Tandem Bank credit card woes

Comments

• Hi, have been a fairly happy customer of Tandem for a few months, not as good cashback rate as Amex but Tandem (Master Card) more widely accepted. Disappointing I can't add a second card onto the account for my wife. App works ok but considering it's an online bank, can only receive paper statements!

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to link their Tandem card successfully to Apple Pay?

I tried setting up the card via the Apple Pay app on my phone that uses the camera to 'scan' the card details and automatically add them, but got an error message saying that the card was not a UK issue and I couldn't use it. However, by logging into my AppleID account through a desktop, seemingly I was able to 'add' the Tandem Mastercard to my Apple Pay wallet? I got no message from Tandem warning me that my card had just been linked to Apple Pay and have not (yet) tried to make a purchase.

Was wondering if anyone had been successful in adding their Tandem card to Apple Pay and actually made a transaction within the contactless limits?
  • cjmerritt7 wrote: »
    Hi, have been a fairly happy customer of Tandem for a few months, not as good cashback rate as Amex but Tandem (Master Card) more widely accepted. Disappointing I can't add a second card onto the account for my wife. App works ok but considering it's an online bank, can only receive paper statements!

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to link their Tandem card successfully to Apple Pay?

I tried setting up the card via the Apple Pay app on my phone that uses the camera to 'scan' the card details and automatically add them, but got an error message saying that the card was not a UK issue and I couldn't use it. However, by logging into my AppleID account through a desktop, seemingly I was able to 'add' the Tandem Mastercard to my Apple Pay wallet? I got no message from Tandem warning me that my card had just been linked to Apple Pay and have not (yet) tried to make a purchase.

Was wondering if anyone had been successful in adding their Tandem card to Apple Pay and actually made a transaction within the contactless limits?

Apple/Android pay not supported yet.
  • To anyone who has been referred by a friend - from my experience Tandem do not pay the referral until chased by the person who has signed up for the card - this is how I received my £10.

I would wait 15 days and then contact them through the app to request the voucher. You may need to provide the name / email of who referred you.
  • allan1954
    allan1954 Posts: 98
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    android 6 did the app update last night now it says my phone is incompatible anybody else had this problem, please.
  • Probably doesn’t work with older versions of Android - which is understandable and other developers will likely follow suit
  • allan1954
    Forumite
    edited 3 March 2019 at 2:37PM
    !!! wrote: »
    Probably doesn’t work with older versions of Android - which is understandable and other developers will likely follow suit
    Thanks would you know of a reasonably priced phone that this may work on would it have to be oreo or pie, please.i asked on tandem chat and got no reply. found this on 3 redmi 6a dual sim £70 inc £10 airtime credit unlocked its not worth me spending that type of money just to use tandems credit card.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,603
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    allan1954 wrote: »
    android 6 did the app update last night now it says my phone is incompatible anybody else had this problem, please.

Google Play should not have updated your phone to a version of the app which was incompatible.

I would wait for Tandem to respond and/or try reinstalling the app before considering buying a new phone. Also, check if there is a newer version of the OS for your phone.

The only other thing is that some financial apps don't work if you have rooted your phone or unlocked the bootloader.. though I don't know if this applies in Tandem's case
  • Duckyduck
    Duckyduck Posts: 269
    Forumite
    How long does it take Tandem to produce statements? My app said the statement would be available 17th Feb, which updated to 17th March the next day or so. However, 2 weeks later the statements tab of the app is still blank, nor have I received anything in the post.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • allan1954
    Forumite
    edited 3 March 2019 at 4:21PM
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    Google Play should not have updated your phone to a version of the app which was incompatible.

I would wait for Tandem to respond and/or try reinstalling the app before considering buying a new phone. Also, check if there is a newer version of the OS for your phone.

The only other thing is that some financial apps don't work if you have rooted your phone or unlocked the bootloader.. though I don't know if this applies in Tandem's case
    tandem chat has told me to buy a new phone the one i have is not upgradable.it has never been rooted or the bootloader touched.i also had the app working on a Chromebook which can use the android apps and that's showing the same problem.it says this version not compatible with your devices.
  • allan1954
    Forumite
    On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 09:57 AM, @tandem.intercom-mail.com> wrote:
    Hi ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your devices (and their operating systems) are no longer supported, you will not have access to your Tandem account.

If you wish to continue to use the Tandem app, I recommend you look at obtaining a phone that is compatible.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport