An update on me

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sorry Dekaspace and don't mean to be unkind, but you seem to mix with some awful people. Don't you ever meet anyone pleasant, and kind, and fun? Why are there these awful people in your life all the time>

I actually dont its that I don't mix at all so when passers by interact I don't notice it much unless its a negative thing and only people that I am "friends" with have their own issues like autism or mental health hence again isolation.

The times in past when I was at college I was offered invites to parties, trips but was too drained.

Problem now with college is almost everyone on the course is around 18, is funny how a girl on my course has a crush on me but im basically double her age!
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Also if dekaspace is a tall adult male then 1470 calories a day is nowhere near enough!

It is if he's on a diet, doesn't work and does no physical activity.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I work 1 day a week volunteering, I walk most/every day (as in outside of walking around where I live my college has Verry steep stairs so much so theres been complaints its basically a skyscraper)
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options

:eek::eek::eek:
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I actually dont its that I don't mix at all so when passers by interact I don't notice it much unless its a negative thing and only people that I am "friends" with have their own issues like autism or mental health hence again isolation.

The times in past when I was at college I was offered invites to parties, trips but was too drained.

Problem now with college is almost everyone on the course is around 18, is funny how a girl on my course has a crush on me but im basically double her age!

I think I understand. You appear to be saying you're a loner and don't mix so the only interaction that you have with others is negative because it's only the negative behaviour that warrants a response from you. Is that it?

If so it seems a great shame that you have no 'normality' in your life and some nice decent people to mix with. I understand that things are made more difficult by you being autistic.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!!

The guy is 6ft tall. You need a 500 calorie deficit a day to lose a 1lb a week.

The bigger you are the more you can can eat and still lose weight.

This is not exact but look up TDEE and that will give you a rough ball park figure.

My partner is 6ft and nearly 19 stone Myfitnesspal told him him he should be on 1400 a day. Umm don't think so.

On that low calories he will mess up his metabolism and end up binge eating as that low a calories can't not be sustained long term.

I highly recommend two PT's on face book one is called rebelfit and the other is Richie Howey they talk a lot of sense. The last one does swear a bit but he makes so much sense.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Tabbytabitha
    First Anniversary
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I work 1 day a week volunteering, I walk most/every day (as in outside of walking around where I live my college has Verry steep stairs so much so theres been complaints its basically a skyscraper)

You're only at college one day a week for a couple of hours and you've said you're isolated and hardly leave your flat. By most people's standards, you lead a very sedentary lifestyle.

That isn't meant as a criticism, just an explanation of your calorific neds.
  • Tabbytabitha
    First Anniversary
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!!

The guy is 6ft tall. You need a 500 calorie deficit a day to lose a 1lb a week.

The bigger you are the more you can can eat and still lose weight.

This is not exact but look up TDEE and that will give you a rough ball park figure.

My partner is 6ft and nearly 19 stone Myfitnesspal told him him he should be on 1400 a day. Umm don't think so.

On that low calories he will mess up his metabolism and end up binge eating as that low a calories can't not be sustained long term.

I highly recommend two PT's on face book one is called rebelfit and the other is Richie Howey they talk a lot of sense. The last one does swear a bit but he makes so much sense.

Yours

Calley X

I assume that your partner works or is at least more active than the OP.

Your post comes very close to giving medical advice - the OP could see his GP and ask for a referral to a dietician.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Your post comes very close to giving medical advice - the OP could see his GP and ask for a referral to a dietician.

Don't see how telling someone how many calories they need to loose a pound a week or even how to work out how many calories you need a day is medical advice.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You're only at college one day a week for a couple of hours and you've said you're isolated and hardly leave your flat. By most people's standards, you lead a very sedentary lifestyle.

That isn't meant as a criticism, just an explanation of your calorific neds.

Im at college 3 days a week, work 1 day, and the other day I use for job coach and drs appointments etc.

The days I am in college I wake up around 7an and get home 6-7pm
    I assume that your partner works or is at least more active than the OP.

I did have a dietician in old town, the GP in this town just told me "everyone knows what to eat, just keep a good diet and sleep better" like I mentioned on the GP thread.

The dietician I had said my diet was fine just to sperad out what I eat over 3 meals as I was eating what I do eat in one large portion around bedtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure