We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,692 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've reported it too Beanie.

That's Monday done.

Joey Jimbles that is a fantastic idea, thank you :) I think I've got a 100 square grid somewhere from a while ago.

First day back at work boo :( Really busy catching up with stuff so it flew by. Back in the gym at lunchtime, starting the week as I mean to go on.

Got £20 in gift vouchers from work from someone I did a favour for. I've got £40 in vouchers now :)

Checked my wage slip and I got my exceed bonus finally :) Totally ravished by tax and NICS though.

Took cat back to vets today for post op check up, she's fine and at least I didn't have to pay anything today. Nightmare getting a taxi home though, they kept sending the taxi to the wrong vets despite me giving them distinct directions.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,948 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the vouchers & the bonus :j :j xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes - yippee to bonus and vouchers. And glad cat is ok.

Hope you're not rudely awakened again in the middle of the night by X Factor competitions!:eek:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sounds like your day has gone well SA.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    That's Tuesday done :)

Holiday tickets email arrived today :)

Printed off 100 square sheet to help me recoup vet bill :)

Mr SA hassling me to death about a new shaver :( Not told him about my bonus and don't intend to. It will just go towards doing up the living room.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One holiday finished, another one in the pipeline, it sounds good to me. Like the idea of 100 squares , but not the actual vet bill.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Holiday tickets will get you in the mood! Good idea on using the extra cash for the living room and keeping it quiet from Mr SA!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thursday already!

I was so cross with Mr SA yesterday as he left the shower in a right mess which I had to clean up at 5am before I could have a shower :( When I mentioned it to him he said I was nagging him! He had a strop on last night and actually had his first alcohol free night in about 5 years! It was lovely for me - no snoring, no constant going to the toilet and no beer fumes! I've told him he must cut down it's upsetting his stomach and bladder.

Today I was running late coming home from work, I had something to finish. Only 30 minutes later than usual but Mr SA rang because he was worried his dinner would be late!

Looking forward to tomorrow as I'm wine tasting with my old team after work. Mr SA had the cheek to moan about me spending money! His main concern is what time he'll get his dinner. So annoying. The wine tasting will only cost me £10 as I get the other £10 reimbursed through work! I've never done wine tasting before.

I'm getting so fed up of not being able to do anything because of him. This isn't a new thing he's never liked me doing anything that doesn't involve him. Yet if I asked him to go wine tasting he'd say no. Very frustrating and very unfair.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,948 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your wine tasting :)
    I did one a while back & there was a quiz about the different wines!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Thursday already!

I was so cross with Mr SA yesterday as he left the shower in a right mess which I had to clean up at 5am before I could have a shower :( When I mentioned it to him he said I was nagging him! He had a strop on last night and actually had his first alcohol free night in about 5 years! It was lovely for me - no snoring, no constant going to the toilet and no beer fumes! I've told him he must cut down it's upsetting his stomach and bladder.

Today I was running late coming home from work, I had something to finish. Only 30 minutes later than usual but Mr SA rang because he was worried his dinner would be late!

Looking forward to tomorrow as I'm wine tasting with my old team after work. Mr SA had the cheek to moan about me spending money! His main concern is what time he'll get his dinner. So annoying. The wine tasting will only cost me £10 as I get the other £10 reimbursed through work! I've never done wine tasting before.

I'm getting so fed up of not being able to do anything because of him. This isn't a new thing he's never liked me doing anything that doesn't involve him. Yet if I asked him to go wine tasting he'd say no. Very frustrating and very unfair.

Don't let him stop you doing doings, you deserve to have some fun as you work so hard.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport