We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It was fun but I had to sit down for a bit afterwards because I made myself dizzy:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    haha!

Kids are so much fun at times, and others totally exhausting! My 5 year old told me about symbiosis the other day. She pronounced in perfectly, and then told me the meaning of it. I had to google it because I had no idea what it was...
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    haha!

Kids are so much fun at times, and others totally exhausting! My 5 year old told me about symbiosis the other day. She pronounced in perfectly, and then told me the meaning of it. I had to google it because I had no idea what it was...
    :rotfl: brilliant
    I was seeing a 5 year old boy in clinic one day and he was holding some rocks,his mum told me he was interested in rocks so I asked him if he was going to be a scientist when he grew up and he said " no actually I'm going to be a paleantologist" :rotfl:

Another time I was trying to do blood pressure on a little girl and I couldn't get the cuff to go round her arm the right way,she sighed looked me up and down and said "you don't really know you are doing do you ":rotfl::rotfl: her mum was mortified but I thought it was brilliant and hilarious, I think when they can speak and have a conversation is my favourite time with small children
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 6 December 2018 at 3:07PM
    Options
    So I didn't update yesterday because I was really tired after work and when I got home I had to help DD with a cake she had baked that had gone a bit wrong,it's for her practice educator at her placement and she needed it today because it's her last day,we couldnt salvage it for today though so she took in a large tub of chocolates instead,I have been in town and cheated and bought readymade butter icing,so we now have cake to eat:j:j

I did make it out of bed in time yesterday so managed to clean out the chickens and it wasn't raining so they got some time out in the garden,Then it was off to work and boy do I wish I had stayed at home:eek:I started my shift on the ward which was chaos and the had to go and do a clinic which was horrendous and ran an hour late,thank god all the parents were very understanding yesterday ,then it was back to the ward to finishing my shift, it was even busier than when I got there and they had actually run out of space for any more patients,there had been no other HCA on yesterday so everything that needed doing was waiting for me when I got back,I like being busy and for some reason I work well under pressure but yesterday was too much,hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad,I'm in clinic most of the day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

This morning I got up at a reasonable time and had to go into town,to get the aforementioned butter icing ( very lazy but quite cheap I'm pleased to say) I also had to get cat litter as we are having problems finding a good one that works,we like a clumping cat litter that absorbs the wee so it doesn't spread ,this way you can just clean out the dirty part and leave the rest behind,all the stuff we have bought recently doesn't clump and we are ending up throwing the whole tray full away every time we clean it,the clumping cat litter is really heavy though so I had to take my shopping trolley,I also bought some cat food and potatoes
    I made Honey and mustard chicken for tea on Tuesday and also took it to work yesterday, I have two portions left so I'm having one tonight for my tea and taking the other to work for my lunch tomorrow but I needed potatoes to go with it

I didn't buy the booster seat today in the end because I had too much to carry so will have to get it next time
    I'm cleaning and tidying the house in a minute because its messy again and I also have washing on the go ,that's my day so far,I might be back later if I get everything done
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your work day yesterday sounds horrendous :eek:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    That was a stressful busy day at work, OBL. I don't blame you for not feeling like getting bowls & whisks out for DIY butter icing!
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Sorry work was so stressful, that must have been annoying so much work waiting for you?

Yes, I am having proper conversations here too, and it is mind blowing the stuff she comes out with. Her rationalising of things sometimes stumps me!

x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    It was a pretty horrible shift,I'm hoping tomorrow will be better but it's winter so probably not :(

I'm feeling shattered this evening so will probably be having an early night tonight,I did manage to get some of my housework done today so the kitchen and bathroom are clean and I've done some washing,
    I also managed to clean the chickens house out,one of them is moulting again,I don't know why they do this just when it starts to get cold,it looked like they had had a pillow fight in their house today:eek:

DD had some good news today,it was the last day of her placement and she got 93% for it,you can't get any higher than that so she is pleased,I'm so proud of her for sticking with it after her first placement was so horrible,this placement was completely different and her practice educator was fantastic,she encouraged DD to believe in herself and gave her lots of responsibility so she really got to see what the job will be like if she works in a hospital setting
    DD said it was sad saying goodbye to all the patients and staff today but she is pleased it went so well and she now has a bit of downtime, not a lot though because she is working in Orthopaedics for the next two weeks covering holidays on her old department :)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done to DD :T. Make sure you get an early night.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Thanks Hairy,it so nice to see her happy, she has been quite sad since splitting with her boyfriend in September but I'm starting to so and hear her laugh more now and this work placement has helped no end to keep her spirits up
    I'm definitely going to bed early, I'm not sure if I'm having a small flare up of Fibro symptoms,normally it starts with tiredness that is worse than normal swiftly followed by pain and my legs feel quite painful this evening,hopefully I will feel better in the morning,I'm not going to cope well at work if this is a Fibro flare 😟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure