First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you arrived home safely and you're not too blue SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Finally got through what you've been up these last weeks! Happy belated birthday wishes from me too and it sounds like you had a really lush holiday - just up your street!

Hope you and Mr SA had an easy journey back and the four-legged pair made a fuss of you when you returned (bet they did!)!!!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello folks :)

Landed around 2pm yesterday. Dog went mad when she saw us, the cat played it cool but has done nothing but hang around me since we got back

We ended up going to Mambo on the last night, just to watch the sunset, it was absolutely amazing. I have Ibiza withdrawal symptoms already :(

Mr SA has been very withdrawn since we got back, I think he's stressing about the scan and consultant appointment tomorrow. He had a few toilet accidents on holiday and he's convinced his loss of control is down to seizures. I've read up on it and it's common in stroke survivors (which he had when he had the brain bleed). It's the signals to the brain. However, it's always worse when he's had alcohol, which I've reminded him about. Will mention it to the doctor tomorrow though. He said he had a funny turn this morning when he was watching TV and couldn't think where he was.

Just checked my finances and I really need to keep a check on what I spend as my cc bill is always more than I think it is, it all tallies though so only myself to blame. We came back with $30 which will be carried forward to Lanzarote. Only used the card once on holiday and that was to pay for the meal/drinks in Mambo on my birthday which were rather expensive but worth it, I didn't want to run out of cash.

There were quite a lot of places I would've like to visit while we were away but couldn't because it's just so hard to get Mr SA from A to B, you can't just go anywhere, we were really very much tied to close by to the hotel. I got into a routine of going for a walk on my own every morning while he watched the news in the room. It was a shame he couldn't come but there's no way we could get the wheelchair along the beach and the pavements were so uneven. He didn't hire a scooter as last year he could hardly get it anywhere because a lot of it is just rocky paths plus it was an ordeal to charge it up. At least he's got one for Lanzarote and we'll be able to get out and about more.

I've spent today cleaning the house, unpacking, washing and ironing. The weather has been lovely here and I've even managed to sit outside with my book.

Payday on Friday so will sort budget for September. Also need to get back on the WW wagon after the holiday excesses. Will be weighing in on Saturday - I've only got 4 weeks to lose whatever I've put on :eek:
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely holiday and birthday was had. Hope all goes well tomorrow for Mr SA at the hospital.

Enjoy the sunny evening .
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you guys had a brilliant time SA. Poor Mr SA, hopefully tomorrow might put his mind at ease a bit xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely holiday and birthday. I hope things go well for Mr SA's scan.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope it goes ok, and that a suggestion to cut drinks from the consultant gets delivered.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Redo - after a lecture from me tonight his pint has lasted a very long time, so I hope he's taken heed. I think he thinks I'm just nagging him. He shouldn't really be drinking at all with his brain problems but he enjoys his beer and doesn't get drunk, after what he's been through I can understand to some extent, he just needs to cut down in my opinion.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It is a difficult one :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Your holiday sounds lovely SA. I would love to go to Ibiza, we went when I was a kid. Fond memories.

Hope the appointment goes well, will send positives vibes!

XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport