🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

An update on me

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    And you know how much I cost the NHS? I know you were baiting but point was I have no weight related issues that cost the NHS money the only thing I get help with I have had since I was skinny in fact most of my life because I had birth defects (fluid on the brain leading to breathing problems and they assume what caused the autism)

I suppose then you enourage smoking and drinking due to the funds it brings the NHS.

No, not "baiting" - stating a fact to refute your comment. I neither encourage nor discourage smoking and drinking, people are free to chose for themselves.

Its not a fact though its a opinion, even though smokers/drinkers may put more into the pot than they take out that still means the same money is going to the NHS of which any treatment for me costs no different since I haven't got anything to get treated for that wasn't there due to birth problems be me fat or thin. and whos to say the smokers/drinkers themselves wouldn't have extra issues because of their lifestyle themselves?
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    She was jittery and always looking round to see if there was trouble. We were in a shopping centre and some teenage lads swaggered by, she shot off to the other side of the corridor because she thought they were going to attack her - they were just normal teens walking past, nothing to suggest they were dangerous. She wasn't used to cities let alone rough ones, and had three or four purses on her in case she was mugged so she could hand one over and not lose all her money. But in shops she'd be dividing her change amongst them all, which took longer than just stuffing her change in one purse would and made her more of a target.

She came from a small town in Holland where people don't even lock their doors at night and it just showed, she stood out like a sore thumb.

I am nowhere near as bad as that and I grew up on a very rough council estate, if anything that caused problems because as stated in past the school shoved everyone from council estate into the low intelligence classes and if someone from the better estates i.e middle class accused someone of something they were always believed, not just me I had actual friends back then that I lost touch with over the years, one I knew had autism back then (not by name just was told he was "different") I even remember being physically jumped on and beaten up but as they were from good homes they were believed schools own words were "its their word against yours, and I know whom I would believe"

I did stand up for myself in those days but aftter being treated like that I instead retreated into my shell and blanked the world, even if someone said hello I acted like they didn't exist just in fear of getting in trouble, so yes my social development was held back.

It was only very slowly in my late teens and until the family member died when I was 22 that I got better, I still was shy but I was able to flirt, had my first girlfriend, used to chat up and get chatted up in bars, my apperance was smarter, I had a good job due to increasing confidence and never got any negative comments bar the usual chavs and drunks that everyone gets.

Its just now 14 years later I never had a chance to get over the trauma added with age, weight makes my mental health worse so my shyness comes across different rather than blank everyone I talk too much.

In the past if I had a bad day I just continued even if I was drained, had a good nights sleep and was refreshed the next day, if I had to reschedule that night out I planned I did it the next day I could so it was out of my system.

Right now things never leave my system as I am drained either way.

For teens 99 times out of 100 id pass by no problem at most if I hear a nasty comment id bite my lip and (mentally) roll my eyes.

It was just this was a extreme situation, the first one being like 20-40 kids drinking and stealing in a gang that escalated things this was the first time I have done that back since I was a kid myself.
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Its not a fact though its a opinion, even though smokers/drinkers may put more into the pot than they take out that still means the same money is going to the NHS of which any treatment for me costs no different since I haven't got anything to get treated for that wasn't there due to birth problems be me fat or thin. and whos to say the smokers/drinkers themselves wouldn't have extra issues because of their lifestyle themselves?

But that isn't true because in your next post you say " (my) weight makes my mental health worse".

On one level you appreciate a major source of your problems but on another you deny it - perhaps that could be a useful motivator for you.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

It IS a fact, not an opinion.
  • mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Could you offer some real advice to the OP instead of continually running him down?
    I have. This isn't about you, no matter how hard you try to make it so.
  • mattpaint
    Options
    Not making excuses but again autism related I cannot wear headphones as they make me lose all awareness to point of either just about fainting or walking into traffic, last time I did I walked wrong way on esclators I lose all sense of coordination.

That being said the large old fashioned type headphones aren't as bad.

I do like a walk, the reason I choose shops is that in my mind a walk without a goal is pointless and going to shops does something.

And going in circles if I joined a walking group if I slept in or didn't attend one week or was late id get over anxious, its a vicious circle.

And im afraid anyone who writes like you is a troll or cherry picking things, I mean limited amount of posts whos alt are you?

I mean if you dug deeper you would realise I put up with poverty growing up, birth defect, family member murder, disability.

And I mentioned in past about problems with gym so again dig deeper.

I have ZERO known issues related to being overweight all my issues were down to genetics, it runs in the family if you are talking about the sleep apnea I had that when I was skinny as a rake.

In fact I get told blood pressure just right, blood sugar just right, cholesterol just right, lungs just right.

The only things I have had wrong with me in past few years are nothing to do with weight or are you saying a mole on my back is due to lifestlye?

You know what, you're absolutely right. You have no problems whatsoever and your life is perfect.

Right?
  • mattpaint
    Options
    Multiple studies in the last decade conclude the same: that your opinions are toxic. You SHOULD educate yourself if your words are actively harmful.

And yet you could only find one that hasn't been peer reviewed and wasn't devoted to what you claimed to support this.

It's a simple fact - fat people are responsible for themselves being fat, no-one else.
  • mattpaint
    Options
    Fat shaming kills people.

You need to get a grip.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Could you offer some real advice to the OP instead of continually running him down?
    mattpaint wrote: »
    I have. This isn't about you, no matter how hard you try to make it so.

Yes. I'm sure the OP will find your latest post very helpful...:whistle:
    mattpaint wrote: »
    You know what, you're absolutely right. You have no problems whatsoever and your life is perfect.

Right?
  • mattpaint
    Options
    Yes. I'm sure the OP will find your latest post very helpful...:whistle:

I hope so. It would certainly make him think about whether what he's saying is really true, or whether he does need to make some serious changes to his lifestyle for his own sake.

Would you not agree?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family