time.
  • ABRDF
    ABRDF Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Please see my current review of Tandem after using the card for 13 months.
  • JohnMl88 wrote: »
    Has anyone received a credit limit increase?

I was told you had to have the card for a year before you could increase your limit.
  • pillar11
    pillar11 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I think mastercard is just mainstream try visa
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I was told you had to have the card for a year before you could increase your limit.

I've had the card for over a year and I haven't been offered one. I haven't asked either.

What I have read on their social media is that it's on their 'route map' for later this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure