Tandem Bank credit card woes

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    Why do you take every possible opportunity to defend Tandem? Do you work there?

No.
    But they’re not responsible for people’s ineptitude to read before proceeding with an application
  • studentsaver_889
    Options
    It is clear they have 2 cards on their site.

User error is not their fault!:eek:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    No.
    But they’re not responsible for people’s ineptitude to read before proceeding with an application
    Absolutely.
    But you seem to defend EVERY tandem woes post.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I only use Tandem for account aggregation at present and I find it very useful. I have been thinking about getting the Tandem cashback credit card, and I have recommended it to others.

I also use Monzo, Curve, and Revolut.

The posts about compatability with old operating systems are worrying. I'm using a Galaxy Note III. Nearly 7 years old, running Android 5, and I will keep using the phone for a long as it works.

The new FinTech companies who offer app only based services will be depriving themselves of market share if they stop supporting old devices.

With Web based internet banking this is not an issue, but I wouldn't be happy using any of the new FinTechs as my main bank when the only access to their services is so precarious and could stop working at any time.
  • DanielSteenstra
    Options
    Check that Tandem setup Direct Debit correctly! I got a Tandem cash back credit card and setup Direct Debit to pay off in full - which was confirmed on the first statement and the app. This morning however the app stated that Direct Debit payment was received successfully whereas Tandem sent a text that payment had been refused by bank. 2 operators at Tandem confirmed each story, so that didn't help, to then go on to blame Santander for blocking payment. Santander however confirmed they never received a request from Tandem to setup a Direct Debit. In the meantime Tandem charged me £12 for missing a payment, whereas I strongly feel that it was their own fault for not making me aware of problems with setting up the Direct Debit. Anyway I paid in full +£12 and immediately cancelled the card as I have no confidence in Tandem's competence.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Check that Tandem setup Direct Debit correctly! I got a Tandem cash back credit card and setup Direct Debit to pay off in full - which was confirmed on the first statement and the app. This morning however the app stated that Direct Debit payment was received successfully whereas Tandem sent a text that payment had been refused by bank. 2 operators at Tandem confirmed each story, so that didn't help, to then go on to blame Santander for blocking payment. Santander however confirmed they never received a request from Tandem to setup a Direct Debit. In the meantime Tandem charged me £12 for missing a payment, whereas I strongly feel that it was their own fault for not making me aware of problems with setting up the Direct Debit. Anyway I paid in full +£12 and immediately cancelled the card as I have no confidence in Tandem's competence.

Did you check to see if the DD was setup on your Santander account?

If you login to Online Banking you can see a list of the current DD's
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe calling Tandem would have resolved the issue and had the £12 fee returned and the late payment marker removed from the CRAs.
  • penners324
    Options
    Had Tandem for about a year. Never had a problem with it. It's now the only credit card I use.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    penners324 wrote: »
    Had Tandem for about a year. Never had a problem with it. It's now the only credit card I use.
    Spam!!! :)
  • penners324
    Options
    Why?
    Just relating my experiences.
    Just because 5 people have posted some issues on here doesn't mean it's a trend. They have over half a milliion customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure