Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,543 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cut my post short as he appeared suddenly.

Basically they can't do much for him medically. The doctor said to him just try to concentrate on what you can do, you're lucky to be here. I think once he accepts his situation he'll be a lot better. He's always been a pessimist though, nothing's changed there. I suggested swimming lessons as he's lost his ability to swim and the doctor thought it was a good idea and the swimming would do him good, physically and mentally.

So now it's just the cat tomorrow. I'm praying the blood tests will be ok and they can go straight ahead with the dental work. I just want it over and done with. It's like she knows, she's done nothing but hang around staring at me. She's nil by mouth from 8pm, she won't be happy about that. Plus tomorrow is the anniversary of losing my mum to a brain tumour so it's never a good day.

And then the next day it's the dreaded weigh in at WW.

Ugh - and then back to work Monday.

Roll on Lanzarote.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on the scan SA - you both must be so pleased. I do hope that Mr SA decides to take up the idea on swimming. Sounds like a good idea and should help his co-ordination as well.

Glad to hear you managed to relax and get some sunbathing in today. :)

Hope all goes well with Puss tomorrow. Lanzarote time will be here before you know it.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,688 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As I said great news for you both.
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great news about Mr SA's scan. I hope poor moggie gets on okay tomorrow.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow on your's mum's anniversary.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Brilliant news re Mr SA’s results! So relieved for you. It’s scary when you see scans etc though isn’t it?!

Thinking of you tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Just a quick update - the cat is fine, hasn't had any teeth removed thankfully, I've to pick her up at 6pm. I'll walk there and taxi back. It's about 4 miles away. Just got the scary bit to do now - the bill.

See you later.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    :eek: £517 :eek:

Goes to lie in darkened room :eek:

:eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    OMG :eek::eek:
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    £517!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I thought the cost of my recent filling was bad enough. Your Puss doesn't use my dentist by any chance does she.:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I wouldn't mind but after paying out all that they suggested a sachet of special light food, vet said it was £1. Paid the £1 to the receptionist. While I was on the phone to the taxi firm she came up and said sorry I need another 6p!!!! After I'd just spent £517!!!!

Back home the cat ate the whole sachet in seconds then was looking around for more.

Got to take her back Monday for a check up. Hopefully there won't be any costs involved other than taxi fares.

Managed to get a glance in Mr SA's shed today - full of rubbish! I made a start on clearing it and he was doing his nut. Rusty screws, empty plant pots, dried up paint, etc. Then he says there's no room in it for garden tools! He's been a right Mr Grumpy today, you wouldn't believe he'd just got the all clear again.

18 years since I lost my mum today :( Still miss her after all this time :(

Next ordeal is WW tomorrow dreading it. Will have to go to early weigh in as DS has sprung it on me he'll be bringing the GKs here at 10am.

Then it's just back to work boo :(

On the plus side, today was payday, I got my pay rise back pay plus it looks as though I finally got my exceed bonus, I won't know for sure until I view my payslip on Monday (you can only see it through an online work package) but I came out with a lot more than I expected which is good :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback