An update on me

Options

Comments

• mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I cannot cycle, not that I have tried in a while but have coordination issues due to my autism, and these days get ear problems which affect my balance.

Nearest swimming pool from me is like 45 minutes to a hour away (not far but public transport)

Like to know your qualifications to back up your claim and how you have a crystal ball to know every overweight person, and thats what I was hinting at your "experience" of overweight people makes you believe yourself to be a expert. Theres a difference between someone stuffing their face at every chance and a crazy diet and lifestyle and someone just overweight, it increases risk.

I also want to know your qualifications in mental health and disabilties, just because the point is even a expert doesn't know everything about every situation not getting at you just saying your own experiences don't mean everyones the same.

I need support to clear my mind first then I can focus on the physical side.

I used to go to the gym a lot when the issues first happened all that happened was I felt worse and that in itself made worse by the meatheads in the gym saying outright to my face comments about my apperance or that I was fooling no body.

You have health issues related to being overweight and you spend so much time in takeaways that you end up fighting with children.

You claimed in another post to miss the gym, now it was apparently so traumatic you couldn't face it again because it's yet another place where other people just randomly decided to insult you.

I'm afraid I just don't believe that anyone has the sheer amount of drama in their lives that you claim to have.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 March 2018 at 8:55AM
    Options
    Why do you think you have problems wherever you go? Genuine question, not being nasty.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    mattpaint wrote: »
    He can - did you not read the thread?
    Yes, I did.

And you're starting to sound like a bully.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Maybe the OP can't afford to go to a gym.

I wondered about that.

I think dekaspace lives in Glasgow so I had a look at gyms there. I get that it is a city so not all are going to be accessible for him but there are still quite a lot. And some (the 24/7 type for example) are not expensive at all. If he didn't want to take out a membership one of the pay as you go sites is offering £3-4 one off visits which is probably about the price of a takeaway.

And yoga/Pilates teachers often hire a hall so you can pay to go there for classes.

Even once a week at £3-4 (a monthly may be cheaper) isn't too bad.
  • I’d like to suggest the OP consider looking up some walking trails nearby.
    You obviously recognise the benefits of being outside but find pointless trips to the shops are not doing it for you. A short (or longer) walk in green spaces may be what you’re looking for. Take yourself off to the good parts of this pleasant land. You may also find those who frequent those spaces less likely to judge you and be less confrontational. A polite ‘hello’ and a brief ‘what a beautiful/awful day’ is generally enough. You can listen to your music/podcasts or just enjoy the sounds of nature.

Be prepared, have a read online about what to expect and research how you can get there. Obviously I don’t know where you live but there must be somewhere a bit more relaxing for you to go at the weekends than a town centre full of bored teenage kids.

In fact, think about that ‘where do bored kids go?’ And do the opposite. Libraries (as already mentioned), museums, National trust (generally there is no charge to walk the land, only for the house bit), are not the kinds of places where swearing/thieving/confrontational kids hang out.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’d like to suggest the OP consider looking up some walking trails nearby.
    You obviously recognise the benefits of being outside but find pointless trips to the shops are not doing it for you. A short (or longer) walk in green spaces may be what you’re looking for. Take yourself off to the good parts of this pleasant land. You may also find those who frequent those spaces less likely to judge you and be less confrontational. A polite ‘hello’ and a brief ‘what a beautiful/awful day’ is generally enough. You can listen to your music/podcasts or just enjoy the sounds of nature.

Be prepared, have a read online about what to expect and research how you can get there. Obviously I don’t know where you live but there must be somewhere a bit more relaxing for you to go at the weekends than a town centre full of bored teenage kids.

In fact, think about that ‘where do bored kids go?’ And do the opposite. Libraries (as already mentioned), museums, National trust (generally there is no charge to walk the land, only for the house bit), are not the kinds of places where swearing/thieving/confrontational kids hang out.

Nice one.

Really good suggestions

:beer::beer:
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Join a rambling group. They are always nice friendly welcoming people.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you listen to some music when you are out and about, maybe something calm and uplifting (or audio books) and as you will have earphones in you won't hear any comments from kids and maybe it will motivate you to walk further which is good for mood and health?
  • mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Yes, I did.

And you're starting to sound like a bully.

Good lord. Could you offer some real advice to the OP rather than just trying to create drama?
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jox wrote: »
    Can you listen to some music when you are out and about, maybe something calm and uplifting (or audio books) and as you will have earphones in you won't hear any comments from kids and maybe it will motivate you to walk further which is good for mood and health?

Not making excuses but again autism related I cannot wear headphones as they make me lose all awareness to point of either just about fainting or walking into traffic, last time I did I walked wrong way on esclators I lose all sense of coordination.

That being said the large old fashioned type headphones aren't as bad.

I do like a walk, the reason I choose shops is that in my mind a walk without a goal is pointless and going to shops does something.

And going in circles if I joined a walking group if I slept in or didn't attend one week or was late id get over anxious, its a vicious circle.
    mattpaint wrote: »
    You have health issues related to being overweight and you spend so much time in takeaways that you end up fighting with children.

You claimed in another post to miss the gym, now it was apparently so traumatic you couldn't face it again because it's yet another place where other people just randomly decided to insult you.

I'm afraid I just don't believe that anyone has the sheer amount of drama in their lives that you claim to have.

And im afraid anyone who writes like you is a troll or cherry picking things, I mean limited amount of posts whos alt are you?

I mean if you dug deeper you would realise I put up with poverty growing up, birth defect, family member murder, disability.

And I mentioned in past about problems with gym so again dig deeper.

I have ZERO known issues related to being overweight all my issues were down to genetics, it runs in the family if you are talking about the sleep apnea I had that when I was skinny as a rake.

In fact I get told blood pressure just right, blood sugar just right, cholesterol just right, lungs just right.

The only things I have had wrong with me in past few years are nothing to do with weight or are you saying a mole on my back is due to lifestlye?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure