Tandem Bank credit card woes

Comments

• Hi all - I have been reading with interest and wondering whether to ditch my old Santander 123 credit card for a Tandem. I think I would probably triple the amount of cashback earned.
    Thing is, the Santander website, app etc have always been spot on for me, and I've never had any issues with customer service. However the cashback I am earning has been severely limited since they upped the monthly fee and introduced caps a couple of years ago.
    Another important consideration is whether I can get an additional card for my other half. There are a couple of contradictory posts on this earlier in the thread. Has anyone managed to do this?
  • Monkey_B wrote: »
    Hi all - I have been reading with interest and wondering whether to ditch my old Santander 123 credit card for a Tandem. I think I would probably triple the amount of cashback earned.
    Thing is, the Santander website, app etc have always been spot on for me, and I've never had any issues with customer service. However the cashback I am earning has been severely limited since they upped the monthly fee and introduced caps a couple of years ago.
    Another important consideration is whether I can get an additional card for my other half. There are a couple of contradictory posts on this earlier in the thread. Has anyone managed to do this?

You can't get a second card.

In still using my 123 credit card for fuel and supermarkets for now.
  • Tandems tracking of referrals seems to be completely non existent.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Tandems tracking of referrals seems to be completely non existent.
    Works fine for me, I've referred 4 people and had £40 in Amazon vouchers.
  • Might try it out as a replacement for my Aqua Rewards card. The benefits seem very similar and monthly cashback vs yearly is more appealing.

My biggest gripe with the Aqua is the stiflingly low credit limits (£2k). What credit limits do Tandem give?

Also, anyone got a referral code?
  • dj1471 wrote: »
    Works fine for me, I've referred 4 people and had £40 in Amazon vouchers.

I think it was just misinformed customer services. The mention me emails with vouchers come through eventually.

Great card, very poor customer services.
  • Hi - I'm also about to apply for a tandem CC - does anyone want to share a referral code please?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,086 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Honestly just avoid them. They are a shoddy outfit.
    They declined me, couldn't tell me why, then removed the search from my credit file when I pressed them on it. Looks like an admin error. But like you, after reading about them looks like I dodged a bullet.
  • Please post referrals in the referrals board
  • They’re fine as far as a CC company goes.

They’re not obliged to provide their lending or decline process
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport