Options
1139313941395139613971399»

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,321 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Will pass on a hoola hoop!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,301 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can remember doing the WiFit hula hoop and the other games. I was rubbish at the one where you had to sit really still and watch the candle 😆

When the live hoop sessions first started on the WW app I watched the first one to see what is was all about. The instructor showed you how to do it by putting one foot slightly in front of the other and moving backwards and forwards rather than the instinct to move side to side. She uses a power hoop and they’re not cheap at around £60. 

I’ve heard some really funny stories about those hoops with the weighted ball that you clip round your waist - people getting trapped in them and a bloke being hit in his Crown Jewels by the ball 🤣🤣

I just want a normal hoop that’s slightly heavier than a kid’s plastic one. I’ll come across one, it’s not desperate. 
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I can remember doing the WiFit hula hoop and the other games. I was rubbish at the one where you had to sit really still and watch the candle 😆

I've still got a Wii Fit and get it out from time to time. Find it really good fun
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £33,676

Mortgage 04/24  £17,400 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £581.00

Challenges

EF #68  £175/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £76/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £13.75
    Christmas '24 £14. 

Make £5 a day - Apr £105.17£150            
    NSDs April 9/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I like the one where you wiggle your hips to hit numbers to total 20.  It ususally really loosens my back up.
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I would just use a regular adult hula hoop.  You can then hoop with other parts of your body and do other hoop exercises.  Those weights hoops can really bruise people. 

I've done both and stick with hoop dance hoops.  They are a lot cheaper than £60 too!
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    katsu said:
    I would just use a regular adult hula hoop.  You can then hoop with other parts of your body and do other hoop exercises.  Those weights hoops can really bruise people. 

I've done both and stick with hoop dance hoops.  They are a lot cheaper than £60 too!
    There are a couple of hoops outside my local charity shop. Maybe I should try one from there first to see how I get on. I've heard about the bruises 😬
  • Sun_Addict
    edited 3 January 2023 at 8:34AM
    Options
    Morning all, I've done it, I've made a new diary finally, hopefully see you all there:

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport