We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Willowtree222
    Options
    Glad DD had a good time, and it is helping with the split. Sometimes we just need that positivity to help us get through things like that. x
    Fingers crossed work is ok. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 December 2018 at 11:50PM
    Options
    Work wasn't too bad in the morning but got busier towards the evening,it wasn't as bad as Wednesday though which was a relief
    I've got the house to myself tonight because DD has gone to her departments Xmas party,I hope she has a good time

I'm off to bed shortly as I'm still tired,I feel like I've got a bit of a sore throat starting up,I'm hoping it won't come to anything though because I'm too busy to be ill and I can't take any time off work,I just have one week to work and then I'm on holiday for a week,next week is quite nice actually,I've got a long day on Sunday but then have two days off followed by a late then a day off then a long day so on four days next week I don't have to get up early :j

I'm off into town tomorrow with DD1 looking for an outfit for her Christmas party,I expect we will also go for lunch too which will be nice,we haven't spent much time together lately because we are both busy so it will be nice to catch up

Next weekend is mine and DD2s trip to Bristol for the weekend,I'm,looking forward to getting away evenif it's only for two days and it's even better because it's the start of my holiday so I won't have to go back to work when we come back :j

I've got the week leading up to Christmas off but I go back to work on Christmas Eve,it's an early though so I will finish at 3.30, I like working Christmas Eve as it's always such a nice atmosphere on the ward and we tend to spend most of the day sorting presents for Santa to hand out on Christmas morning to any children unfortunate enough to be stuck in hospital over Christmas, we have also been visited by reindeer and donkeys in the past and our city football and rugby team always visit and bring presents,we have lots of entertainment arranged such as a visiting panto a magician and story tellers it's great fun,hopefully it won't be too busy to enjoy it all, then once I finish on Christmas Eve I'm not back for two whole days so will be able to really chill out on Christmas Day :beer:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Just edited my signature to take off this months SC payment, not long until I get into the 15000 bracket,I've also altered the Xmas savings to take into account the money I have spent so far,I just have four small things to get and the rest of the money is for food and drink,I'm not buying loads just the food for our Xmas meal and some buffet type things for tea on Xmas day and Boxing Day,I've got Chocolate treats and nibbles already so I should come in on budget:j:j
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Making progress with the debt, which must make you feel proud?

I am definitely following your example and having a budget next year. I should have planned earlier than I did, but I guess my mind was occupied. x

Starting afresh.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What you do on the ward for the children over Christmas sounds really lovely :). I can see why you enjoy it.

Have a good day today :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Defo sounds like progress on getting the debt total down, OBL. I know what you mean about getting into each 'new bracket'......I remember it well.
    Loved hearing about what you'll be doing at work for Christmas Eve. It is bound to mean such a lot to people who are unable to go home.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had a lovely day today,DD came this morning and we went off to town,she was looking for a Christmas party outfit and we found a lovely dress in the first shop we went in :T this never happens,we always end up trudging round for hours,so we then had time to have a leisurely wander round town,we went for lunch and then had a mooch round the Christmas market before coming home
    Me and DD2 are being naughty tonight and ordering pizza for tea as she has a small hangover and I'm too tired to make anything,this will also give me something to take to work tomorrow as well
    DD2;bought the book written by the woman who did the no spend year as it was on sale on kindle for £1.99 I also ordered a copy and started reading it just now,it's really good and full of tips for living on less,most of them so far are things I already know from here but for someone who doesn't know about this site it would be a good resource, reading it has inspired me to be even more frugal than I am being:j

DGS Xmas present arrived today so thats him all sorted, I now just need to get my last bits on Monday and I am done :j
    DD1 told me today that Sil wants a guitar for Xmas and the one her wants is slightly out of her price range so he is putting money towards it so I've suggested I give him some money to put towards that which means I won't have to think of anything to buy him :j

Right I now have to put on my big girl pants and take the dog out,I persuaded DD2 to take her out this morning so I didn't have to and I promised I would do it this evening instead but it's just started absolutely chucking it down whereas it was sunny this morning:mad:
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hope you don't get soaked taking the dog out.

Christmas is coming together for you. What a lovely day you have had. I miss pizza. I was never a huge fan, but now I can't have it, I want it more than ever.

I still need to wrap so many presents to see what I do and don't have. I'm normally done by now, but this year my heart isn't in it.

Enjoy tonight. x

Starting afresh.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your day with DD sounds lovely :). I'm not that keen on pizza but sometimes crave a takeaway curry.

I haven't wrapped a single present yet so you're very organised compared to me :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Hope you don't get soaked taking the dog out.

Christmas is coming together for you. What a lovely day you have had. I miss pizza. I was never a huge fan, but now I can't have it, I want it more than ever.

I still need to wrap so many presents to see what I do and don't have. I'm normally done by now, but this year my heart isn't in it.

Enjoy tonight. x

It stopped raining before we went so we were ok :j I do love pizza but I try not to eat it too often because it's soooo fattening

I'm never organised for Christmas this is a first for me and I must admit although it's a nice thought be so stress free this year it does feel a bit weird,I'm walking round thinking I've forgotten something really big :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure