An update on me

Options

Comments

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Don't even grin at them, they might take it as encouragement. Just turn your back and look in the other direction.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I'n not stupid by brother was threatened with a knife when I was at primary school, that being said these ones are well known by staffs own wording all talk and no trousers banned from many stores in town, well known to the police and as I know they are actually frightened of people who aren't scary like the 5 foot skinny as a rake girl who works in Subway I have seen them cower around her before when shes walked up to them.

Badly worded I meant what I said as in what comes out of a certain part of the body! Hence the word "had" not "have"

The choice was let him try and intimidate me or laugh at it. Not frightened of a kid not even 5 feet tall that has to overcompensate by trying to wind up others!

I do know hes banned from shops in town for giving lip to staff and trying to steal.

Either way people are focusing on the wrong part of things, im all but ignoring things now they know the police are out for them I don't need to say anything else to them and just grin at them if they ome near me.

If the police were "out for them", and know who they are, then they'd have been arrested the same day. Why do you think this has not happened?

People on the forum are seeing this from the position of a bystander, and from that view it doesn't across that you were laughing at them, it comes across that they were goading you and you gave them exactly the response they were looking for. In turn they were laughing at you.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want them to leave you alone, then you need to stop trying to play games with them. They are the children here and you are the adult, you need to act accordingly.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If the police were "out for them", and know who they are, then they'd have been arrested the same day. Why do you think this has not happened?

People on the forum are seeing this from the position of a bystander, and from that view it doesn't across that you were laughing at them, it comes across that they were goading you and you gave them exactly the response they were looking for. In turn they were laughing at you.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want them to leave you alone, then you need to stop trying to play games with them. They are the children here and you are the adult, you need to act accordingly.

That response is quite agitating really, yet again someone has taken something out of context.

Don't take things so literally and your response makes me feel you are trying to make me feel stupid, do you think I am ? As I am not I mean I know the police if need be would arrest same day so to ask the question you did acts as if I am stupid to realise.

And to let you know they DID interview the witnesses to the original act, I assumed they were just saying that to me but I was told by the witnesses they know who the GANG of kids are but didn't right away have the individual kids names/faces just as the "know who they are" is because they have moved along the kids so often when they have been causing trouble in shops so know their faces but would still need to go through files to find their names.

I mean the police know who the local junkies are so if I report a junkie causing problems and give a description they will know who it is by their face they might not know their name or where they live offhand.

If they got the reaction they wanted why did they on two occasions walk off, one in particular very angrily.

You know I am autistic, and you know I am not the best at wording myself online so take that into account and think maybe instead of looking at what I said and assuming they got the reaction they wanted that instead its that

I AM trying to leave them alone I was just making sure they got it clear

This entire scene took about 5 minutes, the total combined attention they got was under 20 seconds and I blanked them the rest of the time and they walked off in a huff as I didn't react.

Again it feels more like a insult to my intelligence if you write the way you do as its taking context out of things let me put it another way if you keep saying what you do it will make me agitated so if I see them again I will react, instead of the intention of getting me not to react.

But again, next time I see them now they know I mentioned the police are on their case (I could say "after them" but that to you doesn't seem right) I don't have to react to them at all.

And its easy to claim you wouldn't respond but in practise most people would as evidenced by the people I have seen in public with them before.

Peace out.
  • JWM
    JWM Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think all we are saying is:
    Do not smile.
    Do not grin at them
    Do not speak to them.
    At all.

Posting who said what to whom is pointless, please just stop engaging with them. Morons are only to be ignored.

I will leave it at that as you seem to be taking the very sensible advice you are getting as an attack - it is not, just good advice from people who want to help you.

All the best
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JWM wrote: »
    I think all we are saying is:
    Do not smile.
    Do not grin at them
    Do not speak to them.
    At all.

Posting who said what to whom is pointless, please just stop engaging with them. Morons are only to be ignored.

I will leave it at that as you seem to be taking the very sensible advice you are getting as an attack - it is not, just good advice from people who want to help you.

All the best

Its sensible advice but its easy to say something rather than do something. And you have to pick up on the fact im not stupid I know to be careful and kids will be rude regardless but the point is theres only so much you can do in a individual situation, sure ignoring them is the best but thats easier said than done like a few weeks ago when they sat at tables around me trying to intimidate me, I did ignore them then (different part of group than most recent) but was aware of keeping an eye out so they didn't try something.

I mean tonight the less active ones i.e ones they just try and wind you up tried starting when I was sitting down today I succesfully ignored it since they just knocked on window once and when I ignored for a mintue walked off after swearing, thats different than the ones a few days ago who were the same ones from the other week that were stalking men and trying to kick and punch me and surround me.

So it seems that the only time its really a problem is when two specific lads are there, the leaders of their small gang as they make the most literal noise (I mean to break a window by thumping it shows the sort of things they do)

I won't speak to them in future that was the point I was trying to make before after I made them aware of the police thing then made that joke about the guys height that was just to show I wouldn't get agitated at them anymore, now its out there I can ignore them totally.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I'n not stupid by brother was threatened with a knife when I was at primary school, that being said these ones are well known by staffs own wording all talk and no trousers banned from many stores in town, well known to the police and as I know they are actually frightened of people who aren't scary like the 5 foot skinny as a rake girl who works in Subway I have seen them cower around her before when shes walked up to them.
    Then it's your choice and I will leave it there
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    And the main thing to keep in mind is that there's only one of you, but it sounds like there are at least two, possibly more, of them. If things did turn nasty you know who would come off worst :( .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    And more recently at half term was started on by a group of 20-40 teenagers as I witnessed multiple ones drinking alcohol and stealing food and drink from fast food place and two of them swore at me and called me the r word, a p word for adults who like children in a a certain way, threaten to beat me up so I stood up to them and they kept running off whilst hurling more abuse.

That escalated on Sunday when a group of them were hammering on window at the fast food place and shouting about and making sexual and obscene gestures so I walked out and told them if they were anything but all talk and no trousers I was willing to fight them, they of course kept backing off and trying to surround me, one spat on me, one tried kicking me but I was too quick for him, another elbowed me in back and so I called police on them,
    Both times they threatened me first, the first time at half term they threatened to do me in, picked a chair and threatened to hit me with it one tried slapping back of head, one attempted to throw a drink over me etc.

This time they blocked the doorway and I couldnt get out.

Sorry but you need to stop. You're putting yourself into dangerous situations for no reason - other than to have drama to boast about on the internet.
  • mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Did anybody ask you for that advice?

It's helpful, practical advice. What's wrong with it exactly?
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    mattpaint wrote: »
    Sorry but you need to stop. You're putting yourself into dangerous situations for no reason - other than to have drama to boast about on the internet.

I don't think that's the reason. I think his autism is more severe than it appears, certainly more than dekaspace seems to realise. The fact that the police referred him to social services speaks volumes.

dekaspace - please find a different takeaway in a different area of town. I totally understand why you're going there, to get out and practice interacting with people through the staff. But you're creating a situation with these kids that you won't be able to handle.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure